Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues vs. Williamstown at Willi on Sunday (Read 9732 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Northern Blues vs. Williamstown at Willi on Sunday

Reply #15
@Baggers

Excellent report mate, good to see you continuing the great RR tradition!  :)

Big shoes to fill but I'll stick at it  :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #16
Warnock - really did work hard against a good opponent (Meecey). You could see he's giving his all but the conditions really didn't help big blokes... especially one who manages a contested mark every 2 1/2 years. Would you bring him in to replace Wood? Nuh.

It's good to hear Warnock putting in, Meese is exactly the type he usually struggles against, that is blokes who are physical and jump into Warnock usually stitch him up time after time.

But 206 should have been very familiar with Meese, so I am not sure what to make of a nil-all-draw!

I suspect Wood or Meat would have soundly beaten Meese which is why the lad moved, or was moved on!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
If Warnock cant beat up on a undersized suburban footballer in Meese then he should be moved on.....

Reply #18
If Warnock cant beat up on a undersized suburban footballer in Meese then he should be moved on.....
Considering how often they must have rucked with and against each other, it is truly not a good sign for Warnock. Meese has a huge heart, but he shouldn't get close to Warnock. About the only excuse I can come up with is the condition of the centre square at Willi, which is usually not fit for football when it rains. It would hurt Warnock far more than it would Meese.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #19
Considering how often they must have rucked with and against each other, it is truly not a good sign for Warnock. Meese has a huge heart, but he shouldn't get close to Warnock. About the only excuse I can come up with is the condition of the centre square at Willi, which is usually not fit for football when it rains. It would hurt Warnock far more than it would Meese.
Strangely, the ground was in good nick - even in the middle. But the ball blowing all about the place no doubt didn't help 206 as Meecey was able to use his strength and negate many contests.

Reply #20
Outstanding report Baggers; you do much better when you don't have me distracting you. :-X

Did the good lady boil the water for your thermos? ;)

:))  :)) I bought her a timer for her birthday!  ;)

Reply #21
 :)) :)) :))