Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 38853 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #30
Come on guys, we are only about 18 players short of a great squad. Surely we can fix that in one drafting season, and a few free agents pick ups ???

Yes we are 18 short as a minimum

5 to 7 years from being top 4 as a minimum

port was bottom 2 years ago top 4 today, where's your logic? Enjoy the ASADA ban dipcrap

Reply #31
Lololol at Mark Stevens in the press conference what an embarrassment to Ch 7 along with Harley he is

What happened ?
He always asks deliberately stupid questions to Mick, then puts the whole 'but what did I do' act on when Mick fires up or fobs him off.

Reply #32
@micky  o

With rodgers in charge we are years away

With no development and poor reserves arrangement

Get a reality check..our list is poor...hence my suggested timeframe

Reply #33
Ouch.

They were too physical and had too much run. many of our guys looked a bit clueless out there.

Some of our leadership showed a bit of pride, but not many others followed.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #34
Rowe and Casboult should be taken to task over 2 amateur mistakes..........    They are not "good " kicks , let alone decent kicks of the footy so dont even bother to try and kick the footy off 1 step, or when walking backwards for that matter.

Seriously cannot blame Rowe for that goal, bagging Rowe is basically defending Lucas for a pea-hearted effort, the lad did not even contest when he should have been pushing hard back to make a contest. I'll take Rowe 1000X over the likes of Lucas.

Tonight showed why offering Carrazzo an extension was so wrong, just a panic merchant and cost us dearly with panic disposals. The Carrazzo mafia on the forum will come out and defend him but he is done, well and truly cooked!

Other than that, not much to say about tonight, too many injuries and a team full of players marking of the days until Mad Monday!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35
Interesting presser by Mick.  Basically blokes are stuffed and we are always against sides up for top 4 so basically.. we are basically fighting quality sides with a lot on the line.

So depressing. That used to be us - we'd be the perennial top 4 side.  Tonight again showed how far off we are from achieving this. Put a guy who's playing his 1st to 5th game in a side like Swans or Cats and they'll get shown how to hunt like a lioness does with her cubs.  Put 'em in our side and they'll see panic, turnover, demoralising red time goals, poor decisions, lack of shepherding, no  awareness, poor field positioning, and so on.

I'd love to see the secret formula that decides whether Melbourne gets a priority draft pick. 'Coz if they get one, we should get 2.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #36
Rowe was immense.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #37
@lp carrots was given a multi year extension when injured
Jamo got a 3 year extension
Watson got a 2 year extension
Talk to swan and sticks why this happened

Reply #39
@lp carrots was given a multi year extension when injured
Jamo got a 3 year extension
Watson got a 2 year extension
Talk to swan and sticks why this happened

Very poor list management.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #40
Rowe has been a positive in an awful year.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #41
Come on guys, we are only about 18 players short of a great squad. Surely we can fix that in one drafting season, and a few free agents pick ups ???

Yes we are 18 short as a minimum

5 to 7 years from being top 4 as a minimum

Disagree as we've been competitive against the top sides in recent times. Two weeks out with a sparse list we can be forgiven for dropping off. Remember how poorly Freo performed in the last round in 2013 when they fielded a dramatically undermanned squad against the Saints and got flogged because there was no consequence.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #43
Rowe has been a positive in an awful year.

Been very good and is nice bloke too so its great to see him cement a place in the team and get a new contract....when Holman was copping some treatment I thought
Rowe was the only player to help the kid out and I wouldnt mind another Sam Rowe in the team.....

Reply #44
Rowe was immense.

I wouldn't say "immense", he was as honest as they come.

Did you happen to notice they had more shots on goal than we had points in our entire score.

Tells you about where the game was played.

Rowe is considered a failed forward but he would have kicked 7 if he'd been playing in a port jumper.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................