Skip to main content
Topic: R23 - Carlton v Essendon (Before & During The Game) (Read 35137 times) previous topic - next topic

R23 - Carlton v Essendon (Before & During The Game)

Carlton v Essendon (home game)
Saturday, 30 August@13:45
MCG

I don't hold much hope for this one. Hopefully a nice warm day.

Is Murphy out for this game?

Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon (Before the Game Bash-up)

Reply #1
I said before the Port game that it would be a stinker and it was. I also said we would smash the Cheating Scum and we will. Nothing surer.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
Won't be going due to my current boycott of Bummer games. Season now over AFAIC.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
Our team will look like a Northern Blues outfit if Murph and Yazz don't get up.

Reply #4
Big crowd hopefully at the G, get the see how the kids hold up

Reply #5
Just don't lose by more than 10 goals. 2 crushing defeats is just how we don't want to end a season.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #6
Won't be going due to my current boycott of Bummer games. Season now over AFAIC.
Understandable. Win, lose or draw, Essendon are still Drug Cheats and won't even admit to it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
I think that the NB's team from April would be stronger on paper than the senior team is now. We have very few fit guys even close to available.

Put it this way, if the Cheats don't win, then karma has come early.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
I think that the NB's team from April would be stronger on paper than the senior team is now. We have very few fit guys even close to available.

Put it this way, if the Cheats don't win, then karma has come early.
Speaking of karma Crash...that bus hit McCaffer right between the eyes today...another reco...he won't be cheating again next year.

Reply #9
I don't wish injury on anyone, even the Essendon subhumans, but when you look at some of the things that have happened recently, karma appears to be on the increase. Weeks for Boomer Harvey, injuries to McAffer and Collingwood, etc.
Now it would be nice to see us getting a little of what we deserve: victory.
Then again, maybe I'm dreaming and have Blue coloured glasses.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
I share your frustrations Crash.  After what the karma gods have served us for the last 15 years, a one point victory next week, from a bodgy free kick by a maligned player after the siren (perhaps even a double goal) would go some ways towards evening an account that is tilted alarmingly in their favour.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #11
I share your frustrations Crash.  After what the karma gods have served us for the last 15 years, a one point victory next week, from a bodgy free kick by a maligned player after the siren (perhaps even a double goal) would go some ways towards evening an account that is tilted alarmingly in their favour.

I would like us to be 2 points up, with the ball on the wing and the siren goes giving us a win. Only to have Ray pay a dodgy free kick to Heppell after the siren.

Still it seems ass we have won it only to have Ray have one of his "look at me" moments and sting us with a 50m penalty which puts Heppell 20m out on a slight angle, where he then proceeds slot the goal but sprays it enough to get close to the post.

The umpire goes to give a goal but the controlling umpire calls for a replay. It's inconclusive but the video reviewer overrules it, decides its a point and we win by 1pt

>:D

That would make up for about half of the crap.

Reply #12
I don't wish injury on anyone, even the Essendon subhumans, but when you look at some of the things that have happened recently, karma appears to be on the increase. Weeks for Boomer Harvey, injuries to McAffer and Collingwood, etc.
Now it would be nice to see us getting a little of what we deserve: victory.
Then again, maybe I'm dreaming and have Blue coloured glasses.
Wouldnt a dream run and leg up by the umpires be nice next week. The win will be even sweeter.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #13
No really fussed about the result, all I want to see is that bully boy, sniper who crossed from StKilda walk off the ground limping from all the 'attention' that we give him.

His actions against Buckley earlier in the year require some Touy, Casboult, Carrazzo, attention, with a little bit of Sheehan input to see what he can do as well.

Catch cry for the match, 'Get The Sook!'

Reply #14
Only one sniper in that side and that is Mr P Ryder. Always bullies blokes alot smaller than him also. Needs a good centre bounce knee in the throat nice and early by Cas or Woody.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th