Skip to main content
Topic: RD 21: Carlton vs Geelong: Pre match Predictions (Read 23606 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 21: Carlton vs Geelong: Pre match Predictions

Reply #30
Im tipping a win, we are playing some really good footy over the last 8 or so weeks, Judd's playing on.....ive just got that feeling we might surprise, no science or method, just a feeling

That's enough for me!!

I'm emptying the kids bank accounts first thing in the morning.

Carlton +39!!! O0 ;D
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #31
The possibility of no Stevie J means that we can cover Selwood and one more with Curnow and Carrazzo. 

Reply #32
Does anyone think we can get within 19.5 points?? I'm thinking of taking us in my line tipping competition.

Go for it. It sounds about where we are at.
Maybe, I don't think we can win because we have some significant outs since we last played them.
Walker
Robinson
Henderson
Yarran ?
Everitt

Is Judd enough to cover these guys?

2 significant ins for us are Judd and Curnow who were both sorely missed last time. And don't forget the quadruple goal kicker Tommy Bell for good measure!!!

Reply #33
So Im oversees in Italy. Can someone give me a link that I can watch it on line please?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
The possibility of no Stevie J means that we can cover Selwood and one more with Curnow and Carrazzo.
Stokes killed us last time. Send Curnow to him.

Gibbs played his (nearly) best ever game on Selwood last time and kept Selwood pretty quiet. Wouldn't be against sending Gibbs to him again.

Maybe Carrots to Kelly or Duncan?

If Yazz is fit to play, he would be a good match up for Motlop. He can keep up with him defensively but at the same time work off him to keep Motlop accountable.

Reply #35
Stokes killed us last time. Send Curnow to him.

Gibbs played his (nearly) best ever game on Selwood last time and kept Selwood pretty quiet. Wouldn't be against sending Gibbs to him again.

Maybe Carrots to Kelly or Duncan?

If Yazz is fit to play, he would be a good match up for Motlop. He can keep up with him defensively but at the same time work off him to keep Motlop accountable.

Think that Yazz won't play the rest of the year

Reply #36
Does anyone think we can get within 19.5 points?? I'm thinking of taking us in my line tipping competition.

Go for it. It sounds about where we are at.
Maybe, I don't think we can win because we have some significant outs since we last played them.
Walker
Robinson
Henderson
Yarran ?
Everitt

Is Judd enough to cover these guys?

2 significant ins for us are Judd and Curnow who were both sorely missed last time. And don't forget the quadruple goal kicker Tommy Bell for good measure!!!

Other significant ins are Waite & Wood (did Bell play against them last time?). Judd & Curnow are massive ins from last time though....massive.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #37
No McLean this time and we might win! :P

Reply #38
Hendo was in shocking form last time around so ne (net) loss. Also, Rowe a better performer now.

Blues by 20.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #39
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-08-12/carlton-injury-update

Carlton has received some good news on the injury front, with Chris Yarran expected to line up against Geelong on Friday night.

Yarran was substituted from Carlton’s Round 20 match against the Gold Coast after suffering a calf strain early in the game.

But Carlton’s GM – Football Operations Andrew McKay says the injury is not as bad as first thought.

“It’s actually pretty positive with Chris,” McKay said.

“We thought it was a full blown calf muscle strain but it’s just a half-grade soleus strain, which is just the minor muscle in the calf, so things are looking up for Chris and hopefully he will get up to play against Geelong this Friday night."

Meanwhile Matthew Kreuzer is on track to make his much-anticipated return from injury through the VFL this weekend.

Kreuzer hasn’t played since Round 1 after the decision was made for the big man to have surgery on his foot.

The 25-year-old is set to run out for the Northern Blues in Saturday’s clash with Port Melbourne.

Carlton Injury List

Dylan Buckley
Hamstring
2 weeks

Jaryd Cachia
Shoulder
Season

Andrejs Everitt
Knee
2 weeks

Cam Giles
Foot
Season

Lachie Henderson
Eye socket
Season

Matthew Kreuzer
Foot
Test

Mitch Robinson
Eye socket
Season

Andrew Walker
Knee
Season

Chris Yarran
Calf
Test
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #40
Carlton In:   NO change
          Out:

Geelong.   In: Bews, Smedts
              Out:  Bartel, Johnson

Big outs!!

Reply #41
Carlton In:   NO change
          Out:

Geelong.   In: Bews, Smedts
              Out:  Bartel, Johnson

Big outs!!

Big final 1992... must ignore the outs.

Reckon Brock will wear the vest and replace Graham once the pace is off the game (barring injury).

...and if Yazz doesn't come up, reckon Dangles is named as an emergency to take his place.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #42
Have they rested Bartel? If so, that strategy may well backfire...

Reply #43

94' No Couch, no Bairstow, no Hocking!!! I remember Carlton fans before the match saying we can't lose lol.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #44

94' No Couch, no Bairstow, no Hocking!!! I remember Carlton fans before the match saying we can't lose lol.
...woops  :-[ yes, 1994... I was one of those confident ones who thought we were good things. Apparently the Blight pre match address was magnificent. Anyway, I aint gonna fall for that one again!!!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17