Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 - What do you expect from the club? (Read 45121 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 - What do you expect from the club?

Reply #240
Looking at the pre-season, opposition injury lists and our current situation, we should be a very good chance to win 4 out of the 5 first games this season and that should be our minimum aim.

From then on we should go at about 50/50 for 12 wins in total, which would put us around the middle of the ladder and a pass mark.

Any less is a fail, any more a bonus!

I have no idea how these media nutters think we'll only have 6 wins!

btw., Wet Toast might still be without Kennedy, the rumor I've heard is he's having some inflammation issues after doing a mini pre-season following ankle surgery.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #241
I expect us to hit more targets each week.
I expect us to kick more goals.
I expect us to play like we want to win.
I expect us to stop the oppositions' best players more often.
I expect us to have out better players be more consistent.
I expect us to improve.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #242
Bulldogs just lost another player, that means we should target 5 from 5!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #243
I expect us to hit more targets each week.
I expect us to kick more goals.
I expect us to play like we want to win.
I expect us to stop the oppositions' best players more often.
I expect us to have out better players be more consistent.
I expect us to improve.

I expect ALL players to run hard both ways
I expect ALL players to apply pressure
I expect ALL players to tackle hard

Reply #244
I expect the party to end for Nthmond, in about 3 days and 9hrs from the time of this post! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #245
I expect the party to end for Nthmond, in about 3 days and 9hrs from the time of this post! ;)

Would be our greatest home and away win ever.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #248
Ironically it's the ones that got away that stick in my mind, like that day at home when Fitzy got pinged for time-wasting!

I don't remember the game, but it was R20 1981, v Essendon. There's a Youtube video I think.

Reply #249
I don't remember the game, but it was R20 1981, v Essendon. There's a Youtube video I think.

I'll watch it again if at anytime I find myself warming to CheatsFC or any of their associated scum!

I took a mate(footy associate) to that game, he was in town for a junior footy carnival and was a welded on CheatsFC supporter. He never lets me forget about it. I remind my CheatsFC friends that the very same kid went on to play AFL and win a Brownlow, but not for them! It's my only happy memory of that day, and maybe him biting into one of our clubs famous half-frozen pies! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #250
Lists like this are for the chattering masses.  My only problem is when did the modern era start?  Footy has changed significantly since 1975 - I wouldn't consider that the modern era (I was 4 at the time!), particularly as it wasn't fully professional.

If we moved the modern era to the 21st century, getting 5 best wins (with significance) could be difficult...

Reply #254
We are looking at groundhog day for 2018.

Competitive, will lose more than we win, be in the middle six at best and could sneak finals but will just lack that bit of class to make finals.  9-12 is where we'll finish unless we really develope well this off season.

We had a good run of injury this year and traditionally players that have struggled played well. We won't get that lucky again IMHO.

I was similarly off the mark, but I wasnt anticipating what we have ended up with.  We effectively havent even treaded water this year.

I think the competition has taken us a bit more seriously and that has been a contributing factor.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson