Skip to main content
Topic: The Third Test in the Ashes Series - WACA (14 December) (Read 31915 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Third Test in the Ashes Series - WACA (14 December)

Reply #90
So, it seems pretty clear that M Marsh must have been picked for his batting  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #91
I'm over you Warner, make some runs or F89%)^ off.  You've been a passenger for a bloody long time.

As for Bancroft's LB...  Root is hit on the back pad in Adelaide and it apparently went over the stumps, yet in Perth, the bounciest pitch in the world, "ball tracking" said that the ball was going down to hit the stumps.  I CALL BULL DUST!
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #92
I'm over you Warner, make some runs or F89%)^ off.  You've been a passenger for a bloody long time.

As for Bancroft's LB...  Root is hit on the back pad in Adelaide and it apparently went over the stumps, yet in Perth, the bounciest pitch in the world, "ball tracking" said that the ball was going down to hit the stumps.  I CALL BULL DUST!

Been a couple of those LBW's for both teams in this series that have been not out IMO, Bancroft wasnt that far forward though, once again he was falling over to the off side and looked off balance, when he got hit on the pads. I knew he might be in trouble if they challenged......Bancroft has technical issues and wont be suitable to play in England given he falls over his crease and his back leg doesnt seem to move in line. He will be slips practice on seaming wickets as he also plays with an angled bat.

Warner is trying to be responsible and text book like, he needs to be the old Warner and throw the bat if he is playing an attacking shot and not push at the ball, Overton did bowl him a good one though, seems his lower pace coupled with his height is getting more out of the wicket.
Warner needs to watch Smith and just be himself, dont overthink too much....they are eye players who need to trust their luck and shot making ability.

Reply #93
Been a couple of those LBW's for both teams in this series that have been not out IMO, Bancroft wasnt that far forward though, once again he was falling over to the off side and looked off balance, when he got hit on the pads on I knew he might be in trouble if they challenged......Bancroft has technical issues and wont be suitable to play in England given he falls over his crease and his back leg doesnt seem to move in line. He will be slips practice on seaming wickets as he also plays with an angled bat.

Warner is trying to be responsible and text book like, he needs to be the old Warner and throw the bat if he is playing an attacking shot and not push at the ball, Overton did bowl him a good one though, seems his lower pace coupled with his height is getting more out of the wicket.
Warner needs to watch Smith and just be himself, dont overthink too much....they are eye players who need to trust their luck and shot making ability.

I reckon Warner's ball hit a crack as it "seamed" a long way. Overton "turned" the ball more than Lyon with that one. Those cracks are looking a dangerous to the left handers facing the bowler bowling around the wicket. Done a few strange things.

Reply #94
Root's no lbw decision was beyond farcical.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #95
Mitch MarRSH 100NO at Tea!!

Smith 182no
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #96
Mitch MarRSH 100NO at Tea!!

Smith 182no

Those selectors are bloody good  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #97
It's a long bow to draw that Handscomb or any other Australian batsmen wouldn't have made runs on this pitch, after all England were 4 for 368, two Poms made tons, and they are poo!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #98
It's a long bow to draw that Handscomb or any other Australian batsmen wouldn't have made runs on this pitch, after all England were 4 for 368, two Poms made tons, and they are poo!

Handscomb had clearly lost all confidence - had to go. Was Marsh the next best choice?

In the eyes of the selectors yes....and they know a f.... load more than us about the players.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #99
300 run partnership.

That's exceptional.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #100
Must be hard coming in at 4 for 350 on that deck against a tired half baked attack.

Exactly what the team needed but I wouldn't call them hard runs.  A couple of wickets would be just as valuable now.

Reply #101
Must be hard coming in at 4 for 350 on that deck against a tired half baked attack.

Exactly what the team needed but I wouldn't call them hard runs.  A couple of wickets would be just as valuable now.

um the bowlers were tired? They'd had a full night's rest, then S. Marsh and Smith added 15 odd runs early today before he was out.

Were they tired then? FFS, simply BS.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #102
Dunno which game you were watching, that attack was weak, really weak.  Four right arm fast mediums and a crap spinner on a pitch doing f all.  Nice hundred but like I said, a soft kill.

Reply #103
Good knock from the selectors lovechild in Mitch Marsh but I remain unconvinced, his technique is still flawed IMO and he needs to show some resistance on a wicket doing doing something before I am going to get on his bandwagon...

Reply #104

It was 4/248 when he got in. Alot of pressure as we were still 155 behind. One more wicket could've changed everything. Then he faced the new ball not long after he got on with bowlers rested overnight. Poms list 6/35.on that deck.