Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 6: Post game Awesomeness (Read 32491 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 6: Post game Awesomeness

Reply #105
Thry, we have bought in a lot of youngsters.

Alex was bought in to help with their development by supplying some experience and muscle.
He did a superb job on Franklin and we may well have lost that game if Buddy had been able to play at his best.

I reckon Alex has already earn't his spot on the rookie list.

If he'd played against gold coast would we have won?

Reply #106
If he'd played against gold coast would we have won?

His presence would have increased our chances of winning, based on what I saw yesterday.

Reply #107
Pity we couldn't nail that Melbourne win. 3-3 would've been nice.

Reply #108
That was my favourite part of the game. How long since we bullied someone in a swans jumper? He mentally disintegrated by the third quarter too. Missing handballs, missing tackles, rushing everything and his man kicked 4 on him.

Love it.

Matty Wright... becoming one of my absolute favourites.

Wright is my fav player at the club, one that Bolton doesnt have to coach, and if you go to the games you see Wright organising other players down forward and having plenty to say.
He has been played up the ground the last few games and we have missed him down forward.
Longmire should have moved Mills onto the ball or down forward IMO....reckon his tenure at the Swans might be short as he doesnt seem to want to admit they need rejigging unlike Clarkson'who has signalled big changes if the Hawks dont shape up...

Reply #109
Wright is my fav player at the club, one that Bolton doesnt have to coach, and if you go to the games you see Wright organising other players down forward and having plenty to say.
He has been played up the ground the last few games and we have missed him down forward.
Longmire should have moved Mills onto the ball or down forward IMO....reckon his tenure at the Swans might be short as he doesnt seem to want to admit they need rejigging unlike Clarkson'who has signalled big changes if the Hawks dont shape up...
Been saying this since he came to the club, it is so noticeable when he pushes into the midfield or onto a wing, we breakdown in the fwd line. I know he can play anywhere but I want him in the fwd line full time as thats where we need him most and is most damaging.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #110
Couldn't watch the game due to some (paid via CFC) live pass stuffup >:D
The only game that hasn't worked - talk about frustrating. Looking forward to watch the replay.

Oh gees, don't get me started on the AFL live pass abomination.  So finally decided to pull the pin & fork out last night.  Tried on the PC first up for a "Live Pass"......credit card payment wouldnt' go through, despite having no problem with it all weekend at shops, bars, restaurants etc etc.  Thought I'd then try the version on the App Store (which I understand is slightly different....wft?), anyway, subscribed for this & all ready to go .......and what do I see, only 2nd & 4th quarters are available of the "Full Match Replay !!!!"

what a pile of ****.

Memo to the AFL, if you are going to force people to pay for every single bit of content, you need to make sure that the content is there asap when people want to watch it.

I'll try again tonight.

as an aside......GO Blues !!!

cheers

Mal

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #111
Oh gees, don't get me started on the AFL live pass abomination.  So finally decided to pull the pin & fork out last night.  Tried on the PC first up for a "Live Pass"......credit card payment wouldnt' go through, despite having no problem with it all weekend at shops, bars, restaurants etc etc.  Thought I'd then try the version on the App Store (which I understand is slightly different....wft?), anyway, subscribed for this & all ready to go .......and what do I see, only 2nd & 4th quarters are available of the "Full Match Replay !!!!"

what a pile of ****.

Memo to the AFL, if you are going to force people to pay for every single bit of content, you need to make sure that the content is there asap when people want to watch it.

I'll try again tonight.

cheers

Mal

Yep.

Not to mention that the actual match wasnt watchable on saturday live. For those of us with prior engagements such as christenings, this lead to extreme frustration.  Didnt see a kick until the end of the second quarter and then only got to watch the last ten minutes of the game.

Very dissapointing.

They had similar issues against Port Adelaide the week prior, when the game had started but all you could watch was pre game rubbish.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #112

what a pile of ****.

I'll try again tonight.

cheers

Mal

I will NOT pay a brass razoo for Live Pass as I believe that even on a tablet PC the picture is only phone screen size. I figure a complete boycott is the best policy. If a lot of people do the same maybe the knobheads at the AFL will get the message?

The performance was sometimes pretty cr@ppy anyway - prone to buffering issues etc. Technically I suspect the underlying infrastructure is not up to it - crap product at a premium price IMO - Foxtel is calling the shots.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #113
I'm with Telstra so I get it for nothing. Bit frustrating Saturday when it didn't work until late in the 2nd qtr although I could only watch periodically.

Reply #114
I'm with Telstra so I get it for nothing. Bit frustrating Saturday when it didn't work until late in the 2nd qtr although I could only watch periodically.

That's just about what it's worth IMO Jim.

Reply #115
LP it is afterall Kane Cornes who is the biggest knob going around. He copped alot over his story a the time about Cripps going home. The fwit thought Cripps would say something to vindicate his story. He really is an A class imbecile.

Interesting that a couple of the other panel members seemed to give it to Cornes over his questioning.

Reply #116

what a pile of ****.

I'll try again tonight.

cheers

Mal

It's rubbish, even for Telsra customers.

Whatever they did at the end of last season to lock out the SmartReplay users and re-organise the service has made things even worse.

As for Telstra, I have Telstra home lines and a couple of mobiles on Telstra yet the system keeps denying me access to the replays. It won't accept our home number or mobile numbers as valid Telstra numbers, and hardly ever works from a PC or tablet. I've been logged in via the App and via the Telstra website only for it to tell me I need a subscription!

I've complained several times but you get nowhere with the plebs, once you get high enough up the chain of command someone apologises and sorts it out! Whatever they do, gets done at their end. Further I don't know how many times I've had one of them say after they've added a charge to my phone bills, "Hang on that's not right, you're a Telstra customer you don't need a subscription it's included free, I'll reverse those charges." So Beware!

Even when I get it working it only lasts a few weeks or a month or so and I get kicked off again and have to rinse and repeat the whole support cycle.

Further, the new system of serving the game is incredibly flaky as reported, the old SmartReply systems use to operate like clockwork with the full game appearing 17hrs after the finish. I never had an issue, and could screen-share full screen to the TV.

The new App and Website gives you a small screen surrounded by a huge black border if you try to screen-share. My son described watching it was like Telstra thought screen-sharing was gluing your phone or tablet to the TV! There is a work-around available, but that shouldn't be required for a service you are effectively paying for as a Telstra customer or subscriber!

I thought perhaps it was just me, but my next-door neighbour has a full Telstra FTTP NBN broadband connection with Telstra TV and Tesltra Gateway, he spends hours trying to get games to play without stuttering or freezing. He's effectively given up on it! Twice Telstra have sent out techs to his house after he complained and they tell him there is nothing wrong with the connection or hardware, it's a server problem.

We both stream ESPN from the USA or Europe, or Youtube live-feeds like the NB vs Coburg game yesterday, almost flawlessly! We can watch streaming services like Stan or Netflix without a problem, but AFL nada!

Overall, I rate the AFL Telstra service a 1 out of 10, they're just pulling our legs, they aren't serious about it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #117
I had to buy a subscription this year as I am living away from home for work and dont have foxtel. Luckily Ive been able to watch a few games on 7mate, but I have watched a couple on AFL live.

The main thing that p1sses me off is having to wait 12 hours for a replay. annoying when you get home from work and can't watch the game until after work tomorrow!

I have downloaded a google chrome add on that allows me to stream it to my TV. It isnt too bad, occasionally goes a bit fuzzy, and occasionally stutters, but overall, better than watching on a 13" laptop screen.

Fortunately the game was on 7mate on the weekend so I was able to watch it on TV, but I'd have been pretty p1ssed if I missed the game because of website issues, then had to wait to watch a replay, and they didn't offer me a discount or something to make up for it.

Reply #118
Interesting that a couple of the other panel members seemed to give it to Cornes over his questioning.

The replay of the interview is on the CFC FB page and I thought Cripps handled it really well - Cornes looked sheepish and they didn't give him any leeway with it

Reply #119
It's rubbish, even for Telsra customers.

Overall, I rate the AFL Telstra service a 1 out of 10, they're just pulling our legs, they aren't serious about it!

What they are saying is "Buy Foxtel!" >:(