Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide in Adelaide on Friday (Read 31489 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide in Adelaide on Friday

Reply #15
Looking forward to a few beers watching this live.

Hoping for a win.

Reply #16
Not without a chance.   Think our injuries though might make this one just a little too hard

Reply #17
Cripps in and try him in one of the key positions. He's tall enough and seen him take contested pack grabs forward in the VFL. Be good when it hits the deck too. Worth a go at this time of the year.

From what I have seen thus far, Cripps is not quite a key position player... nor on-baller. I reckon it it's too early. Maybe it is just simply he's learning about his growing bod and what he is capable of.

Reckon he can grow into that role, even if it is a little early right now. Possibly a third tall forward this week.

Reply #18
Will be hard for s to win given the outs, but if we play like we have over last few weeks not without a chance

I'm more worried about the ins   ie Watson if he plays ...lets hope he doesnt play down back if he does come into the team...we will get beat by 10 goals if that happens.
Rather see Cripps, Holman in and maybe Garlett for Ellard......

Be nice to see whether Watson can translate NB form up forward into AFL level.

Not withstanding a couple of shockers this year it's usually a case with Watson as to whether he can translate his his AFL form to the NBs....LOL! His first couple of years he played pretty well in the seniors after playing worse in the VFL.

Reply #19
Daisy and Menzel cleared of serious damage and are a chance to play this week. I would hope they don't.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #20
OMG if we play Menzel gain this year and he wrecks his shoulder and misses the preseason I think I will disown the club. We need to start preparing for next season and that means giving a bloke like Holman a crack in the big league and giving Menz a rest.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #21
Troy Menzel: suffered an AC joint sprain to his left shoulder, which is a reoccurrence of the injury sustained in Round 18.
Scans cleared Menzel of any structural damage and he will be a test this week.

Pretty sure an injury would be more likely to "reoccur" if hadn't been treated adequately in the first instance. LEARN FROM IT FFS!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #22
OMG if we play Menzel gain this year and he wrecks his shoulder and misses the preseason I think I will disown the club. We need to start preparing for next season and that means giving a bloke like Holman a crack in the big league and giving Menz a rest.

x2
Keep the Faith

Reply #23

Thats how I would be running things...Holman in for a taste of the bigtime and both Menzel and Daisy in the stand resting....

Reply #24
Daisy and Menzel cleared of serious damage and are a chance to play this week. I would hope they don't.

Play the kids and let these two get better and ready for a big preseason. Like others have stated. The risk is far too high and the benefits of letting them play is almost nothing to gain at all. Surely Mick can see this. Get Garlett back in if he is good, and stick a kid in too. If we start playing players that are borderline, we must have rocks in our heads. Something we have done in the past far too often.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #25
Troy Menzel: suffered an AC joint sprain to his left shoulder, which is a reoccurrence of the injury sustained in Round 18.
Scans cleared Menzel of any structural damage and he will be a test this week.

Pretty sure an injury would be more likely to "reoccur" if hadn't been treated adequately in the first instance. LEARN FROM IT FFS!!
I hope they learn and give him the week off. Get it right! The Weagles took 2 years of Judd's career by playing him with screwed up groins. That sort of thing is stupid! Look after our players so they last!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #26
Play Watson...has to be given another chance. He has been a bit stiff or am I just dreaming. So slow of the start and awful reading the ball in the air.

Reply #27
Planning for next season should have begun weeks ago when we were no chance of playing finals.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #28
I wouldn't be playing Thomas or Menzel this week.

In - Cripps, Holman, Johnson
Out - Ellard, Menzel, Thomas (all injured)

Reply #29
Think Jeffy will get a run this week.