Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting: Carlton vs Port (Read 7018 times) previous topic - next topic

Jim Park Voting: Carlton vs Port

Jim Park would be unsettled in his grave tonight to think that his beloved Blues could produce an effort of such quality. However, we still have to vote. I am not looking forward to it: I don't want to think about this game ever again.
You all know the drill. I hope you can find it in you to bother.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Jim Park Voting: Carlton vs Port

Reply #1
Team E-

5: Rowe
4: Jamison
3: Wood
3: Gibbs

Reply #2
10   Rowe

I really can't give any other votes and seeing as I can't give Rowe 15, I'm happy to forgo my votes this week.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3
5 Gibbs
5 Rowe
3 Judd
2 Curnow

Shows what happens when one team is super switched on - and one is treading water

Reply #4
Team F.. . Please resubmit a better effort.

Rowe 5 Gibbs 3 Wood 3 Curnow 2 Jamison 1 meh the rest.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #5
Gibbs 8
Curnow 2
Rowe 2
Jamison 2
Tuohy 1

Team C

Gibbs by miles, Curnow had a crack with his usual skill errors thrown in, Rowe and Jamison did well on their two key forwards and Tuohy battled hard.
The less said about the rest of them the better.

The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #6
Gibbs 6
Rowe 4
Jamison 2
Wood 2
Carrazzo 1

Team F

Reply #7
Team F-

8 - Rowe
5 - Jamison
2 - Gibbs

One of the worst games I have watched from us ever. F- is very generous a rating of this team.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #8
Team F-

8 - Rowe
5 - Jamison
2 - Gibbs

One of the worst games I have watched from us ever. F- is very generous a rating of this team.
I don't know if an F- will be accepted by the spreadsheet, but it is an all too accurate description of our play on the night.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
Team:   F
Probably the worst performance from a Carlton team since the disasters we suffered in 2003 - 2006. Granted we had only half a side on the park, but that was just unacceptable.

Votes:
[5]   Gibbs
[4]   Rowe
[3]    Jamison
[1]   Judd
[0.5]   Curnow
[0.5]   Tuohy
[0.5]   Wood
[0.5]   Carrazzo

Explanations:
I have never given so few people votes before, but there was very little to reward.
[5]   Gibbs:   Put in all night and kicked a very nice goal.
[4]   Rowe:   Beat his opponents hands down and actually won his position. 11 marks was a good night.
[3]    Jamison:   Not far behind Rowe in effectiveness.
[1]   Judd:   His worst game since his return, but still provided value that few could match.
[0.5]   Curnow:   Tried his guts out. Pity about the kicking.
[0.5]   Tuohy:   Our only small defender to even break even. He was much better last week.
[0.5]   Wood:   I am probably ripping Wood off giving him only 0.5 votes, but his 8 marks and hard work were cancelled out by his opponent's great game. It is a pity, because Wood went out there and did his best. Unfortunately Lobbe has turned into a decent ruckman.
[0.5]   Carrazzo:   Did a really good job on Wines.

Honourable Mentions:
Casboult:   Looked dangerous and might have been had we been able to get the ball near him. Terrible in the ruck.
Sheehan:   Tried hard and looked to have a future.
Lucas:   Not too bad when he came on, but had little overall effect.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
Team e

Rowe 6
Gibbs 6
Jamison 3

I don't know why Wood's game was appreciated I thought lobbe killed him.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
Team e

Rowe 6
Gibbs 6
Jamison 3

I don't know why Wood's game was appreciated I thought lobbe killed him.

Dont agree on Lobbe vs Wood

Lobbe had 28 hitouts to Woods 22 and Wood had the better of Lobbe with 16 possies to Lobbes 12...Wood 8 marks/Lobbe 2.......and in the hitouts Lobbe would have scored those extra hitouts vs Casboult in the main who didnt ruck as well as he usually does.

I appreciated Woods game and so did the papers who rated him higher than Lobbe in player rankings......and taking into account Lobbe will probably be in AA contention I thought Wood was one player who can say he broke even with his man on the night and he didnt have too many mates who did..
Dont call that a killing....in fact if you look at how Wood got his marks it was more to do with Lobbes lazy manning up and not going with Wood when he ran wide.
A player like Ryder would have had about 30 possies playing on Lobbe last night...

Reply #12
Team - F

5 - Gibbs
4 - Rowe
3 - Jamison
2 - Judd
1 - Carrazzo

Reply #13
Team: F

6 - Rowe