Skip to main content
Topic: The F Word. (Read 22902 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The F Word.

Reply #46
This thread is about Finals?  Aw, I was getting all worked up ready to spout my disgust for Franchina's performance in the '99GF.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #47
One week at a time.

From what I can gather we go out each week with a plan to play better than last week and to eliminate more errors from our game. That way the boys won't get ahead of themselves. This is the way BB works and I don't think they talk about winning or losing.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48
We seem to learn more from our losses.

Contested ball and clearances were crape against North, as were our forward entries...

Fast Forward vs Geelong...
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #51
You guys...
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #52
I hope the team keeps doing what's it's been doing this season, because it seems to be working.

I'm also going to keep doing what I've been doing , i.e keeping a lid on it, because it seems to be working.

LOL, good call !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #53
Finals would be a Bonus but not going to happen in my opinion. We will still have ups and downs.

No matter what happens from here this season is a Win for me and probably even the equivalent of playing finals. A win like that against Geelong certainly gives me the same satisfaction.

We are the perfect example of how fans can be satisfied with a loss, as long as our players give everything they have got. 100%. The thing I now love about our Club is that it's so obvious that every player is aware that 100% commitment is a non-negotiable. You either give it, or you don't play.

Players like Garlett, Yarran and Menziel wouldn't have bought into that I wouldn't think.
JC

Reply #54
One week at a time.

Exactly. I guess as supporters we can get ahead of ourselves but I pray the players don't. All that matters is Brisbane at ES this Saturday. The end.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #55
Exactly. I guess as supporters we can get ahead of ourselves but I pray the players don't. All that matters is Brisbane at ES this Saturday. The end.

I think that the players are well and truly on message Baggers; this season is about effort and pressure, wins and losses aren't in the KPIs.

However, I reckon we could just about . . .  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #56
I think that BB has had an easier time changing the culture of the playing group than anyone would have changing the culture of this forum.

For instance when I read in the post game thread someone congratulating White on his excellent play but then going on to say that we'll be better when he leaves. ::)

Reply #57
I think that BB has had an easier time changing the culture of the playing group than anyone would have changing the culture of this forum.

For instance when I read in the post game thread someone congratulating White on his excellent play but then going on to say that we'll be better when he leaves. ::)

I had a chuckle at that myself  :)

If White can continue to play like he did in the last quarter, he'll be a monty for a new contract. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #58
I think that the players are well and truly on message Baggers; this season is about effort and pressure, wins and losses aren't in the KPIs.

However, I reckon we could just about . . .  ;)

It all depends.

Ive been taught since juniors that the ladder and finals football is the reward for effort at the end of the season, and that includes winning anything.

You don't look at the ladder for anything during the season proper.

It puts additional pressure on the group to win certain matches, and you effectively want to treat every contest the same.  Like it will be your last.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson