Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 546784 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1275
I don't like the Marsh selection at all......Callum Ferguson derserved another go before Marsh.  he was sacrificed to wolves last time.

Paine lucky......which makes up for the years of bad luck that should have seen him the #1 keeper years ago.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #1276
I don't like the Marsh selection at all......Callum Ferguson derserved another go before Marsh.  he was sacrificed to wolves last time.

Paine lucky......which makes up for the years of bad luck that should have seen him the #1 keeper years ago.

Callum Ferguson on form could've been a good selection. While the other two selections make sense, S.Marsh is lucky. Better off picking an all rounder than Marsh given they'd make probably more runs and could bowl too.

Reply #1277

Happy for Paine for that reason - but it is unexpected.

Who actually keeps for Tassie... Paine or Wade?

Reply #1279
Paine's selection proves to me that if Handscomb wants the gloves he's got them, they have opted for a Batsmen / Keeper instead of one of the young Keeper / Batsmen going around.

It really sends a message to kids who are planning to be 1st class keepers.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1280
Sam Whiteman would have been my choice but he is injured for the season.....Paine is a stop gap IMO....

Reply #1282
Happy for Paine for that reason - but it is unexpected.

Who actually keeps for Tassie... Paine or Wade?

Wade has been keeping but it was announced that he would play as a batsman if he lost his test spot.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1283
Paine's selection proves to me that if Handscomb wants the gloves he's got them, they have opted for a Batsmen / Keeper instead of one of the young Keeper / Batsmen going around.

It really sends a message to kids who are planning to be 1st class keepers.

None of the other keepers could make a run to save themselves on form right now. As important as keeping is you need to make some decent runs otherwise you have one long tail, especially with Marsh in the side. Paine's just about the best with the gloves anyway.

Reply #1285
Got my man Tim Paine. God keeper/bat and character. Best fit for sure.

Bancroft Incan understand but Shaun Marsh? Give me a spell!!!

Reply #1286
I reckon that is bang on.

They are looking at Whiteman long term

I think when Langar takes over as National coach, Whiteman if fit will take over the gloves, think he is a Yorkshireman by birth
so England may also be an option for him if he gets overlooked.

Reply #1287
I'd be interested in Whiteman: he is a good bat and a talented keeper. But we'll see what happens.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #1288
Got my man Tim Paine. God keeper/bat and character. Best fit for sure.

Bancroft Incan understand but Shaun Marsh? Give me a spell!!!

Stoinus should be in at 6. We miss a 4th seamer and he is also a viable batting option. Kawaja should be replaced by Smith and Lehmann bats 4

Reply #1289
Stoinus should be in at 6. We miss a 4th seamer and he is also a viable batting option. Kawaja should be replaced by Smith and Lehmann bats 4

Can't agree. His form has been poor.

Where Hodgey?
Finals, then 4 in a row!