Skip to main content
Topic: Round 19 Post Game thread - Blues V Pies (Read 28161 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 19 Post Game thread - Blues V Pies

Another honorable loss.

I'm kind of starting to enjoy these honorable losses. As a supporter, I sort of understand how the players must feel. You get accustomed to it, and it kind of feels normal.

Re: Round 19 Post Game thread - Blues V Pies

Reply #1
Yep can handle an honourable loss , as long as some positives come out of it, and there is spirit. A couple of things from today

Reply #2
it's like the Pig Man principle in Seinfeld. A sure sign that standards are low, but much better than a shellacking.

Reply #3
What a mixed bag.

Our first half was horrible, spiritless.

But after half time, the game, and us, improved.

Likes: Murph, Cripps, Holman (though he did tire), Whiley (made a tangible difference when he came on), Everitt the FF, Kreuzer, Simpson, Buckley (please work on awareness).

So so: White, Curnow, Carrazzo, Bell (could have hurt the opposition so much more with more effective disposals, BB (enough to see he should be a player, with another pre season etc).

Disappointing: Henderson (only looks good in defence), Walker (rusty as blazes), Rowe (really being shown up now), Smith (so green but let's see how he is next year) Casboult...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #4
Yep
re smith
I wouldn't be too critical of him just yet.
He's a young bloke who hasn't quite come to terms with the pace of the game.
He's just a bit rushed with his decision making at the moment and a bit slow to get rid of the ball...and he's also brushed aside a bit easily and some of his tackles aren't quite sticking....but he has a crack.
Give him twelve months and see if he's still the same player.

Reply #5
I only saw the second half but Cas kicked two goals didn't he Baggers? Not a bad return for a poor game.

Patty Cripps is a machine, once he matures and becomes more consistent he will win multiple Brownlows. Just a big moment player.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #6
Cripps' over the head handball in the last is enough to start unzipping flies. The kid is a footballer in a day where athletes are king.

Boeky shows a bit more every game. Pleased with his progress given his size.

Smith is not the smartest footballer going around in terms of where to run and when, but he gives effort and throws his body around more than 99% of the players out there. If only there was more of it, he'd start taking people out ala Robbo.

Whiley played his best (half) game for us. Wasn't too bad considering he was steak knives.

If the above kids can continue to come on, and they get some help from Gibbs/Daisy in 2016, we start getting something to work with long term.

At the other end of the scale...
Walker...he was terrible. Hope it was just nerves/rust because at that standard, he'll be playing at Preston long term.

Bell...he's had a breakout year so far, but today showed why he will always have question marks over him. In the space of, what 5 minutes(?), he kicked 2 out on the full and kneed one through from the goal square. Kick straight and we are 3 goals better off in the first quarter.

Reply #7
Cripps' over the head handball in the last is enough to start unzipping flies. The kid is a footballer in a day where athletes are king.

That was the one. Going to be an absolute ripper. Something to look forward to and finally a player to build around.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #8
About the right result given how the game panned out.
Pendlebury slaughtered us, 14 touches in the first quarter set the tone for the day and after that we just couldn't hold him, it was a bad mistake not giving Carratts first crack at him.
Top game from Simmo, Murphy has become a good leader, Cripps will take over from him when he's done, Kreuzer worked very hard, Bell was back to his earlier form and Everitt was dangerous.
I thought Henderson played well, I don't get people bagging him.
As for the young blokes Buckley just needs to settle and it will come with experience, Whiley showed more than he has until now and Smith has something to work with, I'm still not sold on Boekhurst although he did well to stand under the mark and cop a hit, if two of that four measure up we'll be OK.
Walks is a shadow of his former self, I'm hoping it's down to fitness.
Edit: I should give Walks a break, three times in the first quarter he led well and we kicked it to his boot laces.
Our general skills really are poor, until we weed out the culprits we won't go far.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #9
That was the one. Going to be an absolute ripper. Something to look forward to and finally a player to build around.

If I last long enough to see Cripps' whole career I think I'll go out a happy bloke....and maybe, just maybe, I  wont have already seen my last flag.

He definitely is a player you can build a team around.

Reply #10
Walker is a bit stiff.
He's been crap for years and you blokes expect him too improve first game back?
Sign him up for another 5 years.

Reply #11
Tackles 80-47 in Collingwood's favour.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #12
Patty Cripps.....my man-love grows for you weekly......unthinkable that he won't win the NAB Rising Star Award.

Pies are deadset crap.....seriously deadset ordinary.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #14
Terrible first half (that's all I watched).  Hoping someone can clarify deliberately OOB.  End of second qtr, from a boundary throw in Krooz hit it back over the line, but it bounced.  I thought it had to be back on the full from a throw in to be deliberate.  Earlier C'wood player with close to zero pressure knocked the ball out of bounds (maybe using both fists) it was a throw in.

Maybe this all goes in the who knows basket to annoy fans.

Might watch the second half to see if it was improved effort from us,  decreased effort from them or a better standard.