Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 17: Pre Game Pessimism: Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 22870 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 17: Pre Game Pessimism: Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #15
Who is our midfield and stoppage coach?
Clarke Midfield, Amos Stoppages
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
Amos did well last night...Saints would have scored 4-5 easy goals from stoppages around goal.......

On radio post match they said that was 4 or 5 times the AFL average!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
On radio post match they said that was 4 or 5 times the AFL average!

We are setting all sorts of new records this season....... :P :-X :(

Reply #19
We are setting all sorts of new records this season....... :P :-X :(

We have to laugh, or we'll cry! ;D

We've, that is the executive and MC, have done this to our club deliberately!

Is this our fault, or are we victims of the system?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
Not all players recover from knee injuries, regardless of the type of player they are.

True enough, but I’d rather spring/leap players like Charlie keep their knees intact for as long as possible.
As good as the surgeons are nowadays they’re doing a repair...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #21
True enough, but I’d rather spring/leap players like Charlie keep their knees intact for as long as possible.
As good as the surgeons are nowadays they’re doing a repair...

I'm not disagreeing with you. Just suggested we are equally at fault for risking Cripps in the same role.

Reply #22
They will probably be without McEvoy again so it will be the battle of 2 B graders.

Reply #23
I may leave the country for a few days!

Scores and even games can be streamed on many international flights these days, so choose carefully!

Imagine being trapped in a flying can watching that for hours on end, it'd be like living a real life version of A Clockwork Orange!

Perhaps we should have taken a leaf out of the Crows pre-season, a replayed our Lions game highlights over and over all that way back on the flight from Brissie. Perhaps we did! :o It could explain Kreuzer, it would fork up even the strongest human!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
I'm not disagreeing with you. Just suggested we are equally at fault for risking Cripps in the same role.

Ditto here, Jones/Rowe would be the preference for me.
I can see what rucking Cripps and Charlie could do for the midfield, ie getting more pace in there for a start.

I wonder if they’ve actually had the conversation with Jones about where HE wants to play ?
I’m sure he’ll play wherever he’s wanted, but maybe he could be a competitor in the ruck and really contribute around the ground ? That might also allow Weitering to settle...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #25
We can't play Pickett and Polson this week and retain any credibility.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #26
We can't play Pickett and Polson this week and retain any credibility.

At least 2 changes with Kruezer and Lamb, throw in  Polson then we have to find 3 replacements!!  Lobbe, Byrne and raffle the third place.

Reply #27
At least 2 changes with Kruezer and Lamb, throw in  Polson then we have to find 3 replacements!!  Lobbe, Byrne and raffle the third place.

This touches on a point in the other thread, where we simply can't get a consistent starting 18 to save ourselves.

Reply #28
This touches on a point in the other thread, where we simply can't get a consistent starting 18 to save ourselves.

I think Bolts and the match committee conceded weeks ago that the back six (rotating eight)  is nothing like it could or should be (no Docherty, Williamson, Byrne, Marchbank, even ASOS). Rowe has come off a reco (bloody hard for a big guy) and Jones needs to play opponents a certain way. Regularly playing Mullet, Shaw, O’Shea and Daisy (every week) was not part of the game plan! Simmo needs to stay one more year to help Doc direct traffic, next year or get McVeigh in to play across half back.

Reply #29

Pickett was very poor for the second week running and simply doesn't deserve a senior game, Graham will give us more.
If we need to make four changes so be it, Byrne should be a walk up start provided he gets through the VFL unscathed and Weitering might be good to play.
Mullet at a pinch but non contributors need to know that a certain level is required and that it's not negotiable.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.