Skip to main content
Topic: For The Record (Read 9076 times) previous topic - next topic

For The Record

I know this is a little off topic (and sorry to everybody if this is the wrong place to bring this up)...but I have just written a book!

It's called "For The Record" and looks at the development of Australian Pop Culture.  There are unique chapters dedicated to every year from 1964 to 2017.  Each chapter looks at Births, Deaths, News Events, Entertainment News, Sport and the Music that became the soundtrack to our lives.

Obviously there are many references to Carltons success over the decades with scores, facts and figures (but it's not entirely a sport book).

The notes and trivia I have compiled is the information I used when producing a radio show on Gold 104 called "My Generation with Jono Coleman" and "Classic 9 At 9" on Triple M and K Rock.  For the first time, everything is about to be released.

As we get closer to publication, I'll keep you all in the loop.
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Re: For The Record

Reply #1
Absolutely Brilliant achievement

Sounds like an interesting read, great stuff WW
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #2
Great achievement!

It sounds like it will be a very good read.  Make sure you do keep us in the loop  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
Well done Willie, remember listening to My Generation with JC.... as the others have said sounds like a great read and you must have had some fun getting it together.

Reply #4
Yep, sounds good. Looking forward to it.

Thanks WW.

Reply #5
What an achievement to publish a book. Congratulations WW.
Funnily enough it's written in  my era. I'm familiar with both radio shows.
I look forward to details about the launch of For The Record. I hope it's a great seller.

I'm always amazed to hear about the experiences, achievements, and expertise of fellow Bluebaggers!! Great stuff.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #6
Top stuff WW, sounds like it will be a great read!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #7
Good one Willee.

A gutsy thing to take on. I hope it's big success for you.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #8
Thanks everybody.  Six months ago I never thought of even attempting it...

Oh, today I am five years cancer free too! This is a really important milestone - never thought I'd get here either!!
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004

Reply #9

Oh, today I am five years cancer free too! This is a really important milestone - never thought I'd get here either!!

Congrats on your milestone Willie, you are a real fighter, lots to look forward to for you and your family....you will need to do a revised edition of your book
in a couple years time when we win a flag...you can call it the premiership edition... ;)

Reply #10

All the best Willie - well done!

Look forward to your book.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #11
Well done WEt Willie great achievement to finish where many only have thoughts, could be a great read lets us know how to grab a copy

Reply #12
Thanks again everybody...I lovin' the Premiership Edition - lock it in!!

Reply #13
Congrats a great effort.
Any reason why its from 1964? The Beatles?
1957 on, would have inclued JOK, Joye, Lonie Lee, Rebb, Chester, Thunderbirds, Atlantics etc.
Anyway you have to start somewhere.
Look forward to it.

Reply #14
That's a great question.

In radio, the line in the sand tends to be 1964 because of The Beatles and the cultural change and impact they created. 

If you hear a station claiming to play hits from the 60s, 70s and 80s - it usually only goes back to 1964.

"Nostalgia stations" like Magic used to go earlier but avoided the later Beatles era.

Different formats for different tastes