Skip to main content
Topic: Hawthorn v Carlton -Post Match thread (Read 26998 times) previous topic - next topic

Hawthorn v Carlton -Post Match thread

The Spoon. Oh noes. Makes for a good story i guess. 2018 "Carlton won the spoon only 3 years ago, now look at them, Premiers!"

Hawthorn v Carlton -Post Match thread

Reply #1
Game Over
Season Over (thank heavens for that) :(
Pick one locked away :D
All up from here ;)

Re: post match

Reply #2
This and player development are our two greatest failings for more than a decade, and player development has gone backwards in the last few years.

Our recruiting has killed us, only Melbourne has a record anywhere near as bad.
The only semi regular senior players taken outside the first round and still on our list in the last 10 years are Rowe, Armfield and Graham, and none of them are what you'd call stars.
Add in our first round flops like Watson, Bootsma, Lucas and Menzel the way he's travelling plus trading 22 for Warnock and it's a tale of woe.
A dart board would have been more productive than our talent spotters.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

pM

Reply #3
Watson's played pretty well for 2 1/2 of his 3 games since returning (no forward would've got a touch during the 2nd half against GWS). Add that to his 4 goals last game last year and, while nothing great, showing he belongs at least since being moved up forward. He got his chance and took it.

pmme thread

Reply #4
Watson's played pretty well for 2 1/2 of his 3 games since returning (no forward would've got a touch during the 2nd half against GWS). Add that to his 4 goals last game last year and, while nothing great, showing he belongs at least since being moved up forward. He got his chance and took it.

Agree. Watson haters lookout. Has absolutely zero confidence out there, a product of the Malthouse reign. Give him a crack under Bolts.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Re: pM

Reply #5

This was his 5th year on the list, if that's the best he's got by now I wouldn't be pinning our hopes on him dragging us off the bottom.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Re: Hawthorn v Carlton -Post Match thread

Reply #6
Its strange but this spoon actually fills me with renewed (or completely delusional) hope. With the year that was, at least now we know how crape we are, and not to be too hackneyed, the only way is up....
By the way I am listening to Joy Division/New Order at the moment, who knows where this could go..... 
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #10
Carlton is the new st kilda. ...

Reply #11
The CD is called "Total", best compilation I have ever heard, Ceremony, Temptation, Blue Monday... saw them at Festival Hall circa 1990, best most frantic concert of all time
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #12
"Winning" the wooden spoon makes things interesting on draft day.

Unless they get a priority, doubtful, I wouldn't take Schacse. He's desperate to go to Brissy coz his old man played there, and if he was any good we'd be lucky to hold on to him after his initial contract.

Weiterling seems the better bet.

however, we haven't got the greatest trade or draft selection record, so who knows what those genii will do.

Reply #14
The CD is called "Total", best compilation I have ever heard, Ceremony, Temptation, Blue Monday... saw them at Festival Hall circa 1990, best most frantic concert of all time
Saw them in 87 at Festival Hall. Was really disappointed, they played for less than an hour and yet they played all night at the Corner Hotel the night before...anyway, life goes on 8)