Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 17: pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 21057 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 17: pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

The Dogs were terrible against Adelaide and appear lacking in a lot of areas.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 17: pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #1
It's getting to the point now where we are nearly over due for a win!

Surely we can pull one off this week!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #2
If we go in hungry we will win this game, but I can see that the wheels are starting to fall off fitness wise and we are starting to have our run with injury now, so we will likely lose a few more than we will win from here.

Thats ok, so long as they are like Sunday we will be ok.

Obviously Cripps and White will be outs.

Crash on last week who can you see coming in?

I haven't seen much but ive heard Boekhorst was good, but cant see him coming in to replace the aforementioned.  i would have thought one of Palmer, Graham or Smedts for Cripps, and Byrne or Acos if ready for White.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3
If we go in hungry we will win this game, but I can see that the wheels are starting to fall off fitness wise and we are starting to have our run with injury now, so we will likely lose a few more than we will win from here.

Thats ok, so long as they are like Sunday we will be ok.

Obviously Cripps and White will be outs.

Crash on last week who can you see coming in?

I haven't seen much but ive heard Boekhorst was good, but cant see him coming in to replace the aforementioned.  i would have thought one of Palmer, Graham or Smedts for Cripps, and Byrne or Acos if ready for White.
That is a VERY good question. Cripps and White are certain to miss, so we need a mid and a defender. However, the Dogs do NOT have a large number of tall forwards. It makes the matchups interesting.
Graham was incredibly unlucky to miss out last weekend. He is a cert to come in as his senior form is about as good as it gets from him.
Byrne looks to be a decent chance, although he isn't back to his barnstorming best yet. He was noticeable on the weekend.
They would be the higher probability entries at the moment.

Behind them would be Boekhorst and Alex Silvagni. Boekhorst has played about as well as he can play over the last 2 weeks and can't do much more to press for inclusion. However, he has never been able to transfer that form to the seniors. Silvagni has missed quite a while and I thought would probably come back via the VFL. However, his inclusion would add some stability and experience to our taller defenders, even though Jones has done the job so far.
Smedts was good and is in the queue, but is not as well favoured as some others.
A possibility is playing Harry McKay, as the Dogs do not have a plethora of taller defenders. I don't think I would do it: Harry's form last week was ordinary and his kicking is just not reliable enough yet.

I can't see too many others in the mix to be honest. I am sure that Williamson will come back via the VFL. Sumner didn't do enough, nor did Pickett.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Smedts and Boekhorst both burnt the footy at VFL level, they made Kerridge look efficient!

If fit I think Byrne is a certainty, the others I'm not sure about!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
ACoS certain t o come back. We miss his hard at it, mongrel..... good fit for Stringer?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
Byrne will be in and probably would have replaced White in any case, either Graham or Smedts for Cripps and it won't make much difference which.
Jones will get Stringer you would think, Weitering for Redpath and that's about it for Footscray's tall forwards.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #7
Byrne will be in and probably would have replaced White in any case, either Graham or Smedts for Cripps and it won't make much difference which.
Jones will get Stringer you would think, Weitering for Redpath and that's about it for Footscray's tall forwards.

Cloke will probably play
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #8
I suspect if ACoS is back(Replacing White) we'll see Doc in the midfield rotations, and Byrne coming on for Doc of the HBF.

Byrne is also midfield capable, as is Sheehan.

We'll need some numbers to run through the midfield in Cripps absence.

The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
Cloke will probably play

Cripps definitely won't, it's just been reported that he's broken his leg and is done for the season.
One door closes and another opens as they say, time for the kids to stand up.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #10
We dont have a player to replace Cripps..I'd expect us to drop away in clearances and really struggle.
Great opportunity for some players to stand up and save their careers....

Reply #11
We dont have a player to replace Cripps..I'd expect us to drop away in clearances and really struggle.

Despite leaving the ground with over a half to play, Cripps was still our leading clearance player yesterday.

Reply #12

ACOS comes in and goes back, Jones to the midfield to replace Crippa with his new found love and aggression of the game! :)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #13
You'd have to think that one of (or both) Graham and Palmer would come in for Cripps. Mature body to play midfield.

I'd even go as far to say Smedts is a small chance as he's good size and i liked a few things he did in the 2's.

Why not all 3?

OUT: White, Cripps, Lamb, Sheehan
IN: Silvagni, Graham, Smedts, Palmer

You are not going to replace Cripps with one player, so try 3.

Reply #14
Tough on Lamb who was very serviceable in his first game back?
Finals, then 4 in a row!