Skip to main content
Topic: RD 21 Carlton vs Geelong (aftermatch aftermath) (Read 23002 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 21 Carlton vs Geelong (aftermatch aftermath)

Reply #15
We lost that game between the ears, nothing else.

Our players were more tired than the Cats due to losing Menzel, Thomas & Ellard to injury.

The free kick to Christensen was poor but it wasn't the reason why we lost. We just weren't good enough when it really mattered, as usual, at the death.

Nailed it...we cannot win close games because the list is not that good
We have good endeavour but skills poise finishing is not there
Armfield is a spud.....

Reply #16
Let me get my thoughts together...
When the frig is this frigging club going to go to the afl and abuse the umpiring system. How many frigging games do we lose because of those green maggots?
Any 50/50 decision when the heat is on always goes against us. As a club we always cop it on the chin, well frig em, enough is enough.
I mean that fair bump Rowe did on Softwood, WTF?
Time for MM to come out with guns blazing or even this could be the first job of Triggy.
Carlton played well, Geelong played for frees and the umps just umpired friggin crape again. >:(
Thats the problem, I reckon MM goes to em all guns blazing more often than we know. And they react each following week by getting the dirty pineapple and gently inserting it where the sun doesn't shine. I reckon our Club needs to STFU and get on with it. Its like players pointing to the screen asking the umpire to have another look. They never do and never change a decision so why waste the oxygen? Focus on the next passage of play and your immediate opponent.

I'm sorry but that is bull, we have for soooo long now just towed the line and been the alfs little yes club. We have created no waves and have taken whatever comes our way, we'll no more!
We are sitting 13th and will always be there abouts because are now a spineless club that is meek.
How many games or finals have been spoken about on here complaint about the what if umpiring decisions.
As a club we need to ask why does it CONTINUALLY happen?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #17
Take your boots down to OO during the week and you'll get a trip to Adelaide next week.

5 serious non starters next week with hardly anyone in the Northern BLues.  Cripps, Garlett, Lucas, Watson and Johnson only need to stand up tomorrow to be seriously considered.

Reply #18
Another game and everyone adheres to the script.
Right down to the non-existent free kick which led to the last goal of the game.
Boring!

That clip is gold - too funny.

Both the Kray brothers are masters of over acting to umpires decisions they don't like.

Great clip and love the Kray Bros tag, Ronnie and Regie eh! Reminds me of the Monty Python skit on them, The Pirhana Twins.  :))
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #19
7  losses under 15 pts... Says it all....

Like what?

Says to me that we just don't have enough class. Got to get rid of the ordinary players and draft in some new blood. Having said that we did play the game out for 4Qs, just not quite good enough.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #20
Spot on cookie.

We are simply not good enough

Delist the hacks and plodders

Reply #21
7  losses under 15 pts... Says it all....

Like what?

Says to me that we just don't have enough class. Got to get rid of the ordinary players and draft in some new blood. Having said that we did play the game out for 4Qs, just not quite good enough.

I would have said that 4 or 5 of those were so far back in the season that they are almost irrelevant.

Someone said that if you'd told me Henderson, Everitt, Robinson and Walker had been out and we'd lose Thomas, Menzel and Ellard in the game I'd say we lucky to be within 10 goals.

So the stat is meaningless.

One thing I will say is that we have gone a bit hermit crabby in the last couple of close ones.

But at least we are saying something.

Not like numbnuts, who can't string a screwing sentence together.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #22
Did anyone else think that miss of Murph's from the set shot in the third rather poor ??

Have to kick those all the time regardless of who the opposition is.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #23
Better a dozen close lost games than 2 or 3 thrashings. Get a hold of yourselves guys. Sure we fail to win close games. How many sides have Kreuzer, Robinson, Garlett, Everitt, Henderson types out of their squads. The quality they give our squad that is. Then to lose 3 players during a game to kill the rotations.

The free kick for hands in the back killed my will to watch the final minutes with open eyes. Why do umpires pay these free kicks when the game is on the line ? Poor skills by both side tonight. Wood, is one I won't even comment on.

We came close, but no cigar. They had a better list by a country mile, and failed to bury us. Be angry with the loss, but be happy we didn't lose buy 5 plus goals either, considering we had no bench in the last quarter. A crap game in terms of skills and ability. A decent fight for 4 quarters from kids who don't have talent to win games off their own boot. We didn't drop this game. They just got out of jail with a list that kills ours on paper. Poor quality game, but we didn't get flogged, so why be unhappy with that ?

Clean up the list and move forward. Don't be angry, because Cats supporters are taking this win as a huge leap forward towards the finals. Not an angry supporter. Carrotts killed Selwood, so Brock needs to move on.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #24
Did anyone else think that miss of Murph's from the set shot in the third rather poor ??

Yes, but he was not the only one to shank a kick. Poor night for skills. Maybe they need to avoid contact lenses at night. ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #25
Getting sick of falling just short against these guys. Has there been a softer free than the one which cost us the game?

I like what the club is building though and look forwardto seeing what next year brings after it was looking very shaky for a long while there

Reply #26
Give Touhy the last few weeks off. I dont think he's played a good game this year, nothing close to last year anyway. Looks confused with ball in hand.
I am/was a huge Armfield fan, but he's got to go too. Just no other options I spose.

Reply #27
Let me get my thoughts together...
When the frig is this frigging club going to go to the afl and abuse the umpiring system. How many frigging games do we lose because of those green maggots?
Any 50/50 decision when the heat is on always goes against us. As a club we always cop it on the chin, well frig em, enough is enough.
I mean that fair bump Rowe did on Softwood, WTF?
Time for MM to come out with guns blazing or even this could be the first job of Triggy.
Carlton played well, Geelong played for frees and the umps just umpired friggin crape again. >:(
Thats the problem, I reckon MM goes to em all guns blazing more often than we know. And they react each following week by getting the dirty pineapple and gently inserting it where the sun doesn't shine. I reckon our Club needs to STFU and get on with it. Its like players pointing to the screen asking the umpire to have another look. They never do and never change a decision so why waste the oxygen? Focus on the next passage of play and your immediate opponent.

I'm sorry but that is bull, we have for soooo long now just towed the line and been the alfs little yes club. We have created no waves and have taken whatever comes our way, we'll no more!
We are sitting 13th and will always be there abouts because are now a spineless club that is meek.
How many games or finals have been spoken about on here complaint about the what if umpiring decisions.
As a club we need to ask why does it CONTINUALLY happen?
Well I reckon we have been copping it from the umpires since the Elliot days. I reckon the AFL via the umps have had an agenda against since then, it only relaxed a little under Pagan as he was always saying (sic) "no use worrying about what you cant control". I reckon he never wrote a letter re the umpiring once. I reckon MM is into them all the time and thats why we get shafted. Its just my opinion and Im sticking to it. Im of the opinion that we should STFU and win the games off your own boot, don't worry about umps. In fact, if you think its a genuine problem, bloody plan for it. Plan to play against 25 not 22! Its all above the ears.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #28

Yep. And Gibbs turned it over a few times as did Yarran. Our better users let us down. I also thought Army was really poor, has lost his spark. Thought Thomas was awful until he went off but may have been affected by injury and Waite just didn't have that spring in his step tonight at all. Still a huge effort from the boys, just spewin those Cats got the win again, they sure didn't deserve it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #29
What about Carrazzo's third quarter on Selwood kept him to a couple of touches and had a heap himself help set up the game for us.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!