Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game (Read 66383 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game

Reply #330
Bluesgirl and Caz write great. Would love to see them back at some stage. I left around the same time due to a couple of members that are no longer here, but I found my way back. I hope they do as well.

Reply #331
I remember that day! I think the other person was Age? It's amazing - would have sworn it was at the G?

Now you've got me questioning my memory Cookie  :-\

Carolyn arranged to meet me outside a particular "bar", as she called it.  That sounds more like the G.

I definitely spent half time with her and her son at Docklands but I'm thinking that may have been a different occasion.  I reckon you're right about Age too; another poster who is sadly missed.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #332
G'Day All,

Who here thinks that Harry Mckay should play?

I dont think he should. At this stage he doesn't appear to have the competitiveness we need in all our players if we stand a chance of beating the Tiges. 

Reply #333
G'Day All,

I dont think he should. At this stage he doesn't appear to have the competitiveness we need in all our players if we stand a chance of beating the Tiges.

Harry should definitely play.  He is extremely competitive - perhaps a product of being a twin - but he is yet to really use that competitiveness productively.

At worst, Harry takes a tall defender away from Levi and Charlie.  At best, he clunks a few marks and slots a couple of goals - and he has shown that he can do OK in the ruck.  What's not to like about that?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #334
Harry should definitely play.  He is extremely competitive - perhaps a product of being a twin - but he is yet to really use that competitiveness productively.

At worst, Harry takes a tall defender away from Levi and Charlie.  At best, he clunks a few marks and slots a couple of goals - and he has shown that he can do OK in the ruck.  What's not to like about that?

it ain't rocket science...well said DJC.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #335

Yep. Let's get him into the heat, no better way to learn.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #336
Any more word on Houli?

If he and Prestia don't play, we'll win comfortably.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #337
G'Day All,

I'd give him the 1st 5 games and see what happens.... let him know that he wont be dropped and tell him to go for it...   It took Hawkins years to come good so I'm not expecting miracles from him just a few goals here and there would be nice.... 

It would be even nicer if he took a game by the scruff of then Neck and kicked a bag... :D
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #339
Nearest the pin round 1 team?

B   Byrne, Ciaran   Silvagni, Alex (R)   Plowman, Lachlan
HB   Mullett, Aaron   Jones, Liam   Marchbank, Caleb
C   Curnow, Charlie   Cripps, Patrick   Murphy, Marc
HF   Garlett, Jarrod   Casboult, Levi   Lamb, Jed
F   Pickett, Jarrod   Weitering, Jacob   Silvagni, Jack
R   Kreuzer, Matthew   Kennedy, Matthew   Petrevski-Seton, Sam
IC   Dow, Paddy   Simpson, Kade   Wright, Matthew
   Curnow, Edward     

E Fisher, Zac   Lang, Darcy   McKay, Harry

This is my team from December 13. Pickett / ASOS out injured and Fisher & I guess Cunningham in are the only changes by the looks. Good that the team has some level of predictability to it.

Really wish we'd found a spot for Harry though.

Reply #340

I'd give him the 1st 5 games and see what happens.... let him know that he wont be dropped and tell him to go for it...   It took Hawkins years to come good so I'm not expecting miracles from him just a few goals here and there would be nice.... 

It would be even nicer if he took a game by the scruff of then Neck and kicked a bag... :D

Agree Maxy.

Reply #341
Agree Maxy.

x2, especially if others are able to kick enough goals. Harry needs to be blooded now - his possible upside is very very important to us.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #342
Any more word on Houli?

If he and Prestia don't play, we'll win comfortably.

They are both out

Really surprised Harry hasn't been picked.
Conditions in the last game didn't suit marking forwards at all with the slippery ball and he performed well for a very inexperienced ruck when thrown in there as well, which would have had an impact on his tank also.
Perhaps there is another reason and he hasn't performed at training or something, but I would have picked him on the JLT games.

Anyway perhaps next week
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #343
Gee I like BB's media conferences... the very antithesis of MM, no snide, adversarial comments. Such a refreshing change to listen to grounded, realistic & measured optimism together with important information.

Harry not playing is no surprise, just a little too top heavy. He'll get his chance as the kid needs continuity of games, as mentioned by our coaching staff. 4 new faces to don the navy blue - Dow, Garlett, Mullett and Kennedy.

I'm not expecting/hoping for anything more tomorrow night than a fair-dinkum dip... and I reckon that's what we'll see. It'll take time now for all the newbies to meld, so probably a very up and down season... but I reckon the ups (glimpses into our future) will be exciting and moments of full-on quick, transitional footy.

Mrs Baggers and I have our memberships, and now being 'long distance' / country members will only be able to make it to a few games - very impressed with the package for those of us who live 150k plus from Melb.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #344
Good to hear Diesel is back in the fold presenting Paddy Dow's jumper today.
Reality always wins in the end.