Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 14: Post Game Palliative care: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 27870 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 14: Post Game Palliative care: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #135
Two weeks for Houli. That's all, 2 weeks for knocking out a player intentionally.

Evidently its ok, he is of good character. So much so that the HS makes his tribunal appearance sound more like a celebration of his character.

Even the PM and Waleed Aly were called upon to pump up his tyres and say what a top bloke he is.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/bachar-houli-receives-twogame-ban-for-striking-carltons-jed-lamb/news-story/d2e233da4893cd880a4093172fca5897

(perhaps a trigger warning is appropriate before reading this garbage)

Reply #136
Two weeks for Houli. That's all, 2 weeks for knocking out a player intentionally.

Evidently its ok, he is of good character. So much so that the HS makes his tribunal appearance sound more like a celebration of his character.

Even the PM and Waleed Aly were called upon to pump up his tyres and say what a top bloke he is.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/bachar-houli-receives-twogame-ban-for-striking-carltons-jed-lamb/news-story/d2e233da4893cd880a4093172fca5897

(perhaps a trigger warning is appropriate before reading this garbage)

And now you know, Barb, about the connection between the Liberal Party McLachlan family (AFL CEO) and the Liberal Party Turnbull family... not that this connection could alter a decision, just ...wink, wink, nudge, nudge... influence it. Reality. Same political sh1t played out in the cheats.com.au scenario.

Simply appalling that a Prime Minister would use his office to influence a decision in such a local matter, spanks of deep opportunism / positive headline. Waleed... thought you were better than this...

There was a time when the AFL tribunal operated with integrity. Not any more.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #137
And now you know, Barb, about the connection between the Liberal Party McLachlan family (AFL CEO) and the Liberal Party Turnbull family... not that this connection could alter a decision, just ...wink, wink, nudge, nudge... influence it. Reality. Same political sh1t played out in the cheats.com.au scenario.

Simply appalling that a Prime Minister would use his office to influence a decision in such a local matter, spanks of deep opportunism / positive headline. Waleed... thought you were better than this...

There was a time when the AFL tribunal operated with integrity. Not any more.
I didn't know but it doesn't surprise me.
Turnbull, Aly and the HS make it sound like the guilty party was Jed Lamb's face for getting in the way of Houli as he fought social injustice. Because such a hero would never put a foot wrong.

Reply #138
I didn't know but it doesn't surprise me.
Turnbull, Aly and the HS make it sound like the guilty party was Jed Lamb's face for getting in the way of Houli as he fought social injustice. Because such a hero would never put a foot wrong.
That is straight out of the Hodge handbook... but I am such a good bloke! ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #139
Forward pressure was disgraceful. Richmond defenders have exposed us in this regard for a couple of years now.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #140
Forward pressure was disgraceful. Richmond defenders have exposed us in this regard for a couple of years now.

It seems they know how to have us hearing footsteps even when there aren't any. The silly thing is our defence seems to stand up very well against them, or at least it has in all but one game.

I thought our midfield was ordinary last weekend, they won plenty of the ball but subjectively I think the efficiency would be well down.

Overall, I think we have become way to predictable when we are playing Nthmond in recent years. I can't count how many times we chose to kick to the Rance option, by the end of the game I was mocking us by calling the kick to the Rance zone before it happened! Even when we had options open across the field we kicked to Rance.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #141
That is straight out of the Hodge handbook... but I am such a good bloke! ::)

2 weeks for knocking a bloke out with a backhander... farrking joke.

oh well - we know the rules now so when we make the granny ( in a couple years ) word up a couple of our good ( we have plenty of them ) nice clean players to unleash in the 1st quarter and away we go.... The 17th flag can be won with 22 against 20.....bang
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #142
It seems they know how to have us hearing footsteps even when there aren't any. The silly thing is our defence seems to stand up very well against them, or at least it has in all but one game.

I thought our midfield was ordinary last weekend, they won plenty of the ball but subjectively I think the efficiency would be well down.

Overall, I think we have become way to predictable when we are playing Nthmond in recent years. I can't count how many times we chose to kick to the Rance option, by the end of the game I was mocking us by calling the kick to the Rance zone before it happened! Even when we had options open across the field we kicked to Rance.

I thought our defence was opened up pretty convincingly last week.
Not their fault, because there was no pressure applied up field, but if Richmond kicked straight, we would have been flogged.

Rance was given 6 Frees for last week.
The umpires love him.
We must have kicked it to him 10 times.

Reply #144
So now we know retrospectively that we were one player down due to concussion, and had a second player struggling for aerobic recovery due to a "mysteriously bruised larynx" which left him hospitalized after the game and out this week.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #145
The mysterious bruised larynx does open things to question, when Curnow's opponent has a good patch (so much that some scribes called him BOG) after he goes off. 1973 tactics still appear to work.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #146
The mysterious bruised larynx does open things to question, when Curnow's opponent has a good patch (so much that some scribes called him BOG) after he goes off. 1973 tactics still appear to work.
A..holes >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #147
So now we know retrospectively that we were one player down due to concussion, and had a second player struggling for aerobic recovery due to a "mysteriously bruised larynx" which left him hospitalized after the game and out this week.

Mmmm, a bloke gets a bruised larynx during a game... mmm... just happens to be an effective tagger ...mmm... I suspect we haven't heard the last of this episode and on the inner sanctum I'm better our club knows exactly what happened ... mmm.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #148
Mmmm, a bloke gets a bruised larynx during a game... mmm... just happens to be an effective tagger ...mmm... I suspect we haven't heard the last of this episode and on the inner sanctum I'm better our club knows exactly what happened ... mmm.

Is it purely by accident that in a game where one player gets a backhander to the head another gets a bruised larynx?

I suspect the AFL umpires are going to take a very very close look at Mr Nthmond in the coming weeks.
The Force Awakens!