Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd: 3 Northern Blues vs. Sandringham (Read 43023 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL Rd: 3 Northern Blues vs. Sandringham

This week's VFL game could have vital importance to our future.
I can't write that very often, but this round it could be true. Matthew Kreuzer COULD be playing.

I'm always of the opinion that the club needs to err on the side of caution with serious injuries. There have been few as significant as those of the big No 8 in recent times, especially as his preseason looked so promising. So this week could be a watershed moment.
From the sounds of things the lad wants to play and is only looking for the medical say so to take the field against St. Kilda 2nds (sometimes known as Sandringham). Considering the issues we have had with ruckmen, having a guy his stature could be a blessing.

Has he come back too early? That will not be known until after this weekend's game. But one way or the other it is an important moment in our season.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL Rd: 3 Northern Blues vs. Sandringham

Reply #1
This week's VFL game could have vital importance to our future.
I can't write that very often, but this round it could be true. Matthew Kreuzer COULD be playing.

I'm always of the opinion that the club needs to err on the side of caution with serious injuries. There have been few as significant as those of the big No 8 in recent times, especially as his preseason looked so promising. So this week could be a watershed moment.
From the sounds of things the lad wants to play and is only looking for the medical say so to take the field against St. Kilda 2nds (sometimes known as Sandringham). Considering the issues we have had with ruckmen, having a guy his stature could be a blessing.

Has he come back too early? That will not be known until after this weekend's game. But one way or the other it is an important moment in our season.

A doc on another site said with the injury Krooz has you just don't know.

Could be right as rain, but they won't know until he starts running.

I think they've been very cautious.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #2
Hopefully cautious enough. if we can actually get a few games out of him, that would be very good.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
re: Nick Holman,, was told he is being used as a run with tagger so his own numbers will probably be down but
he played on James Magner last week and the NB's brains trust were very happy with his work...
I hope the kids progresses as he got thrown to the wolves in his first couple of games, bullied by opponents and had to fend for himself given how weak our senior players are...

Reply #4
Sandringham vs. Northern Blues   
Sunday, May 03   
Trevor Barker Beach Oval 2.00pm

Sandringham

B   Shakallis   Lee   Simpkin
HB   Shenton   Goddard   Webster
C   Acres   Jones   Saunders
HF   Templeton   Brown   McCartin
F   Dennis-Lane   Hickey   Schneider
R   Pierce   Cook   Cockie
Int   Ong   Weickhardt   Wright    White   Hooy*   Curren    Minchington   Zijai   Saad    Murdoch   Holmes   Le Grice

Northern Blues

B:   Smith   Fields   McGuinness
HB:   Wilkinson   Watson   Dick
C:   Russell   Walsh   Tutt
HF:   Viojo   Foster   Johnson
F:   Menzel   Casboult   Wilson
R:   Warnock   Holman   Graham
Int:   Perry*   Murray   Bransgrove    Gowers   Johnston   Strachan    Bolger   Dirago   Cattapan

Cattapan will play. he was one of the better players last week. Menzel can't be 100 % or he'd probably be in the seniors.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Sunday, May 03   
Trevor Barker Beach Oval at 11am

Sandringham

B   Williams   Plostins   Daidone
HB   Coates   Le Grice   Noone
C   McTaggart   Murdoch   Brown
HF   Baker-Thomas   Hayes   Harris
F   Widdowson   Kreymborg   Barnhoorn
R   Huntington   Maitland   Verma
Int   Payne   Woodman   Cameron
    Davis   Neiwand   Ong
    Haidon   Gilbert   Roos
    Hodges   Waterman   Persson

Northern Blues

B   Johnston   Dirago   Yelland
HB   M. Gleeson   Coulson   Gowers
C   Stevens   Tardio   Strachan
HF   Armitage   Walton   McDonagh
F   Soncin   Conlon   Murray
R   Bolger   Ballard   Cattapan
Int:   Asani   McDonald   Kinsella    Aujla   J. Roberts   Kur    Haynes   Dawson   K. Roberts    Aurrichio   Langwell   
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
Sunday, May 03   
Trevor Barker Beach Oval 2.00pm

Sandringham

B   Shakallis   Lee   Simpkin
HB   Shenton   Goddard   Webster
C   Acres   Jones   Saunders
HF   Templeton   Brown   McCartin
F   Dennis-Lane   Hickey   Schneider
R   Pierce   Cook   Cockie
Int   Ong   Weickhardt   Wright    White   Hooy*   Curren    Minchington   Zijai   Saad    Murdoch   Holmes   Le Grice

Northern Blues

B:   Smith   Fields   McGuinness
HB:   Wilkinson   Watson   Dick
C:   Russell   Walsh   Tutt
HF:   Viojo   Foster   Johnson
F:   Menzel   Casboult   Wilson
R:   Warnock   Holman   Graham
Int:   Perry*   Murray   Bransgrove    Gowers   Johnston   Strachan    Bolger   Dirago   Cattapan

Cattapan will play. he was one of the better players last week. Menzel can't be 100 % or he'd probably be in the seniors.

Yes, it will be very interesting to see if Menzel takes the field. For me, he needs to learn to impose himself on the game over the full duration. When in the contest, what he does is simply brilliant... but he needs to do it more often!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7
Interesting to see that Watson - pushed by some as the next great hope in the seniors - is named to play at CHB.  He hasn't exactly set the world on fire in that role.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #8
No Kruezer??
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #9
Interesting to see that Watson - pushed by some as the next great hope in the seniors - is named to play at CHB.  He hasn't exactly set the world on fire in that role.

Most frustrating thing about this football club is the fact that after 4-5 years in the system Watto still hasn't had a decent run at it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #10
Most frustrating thing about this football club is the fact that after 4-5 years in the system Watto still hasn't had a decent run at it.

Hasn't had carrots or hasn't deserved ?

BIG DIFFERENCE...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #11
Next week for Kreuzer?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
Hasn't had carrots or hasn't deserved ?

BIG DIFFERENCE...

Over these 4-5 years on the list, i can't remember too many times where i've thought, geez, i wish we had've picked Watson.

Says it all really.

Reply #13

Still not a decent runner

Reply #14
Still not a decent runner
Truly frightening that, after all this time. However, I guess we shall see if the NB's have the skill to find him even standing still.
Live Long and Prosper!