Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4 : Blues Beat Saints To Win The Cake-Tin !!  (Read 44959 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4 : Blues Beat Saints To Win The Cake-Tin !!

Reply #120
Cripps blew me away.  His tackling was crush-tastic.  And his ability to stand up in a tackle and find away of giving off the ball in heavy traffic was astonishing.  Cripps was there for us when StKilda was ontop.  He kept up in the game.

Murph was fantastic.  He was smashed off the ball - as has been said here - but stood up, something he rarely does.  About time.

Rowe is a liability this year.  I would drop Bolt but give us something around the ground and is good in the ruck.  But his kicking is embarrassing.  Liam Jones tried hard, and should have kicked three, but like the Bolt, looses his bundle in front of goal.

Buckley's run was thrilling, even if he did stuff up a couple of times.  Buckley playing allows them to play Yazz through the middle and up forward.

Loved Hendo, but he needs to do that more often.  Same goes with Bell. Has the will, just needs to be more consistent and sort out his skills.

Gibbs - meh.  Can't deal with pressure.  Curnow got ontop of Stevens.  Carrots is shot.  Toooey continued his good form.  Same with Docherty.  Everitt mixes brilliance with some awful rubbish, but I like him in the team.  Simmo was Simmo.  Dicks reminded me of Laidler.  Broky is Lucas but can tackle and has smarts.

Jamo must be injured.  Thank God he played on Paddy.  Ellard played one of his best games.  Army murdered Savage and gave us run as well.  Wood played his best game and actually looked like a ruckman.

Overall, plenty to like.  We might even be able to put up a fight against the Scum. 

Dicks, Carrots, Rowe out for Jaksch, Judd and Menzel next week. 
In reality, though, if Menz and Judd are fit, they'll probably drop Dicks, Broky and maybe Ellard.

I'd keep Boekhorst in the team....thought he gave us some run and it will good education for him vs the Pies, was handy today without being great but I thought he looked
like he knew what he was doing but just needs game time to adjust to the speed of the game so he gives himself more time to use the footy better..

Reply #121
Funny as Meddy43 said he was the worst on ground early on.

He was ok. His best piece of play was giving a don't argue from defence before running it forward to deliver to boekhorst who popped it over the top for hendo. I think you were still around for that.
Didn't do anything to demand BOG status in the 2nd half, but certainly didn't do anything to suggest WOG status either. Solid.

I only saw the first qtr, watching the rest now, and I thought he had a lot of bad turn overs. Reluctant to kick and just offering up terrible handballs. Keen to see the rest of his game now.

Reply #122

I'd keep Boekhorst in the team....thought he gave us some run and it will good education for him vs the Pies, was handy today without being great but I thought he looked
like he knew what he was doing but just needs game time to adjust to the speed of the game so he gives himself more time to use the footy better..

Has a good footy brain. I agree give him some time to adjust and he will be a very good player.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #123
The Good
Cripps, Simpson, Murphy, Everitt, Wood, Henderson, Buckley, Bell, Docherty, Armfield, Tuohy, Gibbs.

The Bad
Jones, Boekhorst (harsh for a first gamer), Ellard, Curnow, Dick (sub), Casboult

The Ugly
Carrazzo, Jamison, Rowe, Walker
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #124
The Good
Cripps, Simpson, Murphy, Everitt, Wood, Henderson, Buckley, Bell, Docherty, Armfield, Tuohy, Gibbs.

The Bad
Jones, Boekhorst (harsh for a first gamer), Ellard, Curnow, Dick (sub), Casboult

The Ugly

Boekhorst in "The Bad" is rubbish. His debut was a hell of a lot better than Cripps' IMO. Yeah, he didn't get much of it but he had 4 inside 50s, and a couple of shots on goal. Definitely didn't make a fool of himself like Sam Rowe. Something to work with.

Reply #125
Boekhorst in "The Bad" is rubbish. His debut was a hell of a lot better than Cripps' IMO. Yeah, he didn't get much of it but he had 4 inside 50s, and a couple of shots on goal. Definitely didn't make a fool of himself like Sam Rowe. Something to work with.

Which is why I admitted it was "harsh". If he was a regular senior player you would call that performance bad, but we can all see that the kid has an upside based on today's performance.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #126
The Good

The Bad

The Ugly

Jack Steven's disposal average this year before yesterday's game was 27 possessions, Curnow kept him to just 16 and Stevens had little to no influence on the game. I'd say that's a 'good' for Curnow surely? Carrazzo as 'ugly' also very harsh imo. But we all see things differently......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #127
Ellard was good.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #129
Site whipping boy, will get no love unless he grows a foot.

Forward pocket is the hardest position to have an impact on the ground. You are worn like a glove and no one kicks the ball to you.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #130
Forward pocket is the hardest position to have an impact on the ground. You are worn like a glove and no one kicks the ball to you.

You won't hear a bad word from me about Ellard. If some of our better talents cracked in like he does we would be a much better side.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #131
I think he suffers a bit from comparisons with some of the more flashy goalkicking FP's we've had in the past.
He obviously performs the role the coaches want him to perform. That's why he keeps getting picked.

Reply #132
That's just it, he doesn't keep getting picked. He's usually on the outer and gets games when we have injured players or have lost all our other small forwards. Cracking in just isn't enough (and I think you'll find that drops away anyway). If you want the list to move forward we need to ditch these types pronto. Ditto Rowe, ditto White, ditto Armfield. Yes Armfield and Ellard's senior bodies may have got us over the line against the Aints but winning isn't as important as blooding the youth in a rebuilding phase. I would much rather see Graham and Watson getting a crack, otherwise we are just wasting time and contradicting the stance we have taken.

Yes you can call him site whipping boy, but after 8 years if you're not a regular player it is simply time to go, nothing is surer.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #133
I also thought Carrots work as the link in the contest I the second half was really good.

His clean hands and composure was really good as a foil to the extraction of Cripps.

"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #134
Until you have better players that bring the pressure that Ellard and Armfield bring then you have to play them otherwise we get slaughtered like we did in round 2.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!