Skip to main content
Topic: Vale Gough Whitlam (Read 6806 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Vale Gough Whitlam

Reply #15
I never liked the guy

Why?

Don't get me wrong as I didn't hate him. I just didn't like him in particular. I remember he had a level of self belief and confidence in the beginning and soon realised his arrogance and love of himself had him thinking he was the greatest. He had many good ideas, but he also had ideas that just wouldn't work. I don't want to bad talk him as every political leader will be loved by some, and not so much by many. Didn't hate him, but wasn't a big fan. I liked him better than Gillard, that's for sure. I pay my respect to his family and friends and may he RIP.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #16
"So may we say God save the Queen, because nothing will save the Governor General".

I don't think I was alive when he said these words but I know them very well. RIP.
I think this is correct, its ironic that he gave god save the queen the arse and put in advance australia fair.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
I never liked the guy

Why?

Don't get me wrong as I didn't hate him. I just didn't like him in particular. I remember he had a level of self belief and confidence in the beginning and soon realised his arrogance and love of himself had him thinking he was the greatest. He had many good ideas, but he also had ideas that just wouldn't work. I don't want to bad talk him as every political leader will be loved by some, and not so much by many. Didn't hate him, but wasn't a big fan. I liked him better than Gillard, that's for sure. I pay my respect to his family and friends and may he RIP.

Thanks Mants, I respect your opinion. Disagree on Gillard though. She probably polarises in a similar vein to Gough but was a great PM who shall earn her dues in the history of time. Rudd was her Kerr.
IN WADA WE TRUST