Skip to main content
Topic: RD 21: Carlton vs Geelong: Pre match Predictions (Read 23601 times) previous topic - next topic

RD 21: Carlton vs Geelong: Pre match Predictions

To be honest, we should not win this week. We have half a team fit and almost nothing to spare in the VFL. We have guys who usually play very well against the Cats out, not to return until 2015 and a number of guys whose futures are questionable. We are 13th on the ladder and can't really afford to win any more games: to be brutally honest, I'd love to Dogs to win again and put us back to 14th so we get batter draft choices.

However, if the Cats think like that for a moment against us, they will be in for the shock of their miserable 9 lives!

At the moment we appear to have bought into what Malthouse is trying to sell and we are playing as well as we can with our list limitations. And we appear to lift against the pernicious pussies. Last time we were robbed, simple as that. And we have never beaten this mob at Etihad, having experienced some of the most suspect defeats in League history there. The fact that we have lost 12 times out of 12 at Etihad should put Geelong in the 'box seat'. However.....

It will be an interesting game at Etihad and don't be surprised if the game is close again.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: RD 21: Carlton vs Geelong: Pre match Predictions

Reply #1
We will obviously have to be on our game for 4Qs for this one and I think MM would be very keen for a win, despite any draft pick implications. We are now all about establishing the culture and approach for 2015 so he will want us to go all out with whatever players we can muster.

Tall order but who knows. I will be there.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2
We will obviously have to be on our game for 4Qs for this one and I think MM would be very keen for a win, despite any draft pick implications. We are now all about establishing the culture and approach for 2015 so he will want us to go all out with whatever players we can muster.

Tall order but who knows. I will be there.
I agree. We are trying to win, no matter what the cost, to set up the culture Malthouse wants. I have no problems with that. Winning does good things for my brain chemistry. I need more dopamine in my life.
I will be there, no doubt. And I would love to put these pussies in their place. I simply don't think we have the cattle at the moment. But, stranger things have happened.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Is this a fully ticketed game?  Can't   find info anywhere

Reply #4
Is this a fully ticketed game?  Can't   find info anywhere
I don't think it is, yet. Info should be up soon, on the club website if nowhere else.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
@ Crash
Talk about brain chemistry!  :))

I am a winning addict being deprived of my substance of choice on too many occasions.

Reply #6
@ Crash
Talk about brain chemistry!  :))

I am a winning addict being deprived of my substance of choice on too many occasions.
I think we all have, Cookie. Even the coach needs a good dose of dopamine: look at his pressers and you can see the relative lack of neurotransmitters in his behaviour.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
Add in the more favourable 2015 draw finishing bottom 6. But that should be doable regardless as there are what 2 games and % between us and the next side above us?

Cats will want to keep their home final top 2 chances alive too.

Reply #8
Add in the more favourable 2015 draw finishing bottom 6. But that should be doable regardless as there are what 2 games and % between us and the next side above us?

We absolutely must go all out to win this, and I think we will. If we don't then too bad, but I want to see an heroic effort by us!  8)

Reply #9

We absolutely must go all out to win this, and I think we will. If we don't then too bad, but I want to see an heroic effort by us!  8)
We've had a few heroic efforts this year. However, getting close to them would almost screw them up mentally as much as a Carlton win would. They must understand just how undermanned we are at the moment.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10

We've had a few heroic efforts this year. However, getting close to them would almost screw them up mentally as much as a Carlton win would. They must understand just how undermanned we are at the moment.

Agree. If we could make it into a nail biter it would be great! Good fo draft picks, good for morale and undermines their confidence.  8)

Reply #11
I saw Riccardi's kick deflect from Wiggo's hand... at leats one of that 12 is a con job.

Be prepared to get absolutely reamed on Friday night - the ducker chuckers get carte blanche against us.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #12
I saw Riccardi's kick deflect from Wiggo's hand... at leats one of that 12 is a con job.

Be prepared to get absolutely reamed on Friday night - the ducker chuckers get carte blanche against us.
And their last 'win' was shown millions of times not to be. And the Umpire's boss admitted it. They have been on borrowed time against us for quite a while. It may not quite be time to call in the debts, but the better we play, the clearer it will be to them that THE DEBTS WILL BE PAID!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #13
Crash, we match up well against this mob, I don't see why we can't run them close.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #14
Crash, we match up well against this mob, I don't see why we can't run them close.

Agree, the only problem I see will be Lonergan and Taylor will provide more of  stumbling block than May and Thompson did for GC last game.
Both were in Geelong's  best vs Freo and I think players like Menzel and Casboult will have to do more to help Waite out because I dont see him kicking a bag vs Taylor.
Of course the other issue is Tom Hawkins and I think Jamo has to stand him 1st as Rowe was out thought and outmuscled last game....

Reckon we can match them in the midfield and if we can kick straight and take our chances we can win....