Skip to main content
Topic: RD 21: Carlton vs Geelong: Pre match Predictions (Read 23597 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 21: Carlton vs Geelong: Pre match Predictions

Reply #15
We've played well against them in the past purely because our pace is a concern for them. For this reason with the absence of Walker, Buckley and Yazz, I expect Army will get a run and I won't be surprised if Jeffy gets a call up. Whatever happens we've nothing to lose, but they do. Go Blues!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #16
Crash, we match up well against this mob, I don't see why we can't run them close.

Agree, the only problem I see will be Lonergan and Taylor will provide more of  stumbling block than May and Thompson did for GC last game.
Both were in Geelong's  best vs Freo and I think players like Menzel and Casboult will have to do more to help Waite out because I dont see him kicking a bag vs Taylor.
Of course the other issue is Tom Hawkins and I think Jamo has to stand him 1st as Rowe was out thought and outmuscled last game....

Reckon we can match them in the midfield and if we can kick straight and take our chances we can win....

Give Rowe Tommahawk first up, and find out if he learned anything from last time about how to do things differently.  Might be more worthwhile given where we are on the ladder.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #17
@Thry

Yep, after all this is mainly a "development" game for us.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #18
we have to be smart team to beat pussies, 1 need some1 to feel in the space in front of hawk when he leads and 2no long bombs to our fwd line taylor and longreon will destroy us.But at the end of day

Reply #19
No Hendo doesn't help us EB, got the feeling their defence will be a bit too smart for us but we can match 'em elsewhere.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #20
Just read on twitter Stevie J on crutches during at cats training session.

Very unlikely to play.

That's gotta help us I guess  ;)

Reply #21
All I know is that I am sick to death of losing to these pricks.

But knowing how we have played in the past against Geelong, we will put up a good fight but lose in a close one and we will be on here on Friday night saying what an honourable lose it was. 
 :'(

Reply #22
Given who and how many we have out, I'm not expecting much.

Which ever boys make it out there, I hope they have a good crack and show a bit of heart/pride.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #23
All I know is that I am sick to death of losing to these pricks.

But knowing how we have played in the past against Geelong, we will put up a good fight but lose in a close one and we will be on here on Friday night saying what an honourable lose it was. 
 :'(

I would take this one in a heart beat. If we can be very competitive, I would be more than happy. I don't expect us to win and probably see us missing by around 4 goals in the end.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #24
Does anyone think we can get within 19.5 points?? I'm thinking of taking us in my line tipping competition.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #25
Does anyone think we can get within 19.5 points?? I'm thinking of taking us in my line tipping competition.

Go for it. It sounds about where we are at.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #26
Read that Yazz likely to play.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #27
Give Rowe Tommahawk first up, and find out if he learned anything from last time about how to do things differently.  Might be more worthwhile given where we are on the ladder.

On the other hand, if we are trying to win the game Jamison will get Hawkins.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #28

Go for it. It sounds about where we are at.
Maybe, I don't think we can win because we have some significant outs since we last played them.
Walker
Robinson
Henderson
Yarran ?
Everitt

Is Judd enough to cover these guys?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #29
Im tipping a win, we are playing some really good footy over the last 8 or so weeks, Judd's playing on.....ive just got that feeling we might surprise, no science or method, just a feeling