Skip to main content
Topic: Daisy ready for 2015 (Read 8914 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Daisy ready for 2015

Reply #1
Fully fit and firing Daisy, Kruezer and Juddy round 1 will make a huge difference.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
Fully fit and firing Daisy, Kruezer and Juddy round 1 will make a huge difference.

A fully fit 22 players will make a huge difference!

Obviously those individuals are key though.

Reply #3
Some good positive signs from what Daisy stated about himself, Warnock and Kreuzer. These three really offered little as a total last season. If they get to where they need to be it will be a season where we should win more games than we lose. Jamo, Murphy, Gibbs, Rowe and Judd are just expected to come out on the park and have a serious impact every game. There are some good sized units in that group that trained. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #4
Tutt 3rd in the time trial.

A guy that fast should not have endurance as good as that. Very positive.

We had played last year 3 men down with Bootsma, Duigan and Scotland all gone by round 5. Truckloads of surgery. No Judd / Kreuzer. A lot of doom and gloom. This season has a totally different feel at this stage.

So glad we underachieved last year. The club finally got serious about the number of players we had to turn over.

The list looks in so much better shape- both in players and fitness.

Reply #5
Just by looking at him Thomas looks so much fitter this year.

He had some love handles last year - this years' version just looks lean and trim.

Casboult looks like he's built right up. This year he's really got to produce.

Reply #6
So glad we underachieved last year. The club finally got serious about the number of players we had to turn over.

Not to mention finishing in the bottom 10 gives us the games against the easier sides which gives us a real shot at finals football.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #7
He needs to start earning the 700k a year pay packet that he is on in 2015. That means returning to midfield and averaging 25-30 touches a week. He was not recruited to play in the forward pocket or get easy touches off half back.

At this stage the recruitment of Dale Thomas has been jost as bad as the recruitment of Mick Martyn.

Reply #8
TBF, he never was a midfielder or a high disposal accumulator. He was more of a flanker, always a great impact player providing big moments in big games. That's what he needs to do for us to make it worthwhile.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #9
At this stage the recruitment of Dale Thomas has been jost as bad as the recruitment of Mick Martyn.

A little harsh perhaps Roy?  Thomas has shown glimpses of form, Martyn was done.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
He needs to start earning the 700k a year pay packet that he is on in 2015. That means returning to midfield and averaging 25-30 touches a week. He was not recruited to play in the forward pocket or get easy touches off half back.

Roy...Tend to agree that Thomas dudded us out of 700k last season and needs to start earning his money and influencing games and that getting touches off the half back flank isnt
part of what we recruited him for....he was recruited to provide silky disposal and be creative at A grade level...
I was expecting what Goddard has given Essendon in terms of output....

To be fair I dont think anything can be as bad as Mick Martyn..except Mick McGuane...

Reply #11
I think if we paid him $700k last season and it appears way too much, that is a fair call. If he gives us back 3, 4 or 5 unbelievable seasons of "A" grade, elite football, he will have been worth all his money. His number reason for being picked up, was to fill the hole Judd might have left. Then one of the young guns would eventually take the key mid role. You pick who you think that gun might be. These young kids just can't be a Judd after a season or 2 in the seconds. IMO.

Once Daisy hits his pace and skills, he should repay his worth with no troubles at all. I have faith he will never be Mick Martyn for us. I hope like hell I am spot on with what I just posted to not look like a joke years down the track.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #12

Roy...Tend to agree that Thomas dudded us out of 700k last season and needs to start earning his money and influencing games and that getting touches off the half back flank isnt
part of what we recruited him for....he was recruited to provide silky disposal and be creative at A grade level...

To be fair I dont think anything can be as bad as Mick Martyn..except Mick McGuane...

I don't think Martyn ever turned up p1ssed  :P
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #13

Fair Point DJ...the latter Mick didnt mind a drink or a bet.......my memories of McGaune as a Carlton player were taking that ill-fated kick
 and watching the ball roll of the end of his boot for a metre or two...

Reply #14

Fair Point DJ...the latter Mick didnt mind a drink or a bet.......my memories of McGaune as a Carlton player were taking that ill-fated kick
 and watching the ball roll of the end of his boot for a metre or two...
All in M&M Blue from memory??? Could have my wires crossed though ;)