Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 11: Pre Game Patter: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 27001 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 11: Pre Game Patter: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #15
Danger game? When was the last time those words were posted here?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #17
Who gets Tom Bell? 2E?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #18
Anyone who watched yesterdays match between the Lions & Hawks saw that the Lions are an under-rated side. They easily matched it for 3/4's but for some unexplainable reason and in complete contrast to what they were doing with monotonous regularity, started to make poor decisions and skills errors in the last and the Hawks capitalised on it.

If they rekindle that same attack & attitude as they had in the first 3/4's against the Hawks next week against us, this one will be no snack at all.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #19
Anyone who watched yesterdays match between the Lions & Hawks saw that the Lions are an under-rated side. They easily matched it for 3/4's but for some unexplainable reason and in complete contrast to what they were doing with monotonous regularity, started to make poor decisions and skills errors in the last and the Hawks capitalised on it.

If they rekindle that same attack & attitude as they had in the first 3/4's against the Hawks next week against us, this one will be no snack at all.

Agree, but I would also add that it's very common for cellar dweller, struggling sides to drop their bundle in the last 1/4. They battle valiantly to get within a goal or so, then once they see their efforts not being enough, they lack the mental resilience and intestinal fortitude to keep going, and just give up. Happens often.

Reply #20

Well we saw off one "Danger" on Sun, let's hope we are prepared or another this Sat!  >:D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #21

It was Tribey who used to spin out whenever someone mentioned 'danger game'.  Haven't seen him around here for a while  ???
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #22

I thought that the Hawks did their best to keep the Lions in the game for the first three quarters.  I wouldn't mind playing Hawthorn in that mindset.

Brisbane aren't easy beats though and we'll have to replicate Sunday's effort if we are going to get a win.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #23
We have to win this one.  Im taking along my grandson who barracks for the "Loyons" and we need a win to assist me in the conversion and indoctrination process!  ;)

Reply #24
Be a tough game as in tough...Robbo and the Lions think we are a bit soft judging by our past games and I expect plenty of hard tackling and Bryce Gibbs to be a target....

Reply #25
Be a tough game as in tough...Robbo and the Lions think we are a bit soft judging by our past games and I expect plenty of hard tackling and Bryce Gibbs to be a target....

You're probably right EB, but if Robbo starts throwing his weight around he would be prudent to expect some to come  his way in return. He's not as tough or as good as he thinks he is IMO and he's definitely not that smart.

Reply #26

I reckon that teams who think we are soft are in for a shock.  As Levi said, teams that underestimate us do so at their peril.

It is a real turnaround and I'd like to know where WADA sits on angry pills.  Or perhaps Bolton has just let the boys of the leash when it comes looking after each other.

Reply #27
We might see Weitering v Schache.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #28
Laj go easy, your obsessed with Casboult rucking.

Why the feck would we play the AFL's current most feared contested mark in a position that puts a bruised tibia at even greater risk?

BTW, Gorringe's mobility looked pretty good today, while his attack at the ball wasn't as good the end result was better than Jones was able to offer. I hope Jones was watching for the next time he gets a crack! I like the current setup, it lets Kreuzer stay around the ball longer and takes some stoppage pressure off Cripps. Kreuzer 11 tackles, and Casboult busting packs, that is what we want to see.

You not watch the Collingwood game when Casboult was back-up to Kreuzer as well as our key forward. He took 11 marks, 7 contested kicked 3 goals and crashed bodies all over the place, while Kreuzer was dominate. Kreuzer goes alot better as our only ruckman with a bit of help, Casboult gets his confidence up when he gets a run on the ball and translate into his work up forward. Something that has been obvious for years and seen again against Collingwood. Kreuzer, irrespective of yesterday, is generally no-where near as good when her shares the ruck duties, and Casboult isn't quite as good as a pure forward. Hence I'd be picking Jacksh this week, whose form in the VFL has been terrific, way better than Gorringe, if Casboult's shin is good for him to ruck. Gorringe would admittedly be unlucky after yesterday but that's not likely to be a permanent thing as he's not that good. The side would be better balanced with a genuine key forward as well as Kreuzer and Casboult rucking. Been our best combination for a number of years. Casboult will crash packs the same way. Irrespective of who is unlucky you pick your best balanced side otherwise you ask to get beaten. Best for both players, best for the side.

If the shin isn't ready to ruck then the status quo remains. Gorringe plays and we carry on like yesterday as we'll need another ruckman. Agree I don't want Casboult rucking if the leg isn't ready.

Reply #29
The 'old' Carlton would be a monty to drop this one.  The new Carlton? I'm not going to mozz us.  :P
Keyboard warrior #24601