Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd #2: Northern Blues vs. Port Melbourne at North Port (Read 19664 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd #2: Northern Blues vs. Port Melbourne at North Port

Reply #15
Collingwood have been playing Grundy as basically a lone hand in the ruck. Two ways to look at it, either stretch them with Warnock or not be worried about the ruck as Wood will probably go well enough.

Don't think Robbie will get a game myself.

Reply #16
Collingwood have been playing Grundy as basically a lone hand in the ruck. Two ways to look at it, either stretch them with Warnock or not be worried about the ruck as Wood will probably go well enough.

Don't think Robbie will get a game myself.
Im led to believe Warnock is in hospital tonight. Touched the footy 19 times today and has developed an allergic reaction on his hands to Kangaroo Leather.

Reply #17
Why? To fill the 'useless player' hole that we have in our 22 currently after our win?

How is Casboult playing?  Could Wood do his role better than him?

Graham another who could get a chance.  It depends on how Carrazzo comes back, Buckley another under a cloud and Dick was a non event.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #18

Graham another who could get a chance.  It depends on how Carrazzo comes back, Buckley another under a cloud and Dick was a non event.

Wood had ten clearances.....that was more than Cripps and equal with Murphy, Warnock would be battling to touch the ball ten times in general play
other than with tapouts....
Like to see Graham get a run but he seems on the outer and I would suspect the defensive part of his game isnt up to scratch as he seems to find the ball
a lot in VFL games but is overlooked every week..

Reply #19
Wood had ten clearances.....that was more than Cripps and equal with Murphy, Warnock would be battling to touch the ball ten times in general play

Won't get any argument from me, the taps are for turkeys! ;)

Warnock is the luxury you can have when your other main ruckmen is serious value as a KPF!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
Walsh had 20.

Any reports how he went?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #21
Walsh had 20.

Any reports how he went?

On BF they said he was good but the conditions suited him.

Bog heap apparently .
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #22
On BF they said he was good but the conditions suited him.

Bog heap apparently .

Hope Walsh gets his chance soon. Big bodied unit. We need his type.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #23
Hope Walsh gets his chance soon. Big bodied unit. We need his type.
At 180cm he isn't that big. Looks thickly built but I walked passed him in Brunswick a few months ago, looks a lot smaller close up thats for sure.

Reply #24
PORT MELBOURNE                4.8       8.10     10.12               15. 14. (104)
NORTHERN BLUES                 3.1       5.8       10.10               11. 15. (81)

GOALS
PORT MELBOURNE: Pearson 4, Sandilands 2, Lisle 2, Carter-Taylor 2, Cain, Purcell, Haretuku, Dickson, O’Sullivan
NORTHERN BLUES: Watson 3, Murray 2, Wilson 2, Foster, Graham, Perry, Viojo-Rainbow.

BEST
PORT MELBOURNE: Pearson, Cain, Noonan, Sandilands, Batsanis, Johnson
NORTHERN BLUES: Wilson, Graham, Warnock, Holman, McGuinness, Gowers

From the Northern Blues website.
What was promising was that Holman and Gowers got a mention for the solid negative jobs they did. Also a mention in the text for Fields, who for the 2nd week in a row has made an impression.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #25

Most of Wood's clearances were blind kicks out of packs, I'm no Warnock fan but I don't think we'd lose anything by swapping them.
Wood also missed a soda for the second time in a fortnight, he's a very ordinary footballer, until we get Kreuzer back we'll struggle.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #26
Most of Wood's clearances were blind kicks out of packs, I'm no Warnock fan but I don't think we'd lose anything by swapping them.
Wood also missed a soda for the second time in a fortnight, he's a very ordinary footballer, until we get Kreuzer back we'll struggle.
IMO, Wood is miles in front of Warnock in clearances and general around the ground play (marking). He is ok in front of goals also. Warnock is a 206cm witches hat who must be traded or delisted at years end.

Reply #27

Casboult + Wood >>> Casboult + Warnock >> Wood + Warnock.

Reply #29
Did Whiley play yesterday?
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006