Skip to main content
Topic: Brownlow Medal Thread 2019: Can Crippa get it? (Read 10008 times) previous topic - next topic

Brownlow Medal Thread 2019: Can Crippa get it?

Tonight is the night and Crippa is, again, one of the favourites.

Crippa was our best 10 time this season. However, we did not win many of those games. I would say that he is unlikely to bring home the prize. However, I can hope!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Brownlow Medal Thread 2019: Can Crippa get it?

Reply #1
It’s looking like Dangerfield by the experts, but I think Neale will get the rewards.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #2
Tonight is the night and Crippa is, again, one of the favourites.

Crippa was our best 10 time this season. However, we did not win many of those games. I would say that he is unlikely to bring home the prize. However, I can hope!

Crippa got 20 votes last year in a side that only won 2 and got flogged in many - so he is clearly a 'vote-catcher' which goes a long way to getting the gong.

We can only hope.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #3
If he isn't in the top three. something is radically wrong.

Reply #4
If he isn't in the top three. something is radically wrong.

There are 4 guys ahead of him in the betting. Really any of these guys could win it.

$2.50 Dangerfield
$5.00 Neale
$6.50 Fyfe
$7.00 Bontempelli
$11.00 Cripps
$15.00 Grundy
$21.00 Treloar
$34.00 Macrae
$34.00 Tim Kelly
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #5
Interesting that 3 of t he top 4 blokes should all have been suspended in a less contrived world.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
That's short for Dangerfield, bookies unlikely to get it wrong by that much

Reply #7
As much as I love Cripps I think Neale would be my favorite followed by Fyfe.

Vic based commentators and bookies always underestimate interstate players, also they have huge positive differential in Free For / Against with Neale (+34%) and Fyfe (+33%), while Cripps(+23%) and Dangerfield(+13%) are closer to 50/50! Neale gave away 50% less frees than the other three!

A Brownlow smoky could be Jackson Macrae!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
That's short for Dangerfield, bookies unlikely to get it wrong by that much

Kelly was the better player all year. Seems to have been forgotten!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #9
Good point, should take some votes off him. If Cripps doesn't win I'd be happy for Neale to win it

Reply #10

Kelly should be leading it from about rounds 7-12 . It just depends on if Danger can chase him down.

Yes, Crippa was a vote catcher, but despite all his votes last year, i think he only had 2x 3 vote games......our wins from memory.

Cripps was better at the start of the year than he was at the end. If he can steal a few 3 voters early on instead of just 2's and 1's,  then his name might get him a couple of 'C. Judd - 3 votes' games on the back end......that is games where he was not BOG, but his name gets him 3 anyway.

Reply #11
I've had a couple of shekels on Crippa leading after 5 rounds....... Go you good thing!!!

Reply #12

Yep, not bad for a WAFL hack is Kelly, I think he will steal votes from Danger for sure ..I'm going to go Grundy to win it from the Bont and Fyfe/Cripps.
Cripps will suffer from the BOG has to come from the winning team syndrome IMO and probably wont get enough 3 votes, lets hope I am wrong as our man is every bit as good as any of the top fancied players and we deserve some luck..

Reply #13
Id be getting on Bontempelli for this one.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #14
What about Cripps to poll more votes than the rest of Carlton combined, paying $5.50