Skip to main content
Topic: Which of our new players should play in the NAB Challenge? (Read 14468 times) previous topic - next topic

Which of our new players should play in the NAB Challenge?

With a few new chums on the list, and the structure of the competition, I can see quite a few youngsters getting a game. But who deserves it?

[1] Dale Thomas: a certainty to play at least 1 game, even if he starts on the bench. Needs the run.
[2] Sam Docherty: as a guy with some senior experience, I'd expect him to be pushing for a game.
[3] Andrejs Everitt: a certainty. He needs to start jelling with his team mates on the field.
[4] Cameron Wood: this will give me nightmares, but I am sure he will get game time.
[5] Patrick Cripps: would not mind seeing the future running around and getting some handballs.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Which of our new players should play in the NAB Challenge?

Reply #1
With a few new chums on the list, and the structure of the competition, I can see quite a few youngsters getting a game. But who deserves it?

[1] Dale Thomas: a certainty to play at least 1 game, even if he starts on the bench. Needs the run.
[2] Sam Docherty: as a guy with some senior experience, I'd expect him to be pushing for a game.
[3] Andrejs Everitt: a certainty. He needs to start jelling with his team mates on the field.
[4] Cameron Wood: this will give me nightmares, but I am sure he will get game time.
[5] Patrick Cripps: would not mind seeing the future running around and getting some handballs.

Thomas and Everitt to play rnd1 and with Judd injured I think Cripps will also play.

re: Wood...initially I was not impressed with recruiting Wood but if you look at his form with Willy then you can see he is a bigger unit now and a better player than he was at Collingwood where he spent more time clowning around than playing.....

I think he will get promoted, get game time and has every chance of displacing Warnock if the latter cant offer more than just good tap work...Wood can take a mark, kick goal...yet to be convinced he has the ruck nous required but I think he will get a chance to prove it and the big 206 needs to watch his back as the 204 will be hunting his position in the seniors...

Reply #2
Thomas and Cripps to play R1 and the majority of the season. The others to play bit parts at best, but offer much needed depth and versatility.

Reply #3
Happy for Thomas to get a light run in the second game and play more of the last game before the season start.

Hope he makes it, imagine going in with Thomas down as well!

Reply #4
Cripps, Thomas and Everitt to see plenty of action you would think. Docherty might get more action in the second half of the season, if he can show his worth in the seconds first. Mick didn't pick these players to be non starters this season as we have lacked run in the past. Its all guessing games at the moment.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #5
All of Thomas, Everitt, Dochery and cripps should play in the NAB Callenge along with Nick Graham. Wldnt mind seeing Giles and Holman but may be too soon. Im backing Reynolds to get a gig too. Johnson not far behind. Reckon they are good rookie gets, both slightly different types and reckon Lukey Reynolds may surprise!

Reply #6
All of them !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #8
The'll be contributing, there's a  good mix of talent and experience in that  group.
They should be keen to impress and ready to go , otherwise we've made some poor choices.
Ciao

Reply #9
The'll be contributing, there's a  good mix of talent and experience in that  group.
They should be keen to impress and ready to go , otherwise we've made some poor choices.
Ciao

If Everitt was getting a regular gig with Sydney, he clearly has what it takes..... and some.

Docherty? Early days for the kid but hopefully the next Scoto?

Cripps - big lad, ready to go Round 1 (the tank can be nurtured?)

Thomas - A grade gun - even on an ordinary day - his efforts alone will lift the Gibbs, Murphs, Special K to greater heights imo.

Go Blues!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #10
Everitt hands down, this guy has gears people have not seen yet!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11

I'd be very surprised and a little disappointed if these two aren't automatic starters for us this year.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #12
Thomas and Cripps to play R1 and the majority of the season. The others to play bit parts at best, but offer much needed depth and versatility.
We don't typically get alot from our first drafted kids from the get go. Since Campo drafted 20 yrs ago to the year, apart from Gibbs Murphy and Walker, we have got FA out of them. Now I am talking regular season here obviously. NAB cup? I say play em all FFS.
Menzel 7 games
Bootsma 5 games
Watson 3 games
Lucas 8 games
Yarran 6 games
Kruze 6 games
Gibbs 21 games
Murphy 13 games
Russell 1 games
Walker 15 games
Simpson 3 games
Davies 6 games
Livingston 0 games
Kelly 0 games
Vance (oh dear lord) 0 games
Massie 9 games
Smart 1 game (zero stats, not a single disposal)
Burdon 0 games
Campo 24 and a premiership
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #13
Everitt hands down, this guy has gears people have not seen yet!

Settle ..... !!

Let's hope he is a serviceable player for us first of, not an instant superstar.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #14
The mood of the meeting seems to be that Cripps has gone past Graham, yet Graham looked like he belonged at times last year, ripped them in the twos, and now has a full preseason behind him.  So far, we've seen nothing on Cripps (except U18 video clips) on half a preseason.

I'd be backing Graham at the moment for the first half of the year at least unless Cripps does the remarkable in his NAB appearances.