Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues vs. Box Hill Hawks on Sat, (Read 14444 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Northern Blues vs. Box Hill Hawks on Sat,

Reply #15
Only thing I've learnt today is Watson can actually play forward. He's looked good from the world's most limited opportunities imaginable. NB's were hopeless.

Reply #16
Hopeless was being very polite.  Hawthorn's second stringers dominate the VFL, ours struggle to have much impact.  Our list situation isn't just bad, it's panic-station crisis levels.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #17
Hopeless was being very polite.  Hawthorn's second stringers dominate the VFL, ours struggle to have much impact.  Our list situation isn't just bad, it's panic-station crisis levels.

To be fair alot of our list is watching from the stands. A big injury list in the seniors equates to bugger all left in the VFL. We've done well lately, considering the injuries, at least until last night.

Reply #18
Watson, if he could ever get motivated might have a role to play.  The younger Ciaran is a good size and has something about him, but gees he is as raw as sushi.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #19
The cupboard is bare!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #21
For those watching and wondering ...Reynolds is 31, Byrne is 79, Temay is 67, cripps is usually 44 but today is 39!!! and I reckon the rest are pretty obvious. Cheers...
Back from the other room already Baggers ;)

Reply #22
Box Hill 26.15 (171) defeated Northern Blues 6.6 (42)

Gee, its been a ripping weekend to follow the Blues !!   :-[
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #23
I watched all the game on TV, it was a train wreck.
Schoenmakers, McEvoy and a few other Box Hill players would walk into our senior team.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #24
Training run for the Hawks...I only watched the first half but that was enough...

Watson kicked two goals that I saw from limited opportunities but didnt really impress me much...although supply and delivery were poor.
Reynolds...looks good when he gets it but doesnt get it enough..
Armfield...battled on ok and was our best player IMO but doesnt have the class with the footy we need in the seniors.
Cripps....juest went IMO but looks the part when he does get the footy ...his issue his fitness, needs endurance work and can look slow when he tires...
Warnock.......McEvoy was better at ground level....
Fraser Russell...nothing special, turned it over with his first kick across the ground and is more of a D grade rookie, too small and too light.
Byrne...the flood started early and he just drowned in it.....

re: Jack Anthony....spud...

Luke Webster....just sack this dope before we ruin anymore kids and yep Ill keep calling for  a standalone team till it happens...

Grimley and Woodward might hold some interest for other clubs.....Grimley takes a decent mark and is mobile enough for a tall and I really like Woodward who attacks the footy hard , has a good work rate and kicks goals.
I could see both at other clubs next year......Hawks extract max return though for their fringe players and will get other clubs to pay overs...

Reply #25
2014 AFL Victoria Development League
Box Hill Hawks   6.4  13.12  18.16  24.23 (167)
Northern Blues   1.2  2.2  5.5  7.6 (48)

GOALS:
Box Hill Hawks: McEvoy 7 Papadopoulos 4 Gordon 3 Cust 2 Lawlor 2 Bond  Franetic  Miles  Wood  Northe  Summers
Northern Blues: McCann 2 Jenkins  Callaway  Yelland  Hunt  Tardio

BEST:
Box Hill Hawks: Collins Lawlor McEvoy Gibson Cust Cassidy
Northern Blues: Jenkins Tardio McDonald Johnston Yelland Watson

When we start the day like this, it bodes poorly.

2014 Peter Jackson VFL
Box Hill Hawks   8.0  11.8  18.12  26.15 (171)
Northern Blues   3.2  3.3  5.5  6.6 (42)

GOALS:
Box Hill Hawks: Grimley 7 Murphy 4 Soccio 2 McEvoy 2 Sicily 2 Woodward 2 Tobin  Lowden  Kelly  Willsmore  Schoenmakers  Ross  Hallahan
Northern Blues: Watson 3 Cattapan  Russell  Reynolds

BEST:
Box Hill Hawks: Woodward McEvoy Grimley Kelly Hallahan Brand
Northern Blues: Watson Cripps Totevski Wilson Cattapan Armfield

Then the main event. A shocking weekend with nothing to recommend it so far.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #26
Luke Webster....just sack this dope before we ruin anymore kids and yep Ill keep calling for  a standalone team till it happens...
Here farking here!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #27
Training run for the Hawks...I only watched the first half but that was enough...

Watson kicked two goals that I saw from limited opportunities but didnt really impress me much...although supply and delivery were poor.
Reynolds...looks good when he gets it but doesnt get it enough..
Armfield...battled on ok and was our best player IMO but doesnt have the class with the footy we need in the seniors.
Cripps....juest went IMO but looks the part when he does get the footy ...his issue his fitness, needs endurance work and can look slow when he tires...
Warnock.......McEvoy was better at ground level....
Fraser Russell...nothing special, turned it over with his first kick across the ground and is more of a D grade rookie, too small and too light.
Byrne...the flood started early and he just drowned in it.....

re: Jack Anthony....spud...

Grimley and Woodward might hold some interest for other clubs.....Grimley takes a decent mark and is mobile enough for a tall and I really like Woodward who attacks the footy hard , has a good work rate and kicks goals.
I could see both at other clubs next year......Hawks extract max return though for their fringe players and will get other clubs to pay overs...

Yes on all accounts.

Grimley and Woodward are the two Id be keen on at the Hawks.

I think they are good enough to take the next step but have limited opportunities at the Hawks. Gotta look at the lists of Hawthorn, Geelong, Port, Sydney IMO. Then try to pick the eyes out of gun young talent at GWS and Gold Coast.

Grimley at 199cm being mobile, good skill set, good mark and has mongrel. Must chase along with Jaksch to play the swingman role. Id actually look at Jaksch for CHB with Rowe at FB. Jamison the 3rd tall perhaps to provide help but either way his body wont hold up much longer IMO.

Membrey from the Swans also.

Woodward is quite a powerful unit. Quick and good skills. We need this. I think the Hawks would be mad to get rid of him and Grimley but id be keen on both.

Reply #28
For those watching and wondering ...Reynolds is 31, Byrne is 79, Temay is 67, cripps is usually 44 but today is 39!!! and I reckon the rest are pretty obvious. Cheers...
Back from the other room already Baggers ;)

8)   ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #29
1st + 2nds total loss = 230

Is that some kind of record?