Skip to main content
Topic: The GWS Gang - Will They Or Won't They ?? (Read 19077 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The GWS Gang - Will They Or Won't They ??

Reply #60
The frustration should be with Jaksch not the club here. It is he who is not reaching the required senior standard despite the club's best efforts. There's a senior place just begging to be filled by him and the challenge is his.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #61
Im not even frustrated at Jaksch.  He is simply not as good as Jones as it stands right now so isnt getting a game.

FWIW, I think Levi is in bigger danger than Jones.

Jones pops up for his goal a game, and might not win contests, but he halves them and throws his weight around.

He might never be a great forward, but he will give you what he has to give, and if we can somehow have him playing as a 2nd or 3rd banana, it might work for him.

Jaksch has more talent, but doesnt give you everything he has.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #62
Im not even frustrated at Jaksch.  He is simply not as good as Jones as it stands right now so isnt getting a game.

FWIW, I think Levi is in bigger danger than Jones.

Jones pops up for his goal a game, and might not win contests, but he halves them and throws his weight around.

He might never be a great forward, but he will give you what he has to give, and if we can somehow have him playing as a 2nd or 3rd banana, it might work for him.

Jaksch has more talent, but doesnt give you everything he has.

If I were Levi I'd be working hard to greatly improve my ruckwork as quickly as possible, if he can make himself 30% competitive in the ruck he is safe, but at the moment he isn't even 10% of a ruckmen!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63
During the preseason he said he needs to work on bulking up and his running capacity in an interview.

If you're big and can't run, it's not unheard of. If you're a twig and a running machine, also not unheard of. But if you suck at both, there are big issues.s

Reply #64
The frustration should be with Jaksch not the club here. It is he who is not reaching the required senior standard despite the club's best efforts. There's a senior place just begging to be filled by him and the challenge is his.

I've found his form to be pretty good. He was outstanding in the game I watched against Geelong. He is an outstanding contested mark, similar to Casboult. He can kick at goal too. Straight in this week to replace Weitering for me.

Reply #65
Sumner played half a decent game straight in. Plowman likewise.

We'll look back at the end of the year and think WTF - we put games into Jones ahead of this guy?

Moronic. Makes no sense on any level.

Reply #66
If you're big and can't run, it's not unheard of. If you're a twig and a running machine, also not unheard of. But if you suck at both, there are big issues.s
the lack of agility and second efforts are a big issue for one with his physique.   He isn't a monstor size like tom Boyd but more Jones like and he has multiple efforts in him.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #67
I've found his form to be pretty good. He was outstanding in the game I watched against Geelong. He is an outstanding contested mark, similar to Casboult. He can kick at goal too. Straight in this week to replace Weitering for me.

Fair enough Jim - I'm getting mixed reports on him. I guess bottom line is that he hasn't impressed the MC enough yet to get a senior game. Maybe that'll change this week?
Reality always wins in the end.