Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues vs. Port Melbourne Sat at Preston (Read 8144 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Northern Blues vs. Port Melbourne Sat at Preston

Reply #15
Thanks for the report Baggers - look forward to seeing some of the boys in the seniors next week.

BTW, good to hear that Kreuz did OK - and didn't even get injured. ;)  Seriously, pleased to hear he's on the way back.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #16
Baggers, fantastic update , you're a gem.

I'd play Watson, Garlett and Cripps the next two weeks given we probably won't have Daisy, Menzel and Ellard.  For Watson and Jeffy to would be the last throw of the dice.

Also great to hear that Kruz got through his game time and that the second Irish boy is going from strength to strength.  Sheehan has been fantastic, and another like him would be sweet.

Reply #17
Good stuff Baggers.
Glad to read that K-man got through unscathed and earn't his keep.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #18
Thank you Baggers for your report. Just the stuff we need to know. Hope you enjoyed the Pies.  :)

2014 AFL Victoria Development League
Northern Blues   1.6  5.10  8.14  10.16 (76)
Port Melbourne   2.2  4.4  9.8  12.18 (90)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Sutton 2 Grimes 2 Dawson  Bolger  Dufficy  Yelland  Posar  Curnow
Port Melbourne: Hogan 3 Scipione 3 Pearson 2 Breust  McKenzie  Michaliades  Clarke

BEST:
Northern Blues: Posar Bolger Curnow Keegan Roberts Sutton
Port Melbourne: Vearing McKenzie Michaliades Henderson Purcell Woods

2014 Peter Jackson VFL
Northern Blues   2.2  3.3  5.6  9.6 (60)
Port Melbourne   2.5  7.10  12.12  18.17 (125)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Watson 3 Bransgrove  Lucas  Warnock  Johnson  Reynolds  Holman
Port Melbourne: Sandilands 4 Connors 4 Johnston 2 O'Sullivan 2 Pinwill  Gordon  O'Sullivan  Rowe  Johnson  Wooffindin

BEST:
Northern Blues: Holman Cripps Anthony Watson Lucas Taglieri
Port Melbourne: Sandilands Marigliani Magner Pleming Wooffindin Davies
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #19
Anthony has been a success story in defence for the NBs... as I mentioned previously, I reckon he could find himself rookied onto an AFL list next year as a defender.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #20
Thanks for the report Baggers. Interesting the other report had Holman as playing very well as well, surely a call up is on the cards with Daisy more than likely gone as well as Ellard?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #21
Anthony has been a success story in defence for the NBs... as I mentioned previously, I reckon he could find himself rookied onto an AFL list next year as a defender.
On a rare free weekend, I got out to Cramer St to see precisely what Baggeers relates. Not much can be added. Was in the stand nattering to a seemingly well-connected gent who says just this about Anthony. He might be a ... erm ... singular character but he's experienced and knows what the game's about. Another who does is Heath Scotland who quietly went about explaining to the defence what needed to be done when and where. NB's were outgunned, so the backs were under pressure but he looks and sounds the goods and may well go some distance in this caper. That gent also said Lucas endured a period of depression along with tearing a hammy off the bone and will be back west at year's end. As he got the ball early on, someone said "he'll muck it up" and he duly did, twice in fairly quick succession. He was prone to dumb kicking. Loved watching MK throw his considerable weight around. He got more confident as the game wore on and clunked several unassailable full-stretch grabs. Jeffy did some good things, mostly from the wing but sometimes in the centre. Even got a few tackles in. McInnes still lacks almost any confidence. Perhaps a good preseason will allow him to get it back. As said above, Cripps had a better second half. By no means fast across the park and needs an engine but is quick of mind in heavy traffic and got the ball out from a few packs. Pretty classy at this level but needs more physical development. The game got pretty congested so it wasn't that it slowed to suit him. He stepped up.

Reply #22
Anyone think a club will take a punt on bad boy Dan Connors?.....kicked a few goals this season and seems to have behaved himself...

Reply #23
Cheers Baggers.

Good report.

Watson got three, were they good or simple?

To be fair, they were good. He earned them and we know he is a good kick.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #24

Good luck to him because his games for Freo as a forward were just about the worst I've seen from an AFL player.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #25

Good luck to him because his games for Freo as a forward were just about the worst I've seen from an AFL player.

Was pretty bad in the WAFL as well.

I can't imagine a scenario where he'd get a game based on what I saw two years ago..
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................