Skip to main content
Topic: Round 5 preview Carlton v Collingwood  (Read 50331 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 5 preview Carlton v Collingwood

Reply #15
I think part of the reason Henderson is playing forward is that he's the only one with a clue. Forward lines need to operate as a team within a team and I don't reckon Jones and Levi etc have the nous to sort things out.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #16
Fair points Prof E.

From what I have seen this season, the Pies seem to be using Swan, Moore and Elliott as their fwd targets.

Reply #17
I don't agree that Jamo can't go with Cloke. Jamo is not only a good choice, but he can really hurt Cloke at ground level. Jamo if the ball hits the deck has the ability to run off and give us a chance to go forward. Either this or Everitt.

Don't get to excited about this game though. If the Filth play like they did today, they could really punish us. They made the Scum look bad today.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #19
I reckon MM will give Cripps a run with role on Pendlebury!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
I reckon MM will give Cripps a run with role on Pendlebury!

Two ways to look at that...Cripps gets an education running with Pendlebury or he will probably be run off his feet..I'd like Whiley to play on Pendlebury and let Cripps keep on doing what has been doing.
Whiley did a job on Ablett when he played for GWS and at 190cm he can match Pendlebury for size and I think he has a better tank than Cripps so he can run all day..

Reply #21
Two ways to look at that...Cripps gets an education running with Pendlebury or he will probably be run off his feet..I'd like Whiley to play on Pendlebury and let Cripps keep on doing what has been doing.
Whiley did a job on Ablett when he played for GWS and at 190cm he can match Pendlebury for size and I think he has a better tank than Cripps so he can run all day..

Best person IMO for Pendelbury is White if he is fit or stick Bell on him in the first half and get 2E on him in the second half. Pendlebury is a great player, but not that quick and hasn't been tagged too often. If he doesn't hold his marks when the pressure is on early in a game, he goes missing and very quiet. He doesn't have a mean streak in him to fight back and be very aggressive. He tries to let his game do the talking.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #22
Just watching Bris. They are a dead set rabble!. If we can find a way past those filthy scumbags next week we should reasonably expect to be 3-3
Eat more chooks

Reply #24

Why would we not play Curnow, our best tagger on Pendlebury? 

Reply #26
 A big challenge for the boys this game. I've no idea if they are up for it or not, but I sure hope so !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #27
I am not one for milestones but this week will show if these blokes are playing for their coach or not.

Reply #28
I am not confident of a win but would love one obviously

Reply #29
Why would we not play Curnow, our best tagger on Pendlebury?

That would make sense  ::)

The only issue I can see is that Pendlebury could be too strong in the air.  Still, if Curnow does his job, Pendlebury may not get too many opportunities.

I certainly wouldn't be sacrificing the ball winning ability of Cripps by playing him in a shut down role.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball