Skip to main content
Topic: Blues v Doggies - R4 (Read 12249 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues v Doggies - R4

Reply #1
Carlton skipper Brianna Davey and Western Bulldogs defender Hannah Scott, both of whom are openly gay, were on hand to help launch the match.

Davey said it would be exciting to share a such a match with her partner, Blues' midfielder Tilly Lucas-Rodd.

If they weren't before, they are now.

Speaking of Tilly, she didn't play round 1 did she? Injured??

Reply #2
Tilly was ne of the emergencies.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
We go into this one without Tayla Harris and Bri Davey. That is going to take a huge bite of talent out of our capabilities.

It will also be interesting if we can improve in our weak areas in a week. I doubt it, but I look forward to being proved wrong. Next year?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
We go into this one without Tayla Harris and Bri Davey. That is going to take a huge bite of talent out of our capabilities.

It will also be interesting if we can improve in our weak areas in a week. I doubt it, but I look forward to being proved wrong. Next year?

Harris did sfa agaunst the Lions though, granted, given the woeful ball use hard to blame her...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #5
Harris did sfa agaunst the Lions though, granted, given the woeful ball use hard to blame her...

She shouldn't have been reported for that, she pulled the hit and it barely connected. We should appeal this!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #6
She got SFA of the ball, but it wasn't through lack of trying.

She presented and made contests, kicking to her was average.

Its funny, her issue is her kicking, her strength is her marking. Remind you of anyone.

Thing is, if big Levi managed to do the 1%ers like she does, i wouldn't be on his back as much.

As for the report, she should've gone. She tried to hide it by giving her former teammate a pat on the shoulder afterwards, but as a part-time boxer, she knows how to throw her hands, and it was NOT an attempt to hit the ball.

Stupid. 1 week.

Reply #8
We need a like button!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #9
Hmmm, it's OK but I'm not a big fan of changing the jumper.

Not because I don't like the design but because for me the traditional jumper and logo should be sacrosanct. If you get to wear it you should get to wear "it!" It's like getting your "Men in Black" suit, it should be the one and only. When you put that jumper on, you should be nervous about wearing it and living up to the reputation and expectations. You should be putting on a mindset!

Plus I want the opposition to know it, I want that navy blue to be intimidating, awe inspiring, elite. It should be like getting your Baggy Green cap.

I think the club could have done something with the shorts/socks and retained the jumper as is.

Otherwise it's a good job, a blend of old and new.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
Is this Darcy's graphic design work ?

It's not that great IMO. Feels a little crude.

I'm not sure what it's trying to suggest. The rainbow emanates from the CFC logo - are we the originators of gay footy ? Is the CFC logo a source of strength for the LGBT community ?

IMO, leave the logo as is, and work on something groovy elsewhere on the jumper, like the indigenous round version.

Reply #11
Hmmm, it's OK but I'm not a big fan of changing the jumper.

Not because I don't like the design but because for me the traditional jumper and logo should be sacrosanct. If you get to wear it you should get to wear "it!" It's like getting your "Men in Black" suit, it should be the one and only. When you put that jumper on, you should be nervous about wearing it and living up to the reputation and expectations. You should be putting on a mindset!

Plus I want the opposition to know it, I want that navy blue to be intimidating, awe inspiring, elite. It should be like getting your Baggy Green cap.

I think the club could have done something with the shorts/socks and retained the jumper as is.

Otherwise it's a good job, a blend of old and new.
x100
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #12
Gee, we need the real stuff to start.

Who cares!!! (about the jumper)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #13
Who cares about people saying who cares in relation to the AFLW.

Reply #14
you love to butt heads Kruddler....  ::) ::)
Finals, then 4 in a row!