Skip to main content
Topic: I'm out of here  (Read 3699 times) previous topic - next topic

I'm out of here

I will be heading off tomorrow morning for a trip across the Simpson Desert via the Madigan Line.

We will be staying at Mungerannie on Saturday so I may catch part of the game - I'm assuming the hotel has Foxtel.  Radio coverage is average at best and the game is not on the ABC so I'll probably miss out on radio coverage.  That will probably be it until I get back home, just in time for the Geelong game.

I'll be relying on CSC to keep me informed - if I can get internet coverage - so don't hold back.

Go Blues!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: I'm out of here

Reply #1
Have a safe trip DJC and enjoy. I hope we can win this game to make your day. Catch you when you get back buddy. ;) ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #2
I will be heading off tomorrow morning for a trip across the Simpson Desert via the Madigan Line.

We will be staying at Mungerannie on Saturday so I may catch part of the game - I'm assuming the hotel has Foxtel.  Radio coverage is average at best and the game is not on the ABC so I'll probably miss out on radio coverage.  That will probably be it until I get back home, just in time for the Geelong game.

I'll be relying on CSC to keep me informed - if I can get internet coverage - so don't hold back.

Go Blues!

If you find Lasseters reef make sure you get a GPS location. Ok?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #3
If you find Lasseters reef make sure you get a GPS location. Ok?

I was at Lasseter's cave last year - no sign of any gold!

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
I was at Lasseter's cave last year - no sign of any gold!

Bugger!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #5
Bon voyage DJC - I'm jealous! No 4wd drive trip for me this year unfortunately. Look forward to your report.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
Safe travels mate. Hope you have a great trip.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #7
You need someone who can help you navigate around the sand dunes and desert.   ;D
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #8
Enjoy it DJC.
I love the Simpson. Have flown over it many times and crossed it by land twice.
We crossed via the French line both times going from Birdsville to Mount Dare.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #9
You need someone who can help you navigate around the sand dunes and desert.   ;D

And look after the camels?

:)

Reply #10
Great stuff. Safe travels mate...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11
When I read the heading I thought it was a post from Graeme "Gubby" Allan!

Safe travels DJC, grab a few fossils along the way!
The Force Awakens!