Skip to main content
Topic: Brownlow Medal Thread 2019: Can Crippa get it? (Read 10007 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Brownlow Medal Thread 2019: Can Crippa get it?

Reply #75
He has that effect on me too. Amazing isn't it - our human propensities. Love what we love (insert Navy ????) and hate what we hate (insert Danger and his puke evoking coach????)

Danger is the new James Turd!

Don't forget if you meet them to walk away backwards bowing, and never turn your back!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
My final thoughts on the Brownlow. In Round 18 Liam Jones got 10 coaches votes. Both coaches thought he was the best player on the ground. The umpires didn't think he was in the top 3 on the ground. Exactly the same thing happened to Levi Casboult in Round 22, 10 coaches votes, 0 Brownlow votes. The AFLPA MVP is a much more meaningful award, even if it doesn't have the history and glamour about it

Reply #77
My final thoughts on the Brownlow. In Round 18 Liam Jones got 10 coaches votes. Both coaches thought he was the best player on the ground. The umpires didn't think he was in the top 3 on the ground. Exactly the same thing happened to Levi Casboult in Round 22, 10 coaches votes, 0 Brownlow votes. The AFLPA MVP is a much more meaningful award, even if it doesn't have the history and glamour about it

You think the AFLPA would switch onto this and monetize the event, I suspect it would become more prestigious and lucrative than the Brownlow in no time at all. Money directly in their own pocket! The same applies to the AFLCA.

To me it's a simple hierarchy;
Player Awards (Peer voted, big sample size, premium and meaningful)
Coaches Awards (In the know, but some bias)
Club Awards (A tad political)
Umpire Awards (Close observers, midfield biased, some bias(see Diesel))
Media Awards (Just Corrupt)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #78
Good summary LP, I agree