Skip to main content
Topic: Blues Brothers trip to the tribunal (Read 30847 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues Brothers trip to the tribunal

Reply #150
A touch before my time, but i seem to remember him being in some kind of incident of note...that may have been it.

Was definitely Steve Hocking alright. Leigh Mathews ended up having assault charges brought against him and was deregistered for a while IIRC, don't remember Hocking even being cited! Hocking continued career using the knuckle - I remember he was also involved in major fisticuffs again, this time with Dermie during the '89 GF, when the Cats head-hunted the Hawks in the first 20 mins. He's not entitled or fit to pass judgement on anyone else and be taken seriously imo, especially in the light of the innocuous incidents we're talking about here.

Maybe this aspect of his personality deserves a reprise and some scrutiny in the media?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #151
Bloke on the left is hiding out posting rubbish on a footy forum but dont tell anyone.... ;)

I didn't mean to be the one to point the finger EB!  :))
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #153
As a curiosity, how do we plan for Sunday's game?

- 2 players, regular 22, cited on Monday.
 - start considering alternatives for replacements/tweak to game plan (eg kick it to Charlie won't work)
 - get relief at the tribunal (kick it to Charlie will work again)
 - appeal lodged - 2 days twiddle thumbs (waiting to find out if we kick it to Charlie or not)
 - Thurs 3pm start the planning for Sunday

It is different to an injury, as there isn't intimate knowledge about which outcome is more likely (eg we hope Murph will get up, but we know he is a 30% chance to play)

Reply #154
Where does the authority of the tribunal begin and end if the AFL can direct them to review until such time as they are satisfied.

Pretty disgusting to apply a standard to all incidents such as these when we all know the circumstances were entirely different between the four players in question.

Slightly off topic, but who was that umpire who reported Justin Murphy for swearing at an abusive spectator at Princes Park?

Reply #155

Slightly off topic, but who was that umpire who reported Justin Murphy for swearing at an abusive spectator at Princes Park?

I don't know, but moving further off topic, JM sounds like a right piece of work :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5403153/Justin-Murphy-taunts-ex-girlfriend-blowtorch.html

Reply #156
Total scumbag.   Doing jail time for taking off her finger.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #157
As he should.  His father was a great guy and I chatted with Justin (carlton days) often.  Dunno what changed him into an absolute menace he now is, but he must live with that.  Got zero tolerance for that horrific abuse

Reply #158
Seemed to lose the plot once he left the AFL system.   Drifted off the rails playing in the DVFL,  got progressively worse from there.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #159
McClure told Whately not to drive through Carlton lol.
Hilarious...Whately knew Sellers was furious with him too, nearly sh.t a brick at the end & Flubbo was very very sheepish sitting next to him, worried, no doubt that if he opened his mouth, he would have copped a backhander to the mush ;D

Reply #160
All but resigned to losing Ed.
Charlie may be a slight chance to get off....but the AFL have their torches and pitchforks out so he'll probably go as well.
Ed 2 Charlie 1 is where I suspect it will end up but....
We need to move on otherwise it becomes a distraction.

Move on, but don't forget.
There will be a time of reckoning.
A time when the AFL needs something from us.

Reply #161
As he should.  His father was a great guy and I chatted with Justin (carlton days) often.  Dunno what changed him into an absolute menace he now is, but he must live with that.  Got zero tolerance for that horrific abuse
The Essenscum influence?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #162

Move on, but don't forget.
There will be a time of reckoning.
A time when the AFL needs something from us.
Yeah right, like that will happen. They will just take what they want.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #163
As a curiosity, how do we plan for Sunday's game?

- 2 players, regular 22, cited on Monday.
 - start considering alternatives for replacements/tweak to game plan (eg kick it to Charlie won't work)
 - get relief at the tribunal (kick it to Charlie will work again)
 - appeal lodged - 2 days twiddle thumbs (waiting to find out if we kick it to Charlie or not)
 - Thurs 3pm start the planning for Sunday

It is different to an injury, as there isn't intimate knowledge about which outcome is more likely (eg we hope Murph will get up, but we know he is a 30% chance to play)

This particular AFL administration cares naught for such things. The fact that it's the CFC they're treating like 2nd class citizens (creating disruption to planning) is a bonus.

If this present AFL administration was a football team, they'd have been relegated to a much lower league long ago.

If this present AFL administration was a business with a reasonable product in a highly competitive market, they'd have gone broke long ago. Said it before and I'll say it again, they're lucky they have a great product... tiny jockey's on massive horses.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17