Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 5: Post Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 46416 times) previous topic - next topic

2017 Round 5: Post Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

And the winner is:
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2017 Round 5: Post Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #1
And the winner is:
Syd-a-ney
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
game over.

About 2 hours too late!

Reply #4
Pack us up and re wrap us a FITZROY.
We are playing just as good as them and may as well deserve the indignity given to them. 
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #5
Even money Ch.7 are lobbying hard to remove us from the remainder of this seasons FTA coverage, Flubbo will be writing the TV channel needs CheatsFC in our place!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
That 3rd quarter reminded me of the Denis Pagan days.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #7
Kick/mark, kick/mark. kick/mark and move it ooohhhhhhh so slowly. Never known a side to get the ball into the F50 so slowly.

Reply #8
We are a professional, proud club. How have we farked it up so badly for so long.
Yeah rebuild, but be competitive for farks sake.
I was going to take the lad to the game tonight but I was sick of taking him to games where we get pelted.
We don't play here often, but when we do, we usually play like we are tonight.
Completely uninterested. >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #9
Our worst game by a considerable margin. We fumbled. We could not sustain pressure. We made some terrible skill errors. We were murdered in the ruck. We missed goals I could have kicked.
I wouldn't want to be frustrated.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
Next thing people will be claiming it would have been worse with Kerridge, Palmer, Daisy and Jones.

I doubt it!

But give the people what they want, their sacrifice!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
Kick/mark, kick/mark. kick/mark and move it ooohhhhhhh so slowly. Never known a side to get the ball into the F50 so slowly.

We need to be a lot more skilful with our ball movement, and have a lot more players who are very good contested marks, to get away with that style of play. Certain teams with the right players can overcome the flood - we are not that team. 

Reply #13
That 3rd quarter reminded me of the Denis Pagan days.
Indeed. It was insipid. There wasn't much spirit on display. It all started from the middle, just like in the Pagan days. Ryder had a picnic against Phillips, who simply didn't look up to it after half time.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #14
Well that was about as much fun as shaving with a rusty steak knife and swimming in vinegar. But I guess that's what happens when too many kids line up with senior players that aren't playing well or working hard enough.

Everything was off tonight - didn't work anywhere near hard enough both when we had the ball and in defence, poor disposal (really, really poor disposal) and we played like it was wet by just kicking long as soon as we got our hands on the ball.

We all knew there would be weeks like this. And chances are this won't be the only time we get smashed this year.