Skip to main content
Topic: Dual citizens in Parliament (Read 6992 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Dual citizens in Parliament

Reply #30
Annoying she is....When I see her and Pauline trading verbal blows I fear for the future of the country....

I'd back Sarah if it came to actual blows  ;)

Not that I'm condoning violence but, when our politicians slag off at each other, I'm reminded of "Two Tribes" by Frankie goes to Hollywood.  I'd prefer to see heads of government slugging it out in preference to sending their young men (and some women) to war.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #31
Annoying she is....When I see her and Pauline trading verbal blows I fear for the future of the country....

Hmmm. I know you are not a fan of the Greens EB, but when you stand Sarah next to someone like Peter Dutton, well, I honestly fear for this country if people genuinely cannot see the damage far right conservatives do to do this country and it’s international reputation when compared to the greens. To call him repugnant is to hold back in my dissapointment. Utterly vile human being. Abbott, Andrews, Abetz, Morrison..nasty, self righteous, vindictive men. So yes, there are politicians far worse than Hansen-Young.

I was sad to see Jackie Lambie go. Rough diamond? Definitely. Genuine, ex military, battler raising kids on welfare. Family drug issues? None of which you would ever wish on anyone and yet would certainly never hear associated with the Liberals. Too busy hitching tax payer funded helicopter rides to visit their friends. Say what you want about her, she has courage and conviction and did’nt take crap from anyone. I admire that.

Liberals have given us a show over the last couple of terms. Very little of it good, if you listen to people not on their pay roll. There will be an early election. Count on it. Turnbull will blink, feeling itchy shoulder blades. Labour will annihilate them in an election, even with the fear mongering by the LNP. You can read them like a book. I’m sure there will be some terrorist concerns to distract people. Malcolm will be wearing his pristine leather bomber jacket and standing next to intimidating police/army types who actually do this stuff for a living. Quite sad really. Awesome country being ruined by people who want to divide citizens and who are hellbent on keeping to message and control the media coverage. I can understand why some people don’t watch the news.

Politicians don’t have a lot of time left in their diaries after focusing on their top two priorities. Being voted in and staying there. Make it 4 year terms so they actually have to focus on working with the opposition for the good of the country and put them all on minimum wage for a conpulsory 6 months. I’m sure they’ll “see the light” and grow some empathy to the battlers of this country. Not many politicians who I have time for. Lambie was at least genuine. One of the perks of being an independent, you sing from your hymn sheet.
Keep the Faith

Reply #32
Please. I used to enjoy this site, can we please ban ill-informed political grandstanding

Reply #33
Hmmm. I know you are not a fan of the Greens EB, but when you stand Sarah next to someone like Peter Dutton, well, I honestly fear for this country if people genuinely cannot see the damage far right conservatives do to do this country and it’s international reputation when compared to the greens. To call him repugnant is to hold back in my dissapointment. Utterly vile human being. Abbott, Andrews, Abetz, Morrison..nasty, self righteous, vindictive men. So yes, there are politicians far worse than Hansen-Young.

I was sad to see Jackie Lambie go. Rough diamond? Definitely. Genuine, ex military, battler raising kids on welfare. Family drug issues? None of which you would ever wish on anyone and yet would certainly never hear associated with the Liberals. Too busy hitching tax payer funded helicopter rides to visit their friends. Say what you want about her, she has courage and conviction and did’nt take crap from anyone. I admire that.

Liberals have given us a show over the last couple of terms. Very little of it good, if you listen to people not on their pay roll. There will be an early election. Count on it. Turnbull will blink, feeling itchy shoulder blades. Labour will annihilate them in an election, even with the fear mongering by the LNP. You can read them like a book. I’m sure there will be some terrorist concerns to distract people. Malcolm will be wearing his pristine leather bomber jacket and standing next to intimidating police/army types who actually do this stuff for a living. Quite sad really. Awesome country being ruined by people who want to divide citizens and who are hellbent on keeping to message and control the media coverage. I can understand why some people don’t watch the news.

Politicians don’t have a lot of time left in their diaries after focusing on their top two priorities. Being voted in and staying there. Make it 4 year terms so they actually have to focus on working with the opposition for the good of the country and put them all on minimum wage for a conpulsory 6 months. I’m sure they’ll “see the light” and grow some empathy to the battlers of this country. Not many politicians who I have time for. Lambie was at least genuine. One of the perks of being an independent, you sing from your hymn sheet.

Yep, it will be a landslide.

That doesn't make Labor any better.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #34
Please. I used to enjoy this site, can we please ban ill-informed political grandstanding
Hmmm ... if only there was some way to warn you that this is a political and non-footy thread so you could have simply avoided opening it up ...

Reply #35

True Woody, I am not a fan of the Greens   ...agree on Jackie Lambie though, something likeable about her genuine streetwise approach to being a politician and she has had her struggles but
I admire how she battles on and learns the craft of being a polly on the job..hope to see her back in Parliment.
Tony Abbott......dont like him or his politics...but thats for another day...