Skip to main content
Topic: R23 - Carlton v Essendon (Before & During The Game) (Read 35138 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon (Before the Game Bash-up)

Reply #15
I don't wish ill on anybody either but Ryder has committed so many dog acts on our small blokes over the years that I would shed no tears if he was to come off second best from a contest.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #16
I don't wish ill on anybody either but Ryder has committed so many dog acts on our small blokes over the years that I would shed no tears if he was to come off second best from a contest.

Agree on Ryder but if you notice its always vs players half his size and when faced with anyone bigger he runs away... watched him vs Ty Vickery and he copped one to the jaw and didnt want to go on with it all......Hocking is another sniper who bullies smalls like Murphy but wont man up when its someone more agressive. Remember Hodge gave him one and Hocking sooked on the ground and was happy to stay there.

Goddard just annoys me and if copped one from any opposing player I would be happy...if there is one player who whinges more to umpies than Goddard I havent seen him yet.
We also owe him for roughing up Dylan Buckley...our little bloke stood up for himself but he had to as Jamison who was closest was next to useless in letting Goddard know who was boss.

Its time to recuit some harder bigger bodies players and give other teams like Essendon a working over and let other teams know the old days are over and we wont be bullied...

Reply #17
Only thing is the harder bigger bodies are lacking a little skill (Robbo, White).
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #18

Agree on Ryder but if you notice its always vs players half his size and when faced with anyone bigger he runs away... watched him vs Ty Vickery and he copped one to the jaw and didnt want to go on with it all......Hocking is another sniper who bullies smalls like Murphy but wont man up when its someone more agressive. Remember Hodge gave him one and Hocking sooked on the ground and was happy to stay there.

Goddard just annoys me and if copped one from any opposing player I would be happy...if there is one player who whinges more to umpies than Goddard I havent seen him yet.
We also owe him for roughing up Dylan Buckley...our little bloke stood up for himself but he had to as Jamison who was closest was next to useless in letting Goddard know who was boss.

Its time to recuit some harder bigger bodies players and give other teams like Essendon a working over and let other teams know the old days are over and we wont be bullied...

The "Old Days"? I think we might have few of them left EB, but not as many as we used to have ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #19
We'd should have available Everitt, Thomas, Jeffy, Brock, Cripps, Armfield and maybe even Robbo for this game against cheats.com.au

I reckon we are in with a huge chance to beat the shizen out of this mob.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #20
We'd should have available Everitt, Thomas, Jeffy, Brock, Cripps, Armfield and maybe even Robbo for this game against cheats.com.au

Baggers, Mick in his Message to the Masses today stated that there would not be many changes possible to the team from last Friday's game, maybe a "couple coming in from the seconds" to use his words. Sooo, who knows I guess?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #21

Baggers, Mick in his Message to the Masses today stated that there would not be many changes possible to the team from last Friday's game, maybe a "couple coming in from the seconds" to use his words. Sooo, who knows I guess?

Hope he's playing ducks and drakes. Love to see us go into this game with the best 22 we can put together... and that would have to include Everitt and Daisy at least - depending on how they get through training this week. Reckon Jeffy is a monty.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #22
Man, if Geelong has a major slip up and we're staring the bottom 4 in the face.

Reply #23
We are in a position where we can win no matter what happens.
If we lose and other teams around us win, we can get a better pick, 2 places better. It isn't likely, but it is possible. GWS and WB can even draw for us to drop down.

If we win, then we can't get a worse pick. We also have the ability to derail Essendon's finals' campaign at the very start. That is very nice.

To be brutally honest, we don't have the cattle available to EXPECT a win. However, but for last weekend, we've shown enough to make Essendon quake in their drug filled boots.

It is NEVER a bad thing to beat the B*mbers.

Malthouse could use the game as our GF, as we are so not going to be there at the end of September. Nor do we have to worry about the NB's as their season has finished.

Port took us out early last week: something we need to avoid.

Whatever happens, I am not going to miss 2014. It has been a year ruined by strategic injuries and poor early form. Hopefully we have learnt enough lessons that we will not repeat this season next year.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #24
Yep 2014 can FO already. We may have already seen Robbo and Jeffy play their last game in Blue, could very well be Jarrad Waite's last game in Blue as well. It's the end of an era.

You know in noughties we were in poor shape but we always had that belief that the club would turn things around and once again become a force. We were on the way only to see them pull the trigger on Ratts after an injury riddled season in what was a terrible decision in hindsight IMO anyway I understand others disagree. That's not the point I'm trying to make though. We've seen just a glimmer of hope of the last part of the season, something to cling on to for 2015 but if 2015 was another year like this one then who knows where to from there? Another coach, a spill of the board? 2015 simply has to work out well for this club or we may find ourselves lost for another decade or longer. We are on the verge of becoming the next Richmond.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #25
We will "smash em like guitars".
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26
PI2C is right... This season can fark off.

Don't think we will win, just hope no one does a knee.

Reply #27
Heard Jamo on SEN earlier - he reckons we will be certainly "going for it". Let's just see eh!  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #28
If the Bulldogs lose this round their tanking !!

As for our game, I would love nothing more than to totally obliterate these guys.

I'm afraid we will be lucky to even walk away with a win. :(

Onward and upward in 2015 !!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #29
Carlisle out, and Goddard and Heppell looking a bit dodgy

Reckon we ll still get done though.

Last weeks embarrassment destroyed any hope and confidence our form from the previous month or so had provided..