Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7 : Pre Game Thread - Blues v Pies (Read 35536 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 7 : Pre Game Thread - Blues v Pies

Reply #105
Collingwood's side is very average, this could be a nil all draw.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #106
I'm glad Cloke isn't playing (is an emergency though) as it would be just our louck for him to hit form and kick a bag. We're a bit short-on down back.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #107
I'm glad Cloke isn't playing (is an emergency though) as it would be just our louck for him to hit form and kick a bag. We're a bit short-on down back.
Those days are over I reckon Cookie.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #108
Those days are over I reckon Cookie.

Yeah you're probably right GTC. I still have memories of Watson being thrown to the lions in his debut for us when he was played on Cloke.

Reply #109
Little worried about the height of their forward line. Cox, Moore and White lining up and Rowe is our only real KP defender. Plowman has been coming along nicely but he's giving up a fair bit of height this week. I won't be surprised if Everitt has to move back at some point to help out. Maybe White too.

Reply #110
Yeah you're probably right GTC. I still have memories of Watson being thrown to the lions in his debut for us when he was played on Cloke.
Agree, I cant remember how many spuds we would run back into form every flamin' week. It was guranteed, blokes who did nothing for weeks on end would kick bags and dominate against us. As I have said, good defences are what good teams are built around. Yes we a down a couple of defenders this week but the team defence mentality still exists. Whats the latest buzz stat at the minute? Something like average 100 pts for and 86 pts against and youre a contender.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #111
Agree, I cant remember how many spuds we would run back into form every flamin' week. It was guranteed, blokes who did nothing for weeks on end would kick bags and dominate against us. As I have said, good defences are what good teams are built around. Yes we a down a couple of defenders this week but the team defence mentality still exists. Whats the latest buzz stat at the minute? Something like average 100 pts for and 86 pts against and youre a contender.

Yep. As Barb posted, the Pies will have three talls in their fwd zone that could stretch us so we'll have to work hard to prevent them getting good fwd 50 delivery.

Reply #112
Plowman will have his work cut out for him.

Yep...Cox, Moore and White is a fair bit of size....Simon White will have to play down back but that will be two undersized defenders.
I  think we might have trouble with Fasalo too...been in good form and one of those smaller to mid types who is very strong in the air, throw in Blair who always seems to do well vs us and the Pies
have the weapons to hurt us down forward.
Its says something about Weitering when we look undermanned without him...
Dont like horses first up from a spell and I reckon Walker without any footy would be a liability if played down back and I hope he starts forward...

Reply #113
Yep...Cox, Moore and White is a fair bit of size....Simon White will have to play down back but that will be two undersized defenders.
I  think we might have trouble with Fasalo too...been in good form and one of those smaller to mid types who is very strong in the air, throw in Blair who always seems to do well vs us and the Pies
have the weapons to hurt us down forward.
Its says something about Weitering when we look undermanned without him...
Dont like horses first up from a spell and I reckon Walker without any footy would be a liability if played down back and I hope he starts forward...

And only Krooz in the ruck as well so first use of the ball out of the centre and at stoppages will be down.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #114
Our chance in this game is to beat them and beat them well in the middle.

Kruezer must return back to form and play a big game as does Murphy Gibbs and Cripps. 

Curnow must blanket their best mid prob Pendlebury and dont allow him any time with ball in hand.

Put simply we need to beat them well with F50 entries and if we do we are a big chance.

While there forwards are tall none are seasoned regular goal kickers. I'm always concerned when we play them with Fosolo Blair and sidebottom going forward (thankfully Elliot is out) not their talls but still think game will be won or lost in the middle on this one.

Reply #115
shawny, I'm pretty sure Pendles is out.

Reply #116
Have faith kiddies, this mob is ripe for the taking.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #117
If we win this one I will be partying from 5-10pm and pass out by 10.30

Reply #118
Well we can take heart that Rottingwood are way more inconsistent than Carlton this season, we sort of know what to expect from Carlton, but nobody knows what Rottingwood will deliver!

Lets hope they have an off day and everything finally starts to click for us!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #119
Reckon Phillips grabbed at his hamstring in last week's game.

He'll be a big out, disappointing as his confidence would have been gaining momentum....then this. Hopefully just a one week-er!

Kreuzer to ruck with support from Casboult. I'd give Everitt a go as an around the ground extra mid to run off Grundy at times.

Rowe to take Cox.

Plowman to take Moore.

If J.White plays forward - combo of S.White and Everitt to switch forward and back tomorrow.

Byrne/Docherty to take Fasolo/Blair in which ever order.

Walker to play forward.