Skip to main content
Topic: RD 21 Carlton vs Geelong (aftermatch aftermath) (Read 23001 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 21 Carlton vs Geelong (aftermatch aftermath)

Reply #60
noticing a lot of love for Carrots in the CSC voting......

Personally thought he was terrific in the 2nd half after being abysmal in the first half. Selwood creamed him early but fought back hard later. Good effort but vote worthy?????  Not so sure. :-\

I think you'll find Nick Graham was on Selwood for a good part of the first quarter.

Carrazzo's second half was enormous not just because of Selwood's stats. One of the commentators mentioned how he would go with Selwood at the stoppages but that's where it ended. Carrazzo gave Selwood a lesson in clearances with eight, the most of any player on the night with six of them being centre clearances where he was head to head with Selwood (Selwood had one centre clearance for the game) along with an 87.5% disposal efficiency for his 32 touches.. All this whilst keeping Selwood out of the game and working hard to expose him the other way. I've said it before Carrazzo does not tag, he plays on his man and backs himself to beat him to the ball. When he's up and running he's nigh on impossible to beat. An extremely underrated player and another that looks like he has another season left in the tank.

BB I saw you gave Gibbs 10? I thought he cost us dearly with two poor skill errors under little pressure. He had a 52% disposal efficiency. Don't get me wrong he was still really good but not head and shoulders above others. IMO. ;)
selwood killed us in the first half when Curnow was running with him I thought.

In any case, Carrazzo's work both on Selwood and on the ball was a major reason we got so close to winning.

Clearly bog.

I had Carrazzo as our best but would have given Harry Taylor the BOG votes...

Reply #61
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #63
One thing I noticed about Rowe on Friday. He's definitely in the 'man's gots to know his limitations' category. None of this flashy running around opposition stuff again, just focus on defending. TBH he has been fantastic but I don't see him as the guaranteed future, the best defenders can also attack.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #65
Carrazzo was on Selwood all night, I would say they broke even which is a great effort from Carrots as he wasn't tagging him, he went head to head with him.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #66
Carrazzo was on Selwood all night, I would say they broke even which is a great effort from Carrots as he wasn't tagging him, he went head to head with him.

That's just it, that's how he 'tags'. Been doing it for years. I thought he had Selwood's measure personally, especially when the game was there to be won in the second half. But I could have sworn it was Graham playing on him when he kicked the goal in the first quarter. Unless Carrazzo was off the ground at the time.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #67

That's just it, that's how he 'tags'. Been doing it for years. I thought he had Selwood's measure personally, especially when the game was there to be won in the second half. But I could have sworn it was Graham playing on him when he kicked the goal in the first quarter. Unless Carrazzo was off the ground at the time.

Re watched that bit last night Carrots, and Simmo was running with him but stopped, Selwood kept moving into space and Graham was trying to get there to cover but too late...Simmo stuffed that one up.

Reply #68

He was on the bench when Selwood got the goal.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #69
MM said Carrazzo had the Selwood job all night but they were not happy with Carrazzo's first half, but very happy that he levelled things out in the second half. As MBB says, that's breaking even!

I thought Carrazzo was one of our better players, but I can't give a bloke BOG if he is beaten for almost a half. For me BOG means four quarters, none of them beaten, it must be break even or win. I didn't see any Carlton players win four quarters last night but Murphy would go close to breaking even in that he didn't really lose any quarters, but overall it was a very good team effort.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #70
Fair enough, I'd have the guy that had the most influence on the game for us, clearly Carrazzo. For example if a forward is well beaten in the first half but kicks 6 second half goals to win the game you'd probably have them as BOG. Each to their own!

PS I don't think six centre clearances to one is breaking even. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #72
 Talking of maggots, did anyone see the Wells hit on Higgins today. Hit square on the jaw with his shoulder. Surely he has to go for that one? Made Rowe's look like a love tap.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #73
Talking of maggots, did anyone see the Wells hit on Higgins today. Hit square on the jaw with his shoulder. Surely he has to go for that one? Made Rowe's look like a love tap.
That hit of Rowes on Softwood was a classic hip and shoulder within the required distance of play and should never EVER have been paid a free. That ump should never umpire again this year, he should be ashamed...very ashamed.
2024... Moir of the same to come