Skip to main content
Topic: Re: RD 21: Carlton vs Geelong: In game (Read 25520 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 21: Carlton vs Geelong: In game

Reply #105
Games are won when you win the big plays.....Caddy should never have marked that footy in the pack, that goal gave them belief and we went into hang on mode and never looked like scoring.

We didnt have the belief they did and played like a team who knew they would be run over IMO....

Let alone being physically knackered due to no rotations, in the last 5 min of an AFL game.........I wasnt expecting there thought processes to be too clear myself!! ;)

You know, I'm truly shattered by the loss but cant help but feel like the tide is genuinely starting to turn.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #106
Armfield has to go. Ellard injured but not good venough anyway, Levi, too one dimensional, Graham a non-contributor, you won't finish in the top 4 with players of his caliber. Touhey, not only doesn't do enough but fks up too often. Sam Docherty fks up all the time. Yarran stupid kicks bad choices.

Simmo, made a guest appearance, Wood did littrle, and then the injuries.

So a great coaching effort and thanks to the 15 players that put in.

Simpson was tagged by Kelly and Malthouse didnt react to that move IMO....agree on Armfield, Ellard etc...Levi played on the form backman in the comp and got a lesson...Taylor is very good below his knees as well as being strong in the air. I would have made Levi play out of the goalsqaure and drag Taylor out of the play.
We were very poor structure wise down forward and I would sack that numptie Barker and get someone who knows how to setup vs different teams with different strengths.....Taylor murdered Freo last week by marking everything playing on another inexperienced ruck/forward in Clarke and Barker learned nothing from it.....

Reply #107
Armfield has to go. Ellard injured but not good venough anyway, Levi, too one dimensional, Graham a non-contributor, you won't finish in the top 4 with players of his caliber. Touhey, not only doesn't do enough but fks up too often. Sam Docherty fks up all the time. Yarran stupid kicks bad choices.

Simmo, made a guest appearance, Wood did littrle, and then the injuries.

So a great coaching effort and thanks to the 15 players that put in.

Simpson was tagged by Kelly and Malthouse didnt react to that move IMO....agree on Armfield, Ellard etc...Levi played on the form backman in the comp and got a lesson...Taylor is very good below his knees as well as being strong in the air. I would have made Levi play out of the goalsqaure and drag Taylor out of the play.
We were very poor structure wise down forward and I would sack that numptie Barker and get someone who knows how to setup vs different teams with different strengths.....Taylor murdered Freo last week by marking everything playing on another inexperienced ruck/forward in Clarke and Barker learned nothing from it.....

Yep - Barker has been a huge worry from day 1. That appointment is a real head scratcher.

Reply #108
Levi's sticky hands seem to have lost their adhesion.

Levi dropped far more than he marked and should have fisted through a ball that was marked right on the line resulting in a Geelong goal. As I said, he's too one dimensional and must improve his ground skills and second efforts, otherwise he's just another log of wood who can take a mark.

Levi had atleast 5 kicks that were kicked too bloody high for him to mark too.  Last eek, he was poo. I fully agree. But gee you guys are being harsh on his efforts tonight??
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!