Skip to main content
Topic: Round 1 2015 (Read 69324 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 1 2015

Reply #60
We always have depth between October and March. Manages to vanish by April....lol!

Nice observation.

You would hope that this coming season is a new beast in which we dispel those past idiosyncrasies.

Let's see shall we.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #61
No love for Kreuzer Pratty?

I do like the boy Amers, just reckon he needs time and games to get back into it. How good would it be if he was cherry ripe to go round 1 in the big stuff next year after a big preseason of training and games!!!!

Reply #62
No love for Kreuzer Pratty?

I do like the boy Amers, just reckon he needs time and games to get back into it. How good would it be if he was cherry ripe to go round 1 in the big stuff next year after a big preseason of training and games!!!!

This is what I am hoping will happen, if you think it will take longer then fair enough !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #63
I so hope the big fella is up and about come Round 1.

It's like waiting for McGrath to return after bone spur removal in his ankle... the wait is agonising!!!!

Reply #64
I so hope the big fella is up and about come Round 1.

It's like waiting for McGrath to return after bone spur removal in his ankle... the wait is agonising!!!!

I know he will be right to go in round 1, Im just hoping he is right to go and stays right to go for most of the season.

At this point, in context, one swallow does not a summer make in Matthew Kreuzers case.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #65
back 6......

simpson jamison jaksch
walker rowe touhy

this combo gives us size, run, experience and the flexibility to match up most fwd lines.

midfield.........

yarran gibbs thomas
kruz everitt murphy

in form and at the top of their game a very nice mix of class and grit.

fwd 6......

judd henderson menzel
jones casboult buckley

3 marking talls to cause havoc and straighten us up with some class and speed at the drop of the ball

bench.......

carrazzo curnow dockerty cripps

the bench is the other midfield - these guys cover a lot of bases and they can all play a role

depth players likely to play at some time.........

bell whiley mclean warnock white wood sheehan megahead armfield graham [tutt]

not ready...........

giles holman bryne pk19 pk28 etc etc

gawn.......

robbo ellard lucas

peanuts in a bag.....peanuts

Reply #66
back 6......

simpson jamison jaksch
walker rowe touhy

this combo gives us size, run, experience and the flexibility to match up most fwd lines.

midfield.........

yarran gibbs thomas
kruz everitt murphy

fwd 6......

judd henderson menzel
jones casboult buckley

3 marking talls to cause havoc and straighten us up with some class and speed at the drop of the ball

bench.......

carrazzo curnow dockerty cripps

the bench is the other midfield - these guys cover a lot of bases and they can all play a role

depth players likely to play at some time.........

bell whiley mclean warnock white wood sheehan megahead armfield graham [tutt]

not ready...........

giles holman bryne pk19 pk28 etc etc

gawn.......

robbo ellard lucas
Ummm, Brock has been delisted, Ellard stays.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #67
midfield.........

yarran gibbs thomas
kruz everitt murphy

Which of this group gives us grit ?
I'm thinking MK is 1 ......then Daisy ???????  I'm struggling with the grit part. :o
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #68
grit in those 6 names... gimme a break.

Zero fear factor the opposition there... absolutely zero.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #69
I look forward to seeing how we line up for Round #1. We haven't introduced many players for years, and when we did Robbo and Garlett and the rest killed the Tigers.
I miss that.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #70
Well we will need a couple of others to stand and and I am sure that they will. The good news is that we open the season at the G on Easter Thursday against the Tiggies. Supposedly the rest of the draw will be released next week.

Reply #71
grit in those 6 names... gimme a break.

Zero fear factor the opposition there... absolutely zero.

no grit in murphy, and kruz is a pansy, everitt shows nothing and gibbs is a woos.

yep you're right professor....absolutely zero there!!

what an incredibly naive and dumb statement - I retract it and I apologize.

peanuts in a bag.....peanuts

Reply #72
I am not saying soft, I'm just saying fear factor.  They don't scare the opposition in what is a gladatorial sport.
We can't forget the fear factor in football... Check out what the whorks did to Sydney.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #73
I am not saying soft, I'm just saying fear factor.  They don't scare the opposition in what is a gladatorial sport.
We can't forget the fear factor in football... Check out what the whorks did to Sydney.
With all due respect, my personal view on this whole "fear", "toughness", "hard" thing is a crock of crape. To be selected to play AFL at the highest level on a consistent basis, you need to be be courageous by default I reckon. ALL players go where angels fear to tread week in week out. Some shirk a few contests or duck their heads, most of us would pass out before it happened. Football talent aside, thats what sets them apart from those in the lower levels of football and mere mortals like us who type on keyboards. I don't see fear in the eyes of any AFL player who crosses that line, no matter their size, shape or team they play for. What I do see is more desperation and more drive to succeed and achieve by some players over others. Take Hodge for example. People go on about him like he is the toughest, most fearsome man to ever don football boots. I don't think other players fear him nor are they intimidated by him. But what he does do is lead his side extremely well by demanding a hard at it and honest contest by all his players for 120 mins 25 odd times per year. His pursuit of success and the holy grail is unrelenting. Bend or break the team rules are their are drastic consequences and he has instilled this attitude in all his team mate. Control C control V the above for Selwood. They just never give an inch or give up. Do I think Gibbs or Murph are scared of blokes like Hodge or Selwood? No. I think they want to be like them, and emulate them. Problem is you can become it, you are born that way.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #74
Buckly              Jamieson          Docherty
Jaksch              Rowe                 Simpson