Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 28099 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 15: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Collingwood

Next Saturday night. The Meat Pies are playing well. We are not, somewhat off the boil in the last few weeks. It will be interesting to see if we can rise to the occasion.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 15: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #1
Next Saturday night. The Meat Pies are playing well. We are not, somewhat off the boil in the last few weeks. It will be interesting to see if we can rise to the occasion.

Actually, the Pies are playing as crap as we are. Don't worry about last night. It's indescribable to tell you how bad the Dockers players, and Collingwood for that matter. The game was a sight to behold in reverse.

If we played like we did today against GWS, as average as it was, we'd still would've won by more than Collingwood did. They couldn't even score a goal in the 3rd qtr against the awful Dockers.

Reply #2
Actually, the Pies are playing as crap as we are. Don't worry about last night. It's indescribable to tell you how bad the Dockers players, and Collingwood for that matter. The game was a sight to behold in reverse.

If we played like we did today against GWS, as average as it was, we'd still would've won by more than Collingwood did. They couldn't even score a goal in the 3rd qtr against the awful Dockers.

Dockers were terrible, wasnt that impressed with Collingwood and this is a very winnable game...

Reply #3
I would like to see some changes

In Buckley Graham DVR
Out Tutt Lamb Sumner

Reply #4
I think the Collingwood people voted with their feet last night: their lowest crowd at the MCG for a LONG time. I didn't see much of the game, but that looks to be a good thing. It was not a high standard contest.
At the moment what worries me is our centre square work: that has not been great. Brodie Grundy normally plays well against us, the exception being earlier this year when Kreuzer really got on top of him. Phillips is on the way back, but is still a work in progress. Then our mids have not been able to show the same result as they did early in the year: we haven't got a lot from our centre clearances since Murphy got injured.
The rest of our line-up is serviceable enough and has been more reliable than Collingwood's. But we really need to find something in the middle. If we can't then we will be flogged.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Surely the MC will bring some pace into this game. Buckley needs to get a gig and DVR should get his chance.

Wont get them at a better time with both Fasolo and Elliott out. Should win if we play near our best.

Be great to knock them over twice in the one year - bloody long time since that has happened.

Imagine Eddie if we get them again - He nearly resigned when we beat them early in the year!

Reply #6
I would like to see some changes

In Buckley Graham DVR
Out Tutt Lamb Sumner
Really?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7
My personal opinion is if Lamb and Sumner play in VFL their output wouldnt be more than DVR and Graham.. acttually Sumners output would not come close to Graham he is not productive enough. DVR has some weapons and need to bed youngsters in AFL when they reach 20-21

Reply #8
Dockers were terrible, wasnt that impressed with Collingwood and this is a very winnable game...

I'd agree but the conditions were pretty crap, and with a dud crowd it can impact on the way the game is perceived and played so I have to reserve judgment.

But no doubt this is very winnable, the only compulsory change I'd make is Tutt out, DVR or Buckley in, however if there was a Rookie upgrade spot available I'd give Gowers a run. Tutt is a real momentum killer, opposition clubs know they can get him spooked, he had opportunity to clean up GWS players twice Saturday night and short stepped both times. That is not AFL football!

In the ruck it's problematic, if Phillips had played well then Kreuzer would be up for a rest and I'd bring Jones in to let Phillips ruck solo. Jones might not be racking up the numbers but he is offering a physical presence that Kreuzer, Phillips and Gorringe don't. I am sure Kreuzer is carrying an injury, he just isn't the same with his attack on the ball carrier that he would normally be.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
I think we can easily go with;

D50
Simpson - Plowman - Docherty
Tuohy - Rowe - Weitering

Mids
Everitt - Cripps - Byrne

F50
Wright - Jones - Walker
Lamb - Casboult - Sumner

On-Ball
Phillips - Gibbs - Curnow

Bench
Kerridge(Utility) - White(Swingman) - Thomas(Utility) - Buckley or DVR(Runners)

Kreuzer(Out) - Tutt(Out)
Jones(In) - Buckley or DVR(In)

I'd be lining Byrne up on Sidebottom, but I suspect Curnow will get the job.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
Is Jack Silvagni out of the running though injury?

Reply #11
My personal opinion is if Lamb and Sumner play in VFL their output wouldnt be more than DVR and Graham.. acttually Sumners output would not come close to Graham he is not productive enough. DVR has some weapons and need to bed youngsters in AFL when they reach 20-21
Agree Re DVR, dont entirely agree with Lamb and Sumner as they have been ok for us thus far. Graham has been tried and isn't good enough, especially with BBs game plan, is a top up player at best. Wouldn't be surprised if he is delisted when his current contract is up.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #12
People forget that, although we won some games, the primary objectives for this year is setting standards and player/list development.

We won't be giving guys games JUST because they are young or get a few kicks in the magoos.

Sustained adherence to the tasks set to the players is what matters. People whingeing at the MC for picking Tutt, White, Walker etc need to be directing their disappointment at DVR, Jaksch, Foster, Gowers, Buckley etc for not performing well enough to warrant a call up.

Gorringe only got selected because we had nobody else to ruck.

You should all get used to this because this is what it takes to set standards!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #13
People forget that, although we won some games, the primary objectives for this year is setting standards and player/list development.

We won't be giving guys games JUST because they are young or get a few kicks in the magoos.

Sustained adherence to the tasks set to the players is what matters. People whingeing at the MC for picking Tutt, White, Walker etc need to be directing their disappointment at DVR, Jaksch, Foster, Gowers, Buckley etc for not performing well enough to warrant a call up.

Gorringe only got selected because we had nobody else to ruck.

You should all get used to this because this is what it takes to set standards!
Couldnt agree more.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #14
Is Jack Silvagni out of the running though injury?

Out of the running through not being able to run enough perhaps?

He certainly has the ability but I'm not sure that he has the tank or the four quarter effort yet.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball