Skip to main content
Topic: Justin Madden - players must take the heat.  (Read 8890 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Justin Madden - players must take the heat.

Reply #1
Fork off back to politics Madden. Your sht talking will serve you better there!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
If he wants to get involved let him have a run at the board.
Then he can have an influence on those decisions ;)

Reply #3
But of a weird angle from Justin. Keep Mick cause losing builds character LOL

Reply #5
I'm disappointed we don't see more spirit from our guys.

I have played for a few different coaches but I hated losing and letting my teamates down more than any coach.

I did go MIA once or twice but I think that had more to do with me than the coach.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/time-for-blues-players-to-take-the-heat-justin-madden-20150518-gh4em8.html
Well Justin does have a point. There is plenty of blame to go around: Malthouse is willing enough to accept his share, the players need to accept their share too. The recruiters and whatnots are not around any longer to accept their share of our failings and the AFL would never admit to their share even under torture or death. Malthouse has had his time, now the players have to stand up and take a little responsibility.
We deserve to be favourites for the spoon: we have played some of the most inept football even seen by guys wearing our colours. We won't lose our favourite tag until we start to win a few games, and that is looking quite unlikely at the moment.
One thing that Justin and the other heroes of 1995 can do is to get around the club and help out. Whether on the board or with the kids on the field, we have a wealth of experience to share in a meeting of these guys. We also have the effect of Parkin's experiment with player - based control. If Mick turned over some of his control to the players, then maybe we'll see some improvement (maybe not as well: we don't have the list of leaders we had back than). There are lessons to be learnt by a LOT of people around our club.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
Malthouse is willing enough to accept his share

Is he? People I know have started calling him Mick NotMy-FaultHouse and they're not even Carlton supporters  :-[

Reply #8
Is he? People I know have started calling him Mick NotMy-FaultHouse and they're not even Carlton supporters  :-[
I should hope so! These performances did not grow on trees and the coach is the one ultimately responsible. Not that he hasn't had help (and plenty of it), but he has to admit that his game plans and structures are not working at the moment. That is his bailiwick.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
He stated as much post match vs Collingwood I think.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #10
If he wants to get involved let him have a run at the board.
Then he can have an influence on those decisions ;)

I agree with Harry's comments

and i agree with this. Get Harry on the board, hell, make him president! He'd be a great figurehead of the club who certainly has the both the football nous and the political nous.

Vote 1 - Harry for Pres!

Reply #11
I agree with Harry's comments

and i agree with this. Get Harry on the board, hell, make him president! He'd be a great figurehead of the club who certainly has the both the football nous and the political nous.

Vote 1 - Harry for Pres!
I am not sure he would be a great president yet, but he does know to how manipulate things to get his way. If he wanted to go on the board I'd vote for him in a microsecond.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
I am not sure he would be a great president yet, but he does know to how manipulate things to get his way. If he wanted to go on the board I'd vote for him in a microsecond.

Good football background, has a political side and no doubt some good contacts through his time as a minister.
I suspect he'd be "different"...and at the moment that's a positive.

But he's got to want it...... and we need more than one. ;)

Reply #13
I thought Justin spoke the truth.  When a team is struggling, all in the club have to bind together. David Parkin said something similar.

Our list has a lot of class, there is just a lack of confidence.  Mick's time might be up at the end of the year because we need to have a three+ year plan to be competitive.

I would hope that we keep the stars we have. We only need a couple of guys to lift, to click and we could threaten the big guys.

The readiness to shoot the coach is destructive- and I tell you something, I am not much interested in Jack Elliots view.  I think we are still recovering from his decision to sack Wayne Britain

Reply #14
I thought Justin spoke the truth.  When a team is struggling, all in the club have to bind together. David Parkin said something similar.

The old way to do that is to go out to the pub and get smashed together.
Wonder if they attempt something similar.

The Carey Kangas used to do it almost weekly and it showed the way they played for eachother. Perhaps the got a little too close with the whole wife swap thing. ;) But i'd take that if it got you a couple of flags.