Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 22: Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 9777 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 22: Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

2 games to go and 2018 will be over, for us anyway.
Taking last week's form as a guide, things do ot look promising.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 22: Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #1
The Dogs are in a pretty good patch of form and will be be too good for us this week. They play well at Etihad where they can ping the ball around with their quick ball movement and cleaned up finals aspirants the Roos there last week.  Our second half against the Dockers was terrible and we need to finish the year well. Can't see it happening though...dogs by 7 goals plus.

Reply #2
The Dogs are in a pretty good patch of form and will be be too good for us this week. They play well at Etihad where they can ping the ball around with their quick ball movement and cleaned up finals aspirants the Roos there last week.  Our second half against the Dockers was terrible and we need to finish the year well. Can't see it happening though...dogs by 7 goals plus.

They are not a tall side, if we can control the air without being tunnelled every second marking attempt we have a chance, but the Bulldogs are the Olympic tunnellers of the AFL!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
Unfortunately their strength is our weakness: the midfield. But IF we can get the ball quickly out of the middle (I may as well wish for Tattslotto, but that is another story), then we have the tall forwards to worry anyone. (Small forwards, not the moment.)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Unfortunately their strength is our weakness: the midfield. But IF we can get the ball quickly out of the middle (I may as well wish for Tattslotto, but that is another story), then we have the tall forwards to worry anyone. (Small forwards, not the moment.)

The problem for me last time was we let Bontempelli run around on his own....I know Cripps will get his 30 plus but I'd rather the Bont got 20 and no goals..

Reply #5
I get to watch the game at 5an....Europe time!!!

Reply #6
The problem for me last time was we let Bontempelli run around on his own....I know Cripps will get his 30 plus but I'd rather the Bont got 20 and no goals..
Indeed. We often allow the opposition's best player to run around on his own, and we ALWAYS suffer when we do. Not sure who should get the job, but SOMEBODY HAS TO!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7

In-Jacob Weitering, Tom De Koning, Aaron Mullett, Harrison Macreadie, Angus Schumacher

Out-Nick Graham (Injured)

New -Tom De Koning, Angus Schumacher

Interchange From*
22 Caleb Marchbank
1 Jack Silvagni
33 Jarrod Pickett
12 Tom De Koning
11 Sam Kerridge
18 Aaron Mullett
26 Harrison Macreadie
19 Angus Schumacher

Reply #8
Ins: anybody who is left.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #9
I'm tipping we will see at least 1 new player in the next couple of games. The 2 players in the 'ins' for this week will probably both get a gig either this week or next.

Reply #10
In-Jacob Weitering, Tom De Koning, Aaron Mullett, Harrison Macreadie, Angus Schumacher

Out-Nick Graham (Injured)

New -Tom De Koning, Angus Schumacher

Interchange From*
22 Caleb Marchbank
1 Jack Silvagni
33 Jarrod Pickett
12 Tom De Koning
11 Sam Kerridge
18 Aaron Mullett
26 Harrison Macreadie
19 Angus Schumacher

The give the new kid a run game......maybe Schumacher in for Jack or Marchbank.....TDK the next week.....
Mullett??? No Casboult?......bye bye Levi???

Reply #11
You'd think Graham was done now.

I'm expecting kerridge to come out too.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #12
Don't know how much he's seen of him but....Dermie pushing for De Koning to get a run on AFL 360

Reply #13
CARLTON
B: Lochie O'Brien, Sam Rowe, Dale Thomas
HB: Ciaran Byrne, Jed Lamb, Jacob Weitering
C: Marc Murphy, Patrick Cripps, Darcy Lang
HF: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Charlie Curnow, Cameron Polson
F: Ed Curnow, Harry McKay, Matthew Wright
R: Matthew Lobbe, Kade Simpson, Paddy Dow
Int: Caleb Marchbank, Jack Silvagni, Jarrod Pickett, Tom De Koning, Sam Kerridge, Aaron Mullett, Harrison Macreadie, Angus Schumacher (Four to be omitted)

IN: Jacob Weitering, Tom De Koning, Aaron Mullett, Harrison Macreadie, Angus Schumacher

OUT: Nick Graham (Injured)

NEW: Tom De Koning, Angus Schumacher

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Easton Wood, Aaron Naughton, Ed Richards
HB: Hayden Crozier, Dale Morris, Jason Johannisen
C: Lachie Hunter, Jack Macrae, Toby McLean
HF: Billy Gowers, Josh Schache, Caleb Daniel
F: Tory Dickson, Marcus Bontempelli, Jordan Roughead
R: Jackson Trengove, Josh Dunkley, Mitch Wallis
Int: Lewis Young, Mitch Honeychurch, Patrick Lipinski, Callum Porter, Fergus Greene, Brad Lynch, Tim English, Lin Jong (Four to be omitted)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #14
Strong Bulldogs team, wonder if Polson might get Caleb Daniel this week...be someone more his own size at least.