Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 - What do you expect from the club? (Read 45387 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 - What do you expect from the club?

Reply #90
One thing I am is a maths geek...you were being cute with the numbers. And at no stage did I say these young blokes would do the majority of the heavy lifting in 2018.

Now   2018   2019
Kennedy   19   41   63
Lang           44   66   88
Marchy   23   45   67
Plowman   60   82   104
SoJ           28   50   72
SPS           20   42   64
Fisher   15   37   59
Willo       15   37   59
Macreadie   8   30   52
Curnow   27   49   71
Weitering   42   64   86
Cuners   11   33   55
Pickett   10   32   54

Being cute with the numbers?

Please tell me where i was being cute with the numbers.
I also made a table...
Plowman   (60)  (82)
Lang   (44)  (66)
Weitering   (42)  (64)
Jack   (28)  (50)
Curnowfides   (27)  (49)
Marchbank   (23)  (45)
Kennedy   (19)  (41)
SPS   (20)  (42)
Fisher   (17)  (39)
Williamson   (15)  (37)
Cunnington   (11)  (33)
Pickett   (10)  (32)
Macreadie   (8)  (30)
Harry   (2)  (24)
#3   (0)  (22)
#10   (0)  (22)

I made it easier for you to see that there was nothing 'cute' about the numbers, they are the numbers.
I stand by my comments.

You didn't say they would be doing the heavy lifting, but you did say they hold the key to our immediate future. If they are to get anywhere near the amount of games you sugggest they do, then they need to be playing each week. If they are playing each week then there is only spots for 6 other players in the 22. So, considering the make up 72% of the team, i'd say they are doing the heavy lifting.

Now, IF they are not going to play all 22 games, or anywhere near it, then that backs up my original argument further....you are ahead of yourself in terms of where they are in terms of expected output of 50-70 game players.

So, for a maths geek, you seem to be missing something pretty obvious as the numbers and your take on them, don't stack up for 2018. 2019, perhaps.

Reply #91
What I expect next year is that we win a few more games than last year. I think losing Gibbs will cost us more as the year goes on. I am hoping we are more attacking and I hope we do better next year against the lower sides than we did this year, we only one of five contest.

Reply #92
You didn't say they would be doing the heavy lifting, but you did say they hold the key to our immediate future.

Don't be a dill, it's not about the exact number of games each has played. 49 is 50 in my book...

And of course these blokes will determine our immediate future - we know what Murphy, Special K, even the Bolt will bring.

But if Charlie has a Kouta like break out year, or Kennedy or SPS (or both) have bolters, ditto Pickett, or Harry Mc become a regular and kicks 25 for the year (ditto Lang) then we will win a lot more games.

If they don't, we won't. Capiche?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #93
I watched a replay of the Hawthorn game last night.  Pickett could be a real weapon.  His 3rd & 4th quarters were something to behold for a bloke with 10 games under his belt.  He could be absolutely anything (maybe a flash in the pan, but I'm hoping he could be the most dangerous player on our list).  He can tackle, mark, sell candy in heavy traffic, is lightning quick, and is a pretty good kick.  He has the tools, I just hope he has the attitude and guidance to make the most of it.

I expect the club to give SOS a knighthood for getting him so cheap.  Just a reminder the Tuohy deal got us both Marchbank and Pickett.

Reply #94
I watched a replay of the Hawthorn game last night.  Pickett could be a real weapon.  His 3rd & 4th quarters were something to behold for a bloke with 10 games under his belt.  He could be absolutely anything (maybe a flash in the pan, but I'm hoping he could be the most dangerous player on our list).  He can tackle, mark, sell candy in heavy traffic, is lightning quick, and is a pretty good kick.  He has the tools, I just hope he has the attitude and guidance to make the most of it.

I expect the club to give SOS a knighthood for getting him so cheap.  Just a reminder the Tuohy deal got us both Marchbank and Pickett.

He was taken at 4 in his draft for a reason. My understanding is he just lost his way at GWS amongst all that talent etc and lost confidence etc, then a few injuries....

His upside is bigger than most. Hope he gets time in the midfield too.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #95
He was taken at 4 in his draft for a reason. My understanding is he just lost his way at GWS amongst all that talent etc and lost confidence etc, then a few injuries....

His upside is bigger than most. Hope he gets time in the midfield too.

Pickett has shown he can take the next step and be a real weapon...tackling is great, and can kick more goals if he can steady up a bit more.
2018 has to be his year though where he cements a spot or he will be in that bracket of players that will be fighting for their futures.....

Reply #96
Over recently passed times we have squandered a lot of talent and I won't depress myself again by going through the list. I truly now believe that we have moved on and the focus we are showing on development coupled with BB's approach and philosophies will ensure that players with talent won't be neglected. With this in mind, Pickett has an excellent prospect of becoming a top performer imo - he'll be receiving very personalised attention now.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #97
Pickett has shown he can take the next step and be a real weapon...tackling is great, and can kick more goals if he can steady up a bit more.
2018 has to be his year though where he cements a spot or he will be in that bracket of players that will be fighting for their futures.....

Yes, plain and simple.

We cannot afford more list cloggers like Yarran, players of great potential in which we invested so much resource for so very little return!

I'd be making calls earlier rather than later on these players, two to three seasons is more than enough!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #98
I see Dylan's Dad - Jim - has come and out say another Club should pick up Dylan.

Well Jim, truth be told, if he couldn't crack a game at CFC not sure who else would look.

Always thought Dylan might become that line breaker/long goal kicker that he did hint at....but I guess the powers that be knows best....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #99
Don't be a dill, it's not about the exact number of games each has played. 49 is 50 in my book...
49 is 50?
If you say so.

Most will be in the 50-70 game bracket come the end of next season.
Most? Even with including your dodgy (Jack might reach 49 games if he plays every game) one, you are left with 5/16.

One thing I am is a maths geek

:-[

Must be using imaginary numbers then.

Reply #100
I see Dylan's Dad - Jim - has come and out say another Club should pick up Dylan.

Well Jim, truth be told, if he couldn't crack a game at CFC not sure who else would look.

Always thought Dylan might become that line breaker/long goal kicker that he did hint at....but I guess the powers that be knows best....

Dylan is a nice kid but just couldnt develop his body any bigger and his decision making/skills didnt make up for his lack of strength.
Had trouble tackling the modern day player and was a liability under pressure IMO..
Dont see any club taking him other than a state league team....

Reply #101
Improving ball movement to forward 50

Reply #103
Yep, let SPS, Cunningham, Pickett, Fisher etc off the chain!!!

You'd expect that is the plan given the recruitment of the Mullett.

The key is to limit the number of cheap turnovers - that's what kills any team...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #104
Interesting to see that some of the media's AFL experts are claiming the key to a CheatsFC 2018 resurgence will be defense over attack.

We spent a lot of time debating the merits of BB's defense first game plan, the same scribes that are calling for CheatSFC to change focus lambasted Carlton for having a game plan that lacked an avenue to goal.

It seems no matter what you do, you will be judged by the media experts to be exactly wrong!
The Force Awakens!