Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 22: Pre Game asking for a PP: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 25462 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 22: Pre Game asking for a PP: Carlton vs Melbourne

Early game on Sunday against a team which is actually playing quite well. God knows we aren't. The end of the season cannot come quickly enough.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 22: Pre Game asking for a PP: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #1
Can we request that AFL invoke the mercy rule and relieve us of our obligation to front up for the next two weeks?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
Us v st K, and first half v Lions was excruciating to watch. No doubt about that at all. Seriously if we can't bring that last half performance for the remaining couple of games, I'm going to have to watch with my eyes closed and the volume off.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #3
Melbourne are looking for a final 8 spot, silly as that sounds. They should kill us on our present form. The long term weather looks wet as well, which we have not thrived in.
Cripps and Weitering should be rested. They are injured and both not close to 100% fit. But will we rest them? Probably not.
Not sure those conditions are made for Cuningham or Boekhorst at this point, but who knows?

This time last year we rose spectacularly to beat Melbourne. Everitt and Walker both did well that day, while Kreuzer thrashed Gawn. Can't see any of those things happen this time around.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Drop a bloody ruckman!

Reply #5
The Dees are a lot better than a year ago and we are struggling - I'm not feeling good about this game but I'll probably go along anyway.  :-\
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
Its the last round I'm scared of.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #7
Drop a bloody ruckman!

It will take both of ours to come close to breaking even with Gawn . . . and who would you bring in?

Phillips had a dirty day but I think that he would give more than most of the blokes in the NBs, with the possible exception of Billy Gowers.

I would send Cuningham back to the NBs, promote Gowers and play Tuohy up the ground.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
The Dees are a lot better than a year ago and we are struggling - I'm not feeling good about this game but I'll probably go along anyway.  :-\
We struggled for the first 6 of the last 8 qtrs, prior to that we did ok agains WC, Syd and Haw. If we can start properly against Melb, we will give them a a good run. If we start like we did against StK and Bris, we will lose again. The first two qtrs against Bris were as bad if not not worse than anything we dished up in 2014 and 2015. Totally unacceptable and BB will make this crystal clear in the reviews. Having said that, I hope he sticks with Cunningham, let him play out the year, he did some nice things, he can only benefit from the next two games in the ones.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #9
Could have it's interest. Melbourne have come on but gee they have bad one's too and drop ordinary games. Up to today they were the only side that lost to Essendon, which only Melbourne (or maybe us) can do.

Melbourne would've had alot to answer for if they ended up being the only side to lose to Essendon....lol. Doesn't matter now after today.

Reply #10
Almost impossible to see us winning on form, Melbourne's win against Hawthorn was terrific and they followed it up with an easy win over Port in Adelaide.
St Kilda smashed us then got taken apart by Sydney and we just lost to a very poor Brisbane.
The form says we should be about $4.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #11
Almost impossible to see us winning on form, Melbourne's win against Hawthorn was terrific and they followed it up with an easy win over Port in Adelaide.
St Kilda smashed us then got taken apart by Sydney and we just lost to a very poor Brisbane.
But we also know that this time of the year, crazy crap happens.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #12
Can you imagine what Gawn is gonna do to us!? If anyone is still alive in SC - lock him in for Captain.......

Melbourne will smack us.......absolutely smack us......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #13

This is Melbourne we a re talking about though. They can turn to crap at any possible moment. If i were a supporter I'd have as much trust in them as I done in us. We are due actually, while after lots of promise and getting their supporters hopes up Melbourne are due to let them down again.

Am I tipping us? Of course

....not....lol.

Reply #14
Can you imagine what Gawn is gonna do to us!? If anyone is still alive in SC - lock him in for Captain.......

Melbourne will smack us.......absolutely smack us......
Well I hope our blokes (especially Kruze) rip right into him and work him over. Guaranteed BB will put the acid on the our two fellas this week. Lets see how they respond.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th