Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 38854 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #15
When you have a fitness advantage it really shows up at this level.  So often they could just burn us off and get space to deliver the ball unimpeded to an open forward line.  We MUST get fitter or we can't compete.

Mick needs to put the acid on this group this preseason... get serious or F off.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #16
When you have a fitness advantage it really shows up at this level.  So often they could just burn us off and get space to deliver the ball unimpeded to an open forward line.  We MUST get fitter or we can't compete.

Mick needs to put the acid on this group this preseason... get serious or F off.

True by all measures.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #17
I can think of 2: Jamison and Rowe in defence. They played as well as they could in the circumstances. Gibbs worked hard, Judd wasn't too bad and Levi took some marks. So many had no influence  at all.
I really don't think Port are that good, but they smashed us as nobody but Sydney has managed to this year.

Add Wood too. 16 disposals 8 marks and ran forward to give an option.
Wood showed a lot. He tried his guts out and got the ball. But he was pounded in the ruck work. Lobbe I have never rated until this year, but he started the rot. Our lack of midfield pressure set the rot in place.
Wood did enough to make sure he is on our list in 2015, but we REALLY need a top ruckman. And we need to do our homework on guys like Lobbe, so they don't damage us again.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #18
Rowe and Casboult should be taken to task over 2 amateur mistakes..........    They are not "good " kicks , let alone decent kicks of the footy so dont even bother to try and kick the footy off 1 step, or when walking backwards for that matter.

There were plenty more disgraceful efforts from our players tonight and some probably much worse but these 2, of all people, need to stick to the basics !

BTW, I bet Steven Trigg is rapped about sending out his letter to the members this week, asking for what the club could do better !!
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #19
I can think of 2: Jamison and Rowe in defence. They played as well as they could in the circumstances. Gibbs worked hard, Judd wasn't too bad and Levi took some marks. So many had no influence  at all.
I really don't think Port are that good, but they smashed us as nobody but Sydney has managed to this year.

Lot of guys simply had nothing left tonight.

I now remember what it was I disliked about Port. What a mob of ****s.

Still reckon they've got some serious front runners. They are now the team I don't want to win it.

Loved Ratts and still feel he Had much to give us but this port side feels like us that good year under him - challenge them properly defensively and they will crumble

Reply #20
Lucas stamped his exit papers tonight good and proper. Pea heart once again.
Mick says he judges kids by how they perform of the big stage.
well the kids better get used to 2nds footy for a while yet going by their performances tonight. All looked out of their depth for the most part.

Reply #21
We were leading the Drug Cheats into a false sense of security. Just when they think they don't have to take us seriously we'll revert to form of previous weeks...lol!

Reply #22
Lololol at Mark Stevens in the press conference what an embarrassment to Ch 7 along with Harley he is

Reply #23
Interesting presser by Mick.  Basically blokes are stuffed and we are always against sides up for top 4 so basically.. we are basically fighting quality sides with a lot on the line.  Blamed our poor skill level and turnovers for tonight.

Stevens tried to bait Mick about Murphy getting KO'd and Mick basically did his crap at the questioning and blamed the poor kick for the incident.

Wants us to develop more depth for next year.

Doesn't know how we will field a team next week.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #24
Glad I didnt see this one.

Did see the presser and thought Mick did pretty well in it. Has come a long way from where he was in the middle of the year IMO.

Reply #25
Pathetic in term of effort and intensity....

Simpson......ordinary, couldnt get near it and has been put out of business by the better teams who are manning him up
Jamison....reasonable overall on Schultz but it could have looked ugly if the ex Tiger had kicked straight.
Docherty...unsighted and lacks physical presence...need some strong teammates around him.
Touhy...woeful....
Sheehan..hardly sighted...learning curve game.
Rowe...battled on and tried to hold the leaking defense together but was over run in the end and ended up with a pass getting picked off for an easy goal
but you cant deny his effort and application and was one of our best.
Yarran....not interested, maybe injured coming into the game but worked out that tonight was going to be a lot of ar$e chasing and
decided that he wasnt going to exert himself too much...
White....not great, one solo goal but had no impact and was led to the ball most times...

Carrazzo....moved around to different players trying to stop Ports mids but ended up swamped by their run and carry..
Judd...started well but Ports pace and constant running was a bit much for the old champ and he couldnt keep up with the younger legs.
Murphy....didnt do much when he was on but tried to lead by being brave but ended up concussed.
Gibbs....battled on, no real effect on the game but was our best mid and at least used the ball in a reasonable manner..

Bell...crape....didnt get much of the footy and when he did just butchered every kick......didnt like Ports pace much either and needed to worl harder but didnt.
Levi..got smashed in the ruck and his goal kicking was off, did a little bit round the ground but the Port talls ran him ragged and his field kicking lets him down too.
Graham...got a few kicks but was always under pressure, lacks a yard and Port are a team who will expose that as they are very quick.

Johnson....finding his way, lays a good tackle for a young bloke but lacks composure and has a long way to go....50/50 on his future.
Menzel....injured from last week and didnt do much.
Holman...bad night to debut and started down back on Ports mid sized forwards and it was a nigtmare job...he is an honest player who has courage but we wont be judging him on tonights game...like Graham lacks a yard of pace but Port do make you look slow.

Waite...not much he could do tonight with limited opportunities and gets a pass.
Lucas...horror game to be subbed into but didnt show much and you woudle expect him to be gone at seaosn end...
Curnow...tried but lacks class and skill.....not sure he is senior 22 material in a really good team...handy backup player and is ok in your bottom 5-8 players but we need a better attacking tagger who can use the footy and hurt teams..

Wood....probably was the one player along with Jamison who could say they broke even with their man(Lobbe) but has his brain dead moments and you have the feeling he isnt the answer but as a backup ruck is good value to have on the list.
If Kruezer can stay fit and get into form his best is better than Wood but the latter is very good to have as a backup player as he can do a job for you but will never be a dominating ruckman...

Reply #26
Lololol at Mark Stevens in the press conference what an embarrassment to Ch 7 along with Harley he is

Ch 7 coverage has again become tired and stereotyped. Badly in need of refreshing and the myopic ones removed.

I was amazed when Bwecie and Harlot started going on about how good the umpiring had been!!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #27
It was bound to happen and for a number of reasons too.

Injuries to a number of important players near kill us, we don't have the quality back-up that other clubs have and we were forced to play some young fellas with their 'L' plates on.

Port are a seriously good team who have been struggling recently, at home with a Top 4 spot up for grabs, they could smell the blood in the water and were not going to let this chance just pass them by.

When your season is over like ours is, its easy for some players to put the cue in the rack and I reckon there were a few who did tonight. I really hate it happening but that is an area for Malthouse to work through.

We have a number of players who just aren't good enough even though many many Blues fans still hold on with dire expectation that they will be okay. Some players can't kick, some players can't mark, some players can't tackle and some players can't do all three. We have been gallant & tried hard over the past month but it is in close games where those deficiencies get put under the spotlight and are exposed.

Unless we decide to replace them on the list (I don't think so), then we have to persist with the ongoing development of Holman & Johnson, they are part of the future plans until such time as there are surpassed by others.

Wood in the ruck has been an upgrade on Warnock and I am happy to see him at the club. However, if we are serious about the future, then we must build a new ruck division starting now by adding two more decent young options to Wood & Kreuzer. Lobbe was very good for them tonight and he gave Wood a touch-up for the most part.

We lack key forwards, we lack a couple of mids and our defence is only "okay" at present.

A massive loss like tonight put everyone at the club under further pressure and I'm sure they, like us can't wait for this season to finish so we can focus on the draft & trade periods. Hopefully there is plenty of activity and we hit the ground running in 2015 with some renewed purpose & vigour.

AC/DC told us that "it's a long way to the top" but right now, it looks more like we are on the "highway to hell".
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #28
Come on guys, we are only about 18 players short of a great squad. Surely we can fix that in one drafting season, and a few free agents pick ups ???

Yes we are 18 short as a minimum

5 to 7 years from being top 4 as a minimum

Reply #29
Thought MM was pretty good in his presser.

Anyway game over they are not as good as that game suggested and we are not that bad.

Let's see what 2015 holds - I think next week is a washout but let's hope, and I don't say this ever, but I hope they ale sure some druggies are cited next wk ;)